Rams doomed to fail in L.A.

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Rams doomed to fail in L.A.

Post by jackal »

The Rams billion dollar project is being built in one of the worst parts of L.A.
Inglewood almost five times national murder rate, 107 percent of national rape average,
three times the national average for robbery, 140 percent of average in assault's ..yeah
lets put a Billionare development in that neighborhood ,
Good Job Rodger Godell.

Compton is the heart of Crip and Blood gangland sits below Inglewood 8 miles or so
to the southeast. Chances in Compton of being a victim of violent crime 1/86 versus 1/252 people

Culver City sits above it and has one of the most violent street gangs that borders the 405
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... 0CITY%2013
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... Q&hl=en_US
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... U&hl=en_US

http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/2 ... les-county

Some 302 people in Compton were killed by another’s hand from 2000 through 2010, an 11-year span, according to the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner. Of those, 177 are still unsolved.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
slapnut19
Transition Player

Re: Rams doomed to fail in L.A.

Post by slapnut19 »

were all those issues at play when the lakers played in that area?

no offense man, but the rams owner is a billionaire. you don't get to that level without knowing what you are doing.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

slapnut19 wrote:were all those issues at play when the lakers played in that area?

no offense man, but the rams owner is a billionaire. you don't get to that level without knowing what you are doing.
Pretty much every owner is a billionaire and teams fail in areas all the time. Didn't he already fail in St. Louis anyway?
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

Cliff wrote: Pretty much every owner is a billionaire and teams fail in areas all the time. Didn't he already fail in St. Louis anyway?

how did he fail exactly? he found a better situation for the team and will make even more money, and he did what the nfl wanted which is to get a team in the nfl's 2nd largest market. you think a few bad areas around inglewood will make this be a failure? narrow minded thinking if you ask me.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Why do you think the Lakers moved oit of Inglewood?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

there is a little bit more involved than just putting a stadium in a crappy neighborhood. also you are underestimating the impact of how much development will follow along with the stadium.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

there is a little bit more involved than just putting a stadium in a crappy neighborhood. also you are underestimating the impact of how much development will follow along with the stadium.
the only way it works if the team pays L.A.P.D. and County to make that whole area a no fly zone and arrest and do warrant checks 24/7 anywhere near the stadium.

If you go north from the 405 out the 101 to the Suburbs... You don't see anyone that does not belong there West lake, Thousand Oaks, Hidden Hills and Calabasas

I would imagine Pacific Palasades is the same way, and the same for Orange county exclusive places. Malibu was disappointing to be honest most of the stars homes

have huge privacy walls and don't venture out a lot, except for very exclusive places.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

slapnut19 wrote:how did he fail exactly? he found a better situation for the team and will make even more money, and he did what the nfl wanted which is to get a team in the nfl's 2nd largest market. you think a few bad areas around inglewood will make this be a failure? narrow minded thinking if you ask me.
It depends on what we're talking about.

The Rams being doomed to fail as a team in L.A. is not the same as the owner not making money. He failed to keep the Rams in St. Louis. I'm sure he still made money though.

Will he actually have a better situation? It's hard telling. This wouldn't be the first time the Rams failed there.
GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 »

Is the question whether or not they will sell tickets? If I lived in the area I would certainly tune in on TV, buy the gear, etc... so it's just about who is going to trek out to the stadium amid the perilous stats mentioned. The reality is I rarely went to the HOMER dome because the tickets are expensive and I hate the hassle. So are the Vikings suffering because of that? I don't t think so.
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

Cliff wrote: It depends on what we're talking about.

The Rams being doomed to fail as a team in L.A. is not the same as the owner not making money. He failed to keep the Rams in St. Louis. I'm sure he still made money though.

Will he actually have a better situation? It's hard telling. This wouldn't be the first time the Rams failed there.

comparing this situation to a georgia fronterie run team is a little off base. the real reason the rams will work is that the league wants a shiny new complex on the west coast. this isn't about ticket sales or what neighborhood the stadium is in. it's about the league having a presence in the 2nd largest media market in the country.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

comparing this situation to a georgia fronterie run team is a little off base. the real reason the rams will work is that the league wants a shiny new complex on the west coast. this isn't about ticket sales or what neighborhood the stadium is in. it's about the league having a presence in the 2nd largest media market in the country.
I think you will have people getting robbed and killed pulling off trying to get gas coming to and from the games.
I dated a girl that lives in one of the best areas in L.A. People from there kinda turn blinders to it, but are wise to
which areas to avoid. Its the fans who don't know L.A. I think will suffer the most. L.A. is a world unto itself with
a million things to do(with proper funds). I hope the Rams prosper I just think, putting a stadium in that area is beyond
insane.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

LA doesn't follow a loser. the Rams will do okay when they are winning. Overall, I expect lots of empty seats once the novelty wears off again. Beyond that, its a nightmare to get anywhere in LA. For a Monday Night game you'd probably sit in traffic 3 hours BEFORE you even get the stadium.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

there are sports stadiums in worse areas than the inglewood area, and people aren't getting killed going to and from the game. some of you act like they are building the stadium in the middle east.
alldayyeezy
Waterboy

Post by alldayyeezy »

fiestavike wrote:LA doesn't follow a loser. the Rams will do okay when they are winning. Overall, I expect lots of empty seats once the novelty wears off again. Beyond that, its a nightmare to get anywhere in LA. For a Monday Night game you'd probably sit in traffic 3 hours BEFORE you even get the stadium.

So true who knows what Goff and Gurley can provide them together
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

So true who knows what Goff and Gurley can provide them together
Gurley so far looks like a real NFL pro bowl type guy...

Goff who knows .. It usually takes two or three years to see what a QB can do ...

IMO the problem for the Rams is Seattle and Arizona in their division. Not to mention
Green Bay, Carolina, Vikings and maybe Tampa Bay. SF seems to a team with an owner who
is screwing up his team and a Coach who ran the Eagles into the ground. If the Rams
got the number pick right, they still gave up two or three years of quality picks. That
means Goff with have to learn fast before the teams talent fades away. Not to mention
they will have to spend two years with an adjusted location and schedule. IMO the Rams
have twice as big of chance to fall into a bottom ten team because of moving location
issues, loss of two or three years or quality picks, and forcing a rookie to start early on.

Seattle and Arizona are not going anywhere and NFL teams have no mercy for another
teams issues. Every team had studied Gurley now and will see his cuts and which way he favors
blocks etc etc...IMO Wentz could be the better QB in the NFL. Rodgers also got to learn his
system and the NFL under a HOF QB. To me that is why I have a ton of faith in Teddy Bridgewater.
The guy got no pass protection from our OL and IMO handled it very well. He also does well
at the end of games driving the ball. Carr's brother and many other QB's confidence was shattered
under similar issues.