NFL top 100

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

NFL top 100

Post by jackal »

well they said Barr didn't make the list which I think is wrong.

Andrew Luck played terrible in the few games he did play and then missed most of the
season and he made the list??
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: NFL top 100

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

It's a joke - just like it is every single year.

I doubt Everson Griffen, Harrison Smith, or Linval Joseph make it either.

Only guy we will have on there this year is Adrian Peterson.

Let's face it, no one will give this team its due until they win a Super Bowl. Just the way it is.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Linval was killing OL until he got hurt. I remember a dozen or so plays where
he had tackles for loss or just ate up block so others could get sacks.

Harrison Smith IMO has deserved to be on the list every year.

yeah 20 names in and not a single Viking.. but they have Eli Manning
who we crushed last season.. B.S.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:Linval was killing OL until he got hurt. I remember a dozen or so plays where
he had tackles for loss or just ate up block so others could get sacks.

Harrison Smith IMO has deserved to be on the list every year.

yeah 20 names in and not a single Viking.. but they have Eli Manning
who we crushed last season.. B.S.
You complained too soon, I had a feeling Linval would be on the list.

Also, I dont think "You crushing Eli" is nessecary a reason for him not to be on the list.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

You complained too soon, I had a feeling Linval would be on the list.

Also, I don't think "You crushing Eli" is nessecary a reason for him not to be on the list.
Man your mindset is strange; if other teams are beating you buy 30 points and scoring touchdowns
off picks, you throw? That's not a reason to not be on the list?

Okay, no more crack, for you.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: Man your mindset is strange; if other teams are beating you buy 30 points and scoring touchdowns
off picks, you throw? That's not a reason to not be on the list?

Okay, no more crack, for you.
Eli Manning had a 35-14 TD to INT ratio, over 4000 yards and a passer rating of 92, and your telling me he shouldn't be on the list?
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Outside of fantasy football those numbers don't matter if your costing your team wins.

In reality that is what matters .. if Teddy throws for 178 yards and a touchdown sometimes
two and we beat Green Bay(along with every other NFCN team, in Green Bay) yes it does not
matter. Wins matter .... I believe Vince Lombardi would agree, with me.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:Outside of fantasy football those numbers don't matter if your costing your team wins.

In reality that is what matters .. if Teddy throws for 178 yards and a touchdown sometimes
two and we beat Green Bay(along with every other NFCN team, in Green Bay) yes it does not
matter. Wins matter .... I believe Vince Lombardi would agree, with me.
This is a team game, do you honestly think that if you replace Teddy with Eli from last year that you dont fair just as good, if not better? It is quite obvious, that Teddy and his 14-9 TD to INT ratio and passer rating of 88% costed his team more games then Eli did with his fantastic on field production. What about when Teddy's D doesnt hold up the end of the bargain and you get stomped into the dust by GB and Seattle? Does that reflect solely on Teddy? By your logic, it does.

When it comes to winning, you seem pretty high and mighty considering the Vikes didnt get past the wild card round, you do realize Eli has won 2 SBs? Are you actually trying to say that Bridge should be on the on the list instead of Eli? Again, why are you judging one player off of the merits of his entire team?

Do you think Bradshaw better then Marino?
BTW, didn't you just state above that Harrison Smith should be on the list ever year? Being that this is the first year since 2012 where the Vikings were even remotely relevant, that seems to contradict your logic.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: This is a team game, do you honestly think that if you replace Teddy with Eli from last year that you dont fair just as good, if not better? It is quite obvious, that Teddy and his 14-9 TD to INT ratio and passer rating of 88% costed his team more games then Eli did with his fantastic on field production. What about when Teddy's D doesnt hold up the end of the bargain and you get stomped into the dust by GB and Seattle? Does that reflect solely on Teddy? By your logic, it does.

When it comes to winning, you seem pretty high and mighty considering the Vikes didnt get past the wild card round, you do realize Eli has won 2 SBs? Are you actually trying to say that Bridge should be on the on the list instead of Eli? Again, why are you judging one player off of the merits of his entire team?

BTW, didn't you just state above that Harrison Smith should be on the list ever year? Being that this is the first year since 2012 where the Vikings were even remotely relevant, that seems to contradict your logic.
Jordy, What formula do you use to calculate your QB evaluations? avg TD/INT/Yards per season? QBR? Are there other factors?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: Jordy, What formula do you use to calculate your QB evaluations? avg TD/INT/Yards per season? QBR? Are there other factors?
Yea, pretty much all of that. (Except instead of QBR, I prefer Passer rating)

I take everything into consideration, Passer rating, Completion percentage, average TD a season, average INT per season, overall TD to INT ratio, yards per season, yards per game, there isnt any stat that goes unturned when it comes to how I feel a QB should graded.

I tend to lean towards efficency values, rather then quanity, as I think that is far more reflective of the players on field performance.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

This is a team game, do you honestly think that if you replace Teddy with Eli from last year that you dont fair just as good, if not better? It is quite obvious, that Teddy and his 14-9 TD to INT ratio and passer rating of 88% costed his team more games then Eli did with his fantastic on field production. What about when Teddy's D doesnt hold up the end of the bargain and you get stomped into the dust by GB and Seattle? Does that reflect solely on Teddy? By your logic, it does.

all I can say is last year we beat the stuffing out of the Giants.. Eli was a small factor in those
games. He got a lucky helmet catch in one and both the defensive line beat Brady in the Pats
(Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre Paul and Strahan won those games)
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: all I can say is last year we beat the stuffing out of the Giants.. Eli was a small factor in those
games. He got a lucky helmet catch in one and both the defensive line beat Brady in the Pats
(Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre Paul and Strahan won those games)
Who cares if you beat the stuffing out of the Giants last year? One game does not supercede an entire season.

In Eli Mannings two postseason runs, he had 15 TDs, only 2 INTs, and a rating over 100 in 5 of those 8 games, no, he was clearly more then a "small" factor. His D was one of the worst ranked in the league when he won in 2011.

How can you dismiss the helmet catch as "Luck' when it was Eli who made the play and escaped a sack to deliver an accurate downfield target that saved the game for the Giants?
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

if luck is a factor then brady got very lucky with his kicker making game winning kicks and wilson throwing the game away two seasons ago.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Ill say it right now, and I really dont like saying it, but it is true.

I think it is already apparent, in my mind that Aaron Rodgers is to high on the list.