I Graduated Today

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

I Graduated Today

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I just wanted to pass along that I graduated from The University of Iowa today. I had been attending Iowa for the last five years (yes, I was a super senior). I graduated with a B.S. in Athletic Training. In the Fall, I will begin pursuing a Doctor of Occupational Therapy degree.

I consider this board to be my internet family. I grew up during my formative years on here. I cannot believe I have been posting here for almost ten years. I appreciate that a majority of you have stuck around during my time here. This is the BEST Vikings fan site in the world. I appreciate each and everyone of you.

Just wanted to share.

Skol.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: I Graduated Today

Post by Crax »

Congrats. Sounds like you're going back for more school. Good luck with the work on the doctorate.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Awesome man, I hope all your dreams come true. I am chipping away at my MBA now. I graduated in 2013 with a Cum Laude in Business Healthcare Management Degree
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Must be an awesome feeling. Congratulations!
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Good for you! Congratulations!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Congratulations! That's awesome. Do you have any specific career you're looking to get into?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Congrats!!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Cliff wrote:Congratulations! That's awesome. Do you have any specific career you're looking to get into?
Thank you for the kind wishes everyone.

I hope to figure out my future career aspirations during occupational therapy school. I could get a full-time job with my athletic training degree as it stands, but, it is not what I want to do with the rest of my life haha.

I would ideally like to work with veterans. Or maybe there will be a demand for helping retired athletes in the coming years. Either of those two would be very rewarding.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I hope to figure out my future career aspirations during occupational therapy school. I could get a full-time job with my athletic training degree as it stands, but, it is not what I want to do with the rest of my life haha.

I would ideally like to work with veterans. Or maybe there will be a demand for helping retired athletes in the coming years. Either of those two would be very rewarding.
Based on my experience there are two types of jobs... ones you work to pay your bills and jobs you really love and bring personal rewarding experiences.

Most people have the first. If you can meet both that is really great.. I had a family to support and stayed with a job I hated more than the Packers.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!