Next season predictions

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Next season predictions

Post by jackal »

AFC North
Steelers 11-5 too much offense and a slight improvement
on defense beats out Bengals

Bengals 9-7 wild card lowest seed
overall depth and early season wins get them in the dance

Baltimore 7-9
still fixing issues since superbowl winning
team they play spoiler this season

Browns 3-13
team has too many weak spots and plays in a
pretty good division.

AFC South (most improved division)

Houston 11-5
their defense and added weapons on offense win them some games
I am not convinced the team wins that division in two seasons

Jacksonville 10-6

improving offense and a good off season bring right to the top of AFC wildcard
and the way they are improving I think they win the division before two long.

The Colts 8-8
they win some games and need more weapons to get to the playoffs

Titans 6-10
they improve but have a ways to go, still.

AFC EAST

Patriots 10-6 tom Brady missing hurts them but I think they
still win the division

Jets 8-8 Unless they sign their QB back I don't see them winning
more games than they lose.

Miami 6-10
defense improves but they find ways to loose games still and their
coaching staff can't beat several divisional teams.

Buffalo 6-10
Rex's magic begins to fade again but they win some close ones.

AFC west
Bronco's 10-6
their offense is worse and the raiders are improving but I think
they win the division again.

Raiders 9-7 (possible wildcard)
a few things bounce their way and they slide in front of K.C.
into a wildcard spot

Kansas City 9-7
love their defense but they have some limited depth and an
average offense compared to other teams

San Diego 5-11
not a horrible team but not a complete team and
I think the stepchild of their division

NFC South
Carolina 11-5 faces a weaker divsion
and have some really great players.

Tampa 9-7 miss playoffs
win games and play spoiler for some teams

Atlanta 7-9
average team that does not play consistent enough
to beat better teams

New Orleans
5-11 not a good team and Drew Brees
can't make up for that weak defense

NFC east

Dallas 10-6 if romo stays healthy most season
not good defense but decent offense

Redskins 8-8
they snuck in last season and don't beat a healthy
dallas

Giants 6-10
Eli wins a few games but their depth and coaching
have them medicore, at best

Philly
5-11
still paying for the Chip Kelly era...

NFC North

vikings 12-4 defense and improved offense drag us ahead
a GB team for a second season

Green Bay 11-5
still have Rodgers and a bad defense

Chicago 7-9
Bears defense continues to improve and Cutler still losses
games for bears

Detroit 5-11 No Calvin hurts them
their team grows weaker compared
to division

NFC West

Arizona 12-4 Good offense and Defense and excellent
coaching slide them past seattle

Seattle 10-6
good team but the Rams swept them last season
and Arizona can at least win one game against them

Rams 7-9
talented team but extra road games and a young QB
cost them again.

49ers 3-13
Chip Kelly endures another bad season
and Kapernick suffers horrible season
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Next season predictions

Post by Jordysghost »

The Packers dont have a bad Defense, do you mind backing that up with anything? The D was the only reason they made the playoffs, the O was a let down all year long with our WRs and O line so banged up.

Ill just do an NFC North prediction for now.

Packers - 13-3 Rodgers bounces back from "Bad" year and goes all MVP on that NFL ####. :) Packers D continues its ascension and the secondary proves to be the best in the league with three premier CBs in Sheilds, Randall, and Rollins, slimmed down Lacy gets back to where he was prior to his dissapointing 4.1 ypc season last year. Jeff Janis takes the league by storm. :D Packers still prove to be the model of NFC North consistancy.

Vikings- 10-6 Defense continues to be among the best in the league, but O line doesnt do Bridge any favors, and he fails to significantly improve under the pressure, AP has a good year and the Vikings grind out 10 wins, making the playoffs as the 5th seed.

Bears-5-11 While fielding a decent D, the Bears Offense collapses without Forte, Cutler is a pick machine and is benched for Hoyer late in the season.

Lions-4-12 Same ol Lions but without Calvin.

DISCLAIMER: I didnt put much thought into these and they were just for fun.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The Packers dont have a bad Defense, do you mind backing that up with anything? The D was the only reason they made the playoffs, the O was a let down all year long with our WRs and O line so banged up.

Okay I will help you out and decrease your ignorance of your team.

You lost last season because your defense does not stop the run well.

Once Jordy Nelson was gone your wide outs were sub standard and cost you games.

Arizona scored what forty points on you.. hint, hint, that's not good defense

You didn't play well in the division and lost every home game against the north.

If the refs wouldn't have blown that face mask call and given you and extra play Detroit would have swept your team.

IMO, in two years you guys will not only lose this division you will come in third.. once the bears fix their defense

Your safety is one of your top tacklers on your team. HAHA Clinton Dix (what happened to the first two layers of tacklers??)hmmm...
ATT YDS AVG LONG 20+ TD YDS/G FUM FUML 1DN
Packers 436 1850 4.2 65 9 8 115.6 8 4 100
Opponents 420 1905 4.5 55 14 13 119.1 8 3 96

your team gave up 4.5 yards per attempt. Your team gave almost 20 yards plus on average almost every game last 14 times.
your team gave up over 1900 yards rushing last season or an average of 119 yards a game last season almost a touchdown
every game (rushing).

I will be honest with you if your team didn't have the refs throwing you a game or two. (Dallas also gets this) You wouldn't have
made the playoffs at all. IMO you only have one saving grace Arron Rodgers.. Without him you be one of the worst teams in the
NFL. The real bad new is our defense is full of pro bowl level talent Barr, Kendricks, Hunter, Floyd, Harrison Smith, Rhodes,
Joseph, and Griffen.Our back ups could start on a lot of defenses in the NFL. You better hope our OL isn't fixed because we
will score 25-30 points a game. Scoring this much; and having Peterson and Mckinnon run the ball down your throats is going to
rest our defense which could move them to only allowing 12 points a game. We have a good coaching staff, We have great players.
We have a new stadium. Green Bay has the past and not much more.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:The Packers dont have a bad Defense, do you mind backing that up with anything? The D was the only reason they made the playoffs, the O was a let down all year long with our WRs and O line so banged up.

Packers - 13-3 Rodgers bounces back from "Bad" year and goes all MVP on that NFL ####. :) Packers D continues its ascension and the secondary proves to be the best in the league with three premier CBs in Sheilds, Randall, and Rollins, slimmed down Lacy gets back to where he was prior to his dissapointing 4.1 ypc season last year. Jeff Janis takes the league by storm. :D Packers still prove to be the model of NFC North consistancy.

Vikings- 10-6 Defense continues to be among the best in the league, but O line doesnt do Bridge any favors, and he fails to significantly improve under the pressure, AP has a good year and the Vikings grind out 10 wins, making the playoffs as the 5th seed.

Bears-5-11 While fielding a decent D, the Bears Offense collapses without Forte, Cutler is a pick machine and is benched for Hoyer late in the season.

Lions-4-12 Same ol Lions but without Calvin.

DISCLAIMER: I didnt put much thought into these and they were just for fun.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if it played out close to this, except I think the bears might be as good as 7-9.

I expect GB to bounce back big time...my only hope here is that there is more at play than the return of Jordy Nelson, and Rodgers continues to struggle, and look very haggard and worn out.

My hope is that this Vikings squad officially dethrones GB by simply being too physical with them at the point, and kicking their #### over and over and over again on every snap. Defensively we may develop the horses to do that. The offensive line has a LOOOOOOONG way to go. Hopefully we see dramatic improvement, but Kalil and Sullivan simply aren't that type of player and I'm not sure either one has a future with the team beyond this year. I'd love to see someone elevate their play enough to beat those two guys out going into the season.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: Okay I will help you out and decrease your ignorance of your team.

You lost last season because your defense does not stop the run well.

Once Jordy Nelson was gone your wide outs were sub standard and cost you games.

Arizona scored what forty points on you.. hint, hint, that's not good defense

You didn't play well in the division and lost every home game against the north.

If the refs wouldn't have blown that face mask call and given you and extra play Detroit would have swept your team.

IMO, in two years you guys will not only lose this division you will come in third.. once the bears fix their defense

Your safety is one of your top tacklers on your team. HAHA Clinton Dix (what happened to the first two layers of tacklers??)hmmm...
ATT YDS AVG LONG 20+ TD YDS/G FUM FUML 1DN
Packers 436 1850 4.2 65 9 8 115.6 8 4 100
Opponents 420 1905 4.5 55 14 13 119.1 8 3 96

your team gave up 4.5 yards per attempt. Your team gave almost 20 yards plus on average almost every game last 14 times.
your team gave up over 1900 yards rushing last season or an average of 119 yards a game last season almost a touchdown
every game (rushing).

I will be honest with you if your team didn't have the refs throwing you a game or two. (Dallas also gets this) You wouldn't have
made the playoffs at all. IMO you only have one saving grace Arron Rodgers.. Without him you be one of the worst teams in the
NFL. The real bad new is our defense is full of pro bowl level talent Barr, Kendricks, Hunter, Floyd, Harrison Smith, Rhodes,
Joseph, and Griffen.Our back ups could start on a lot of defenses in the NFL. You better hope our OL isn't fixed because we
will score 25-30 points a game. Scoring this much; and having Peterson and Mckinnon run the ball down your throats is going to
rest our defense which could move them to only allowing 12 points a game. We have a good coaching staff, We have great players.
We have a new stadium. Green Bay has the past and not much more.
Ok. Now its time for someone who has STATISTICS to back them up turn to speak. :)

Our run game shut down Lynch, Charles and AP, it wasnt responsible for Larry Fitzgerald scoring in OT so idk why you say we lost because of it.

Jordy Nelson was out since preseason and yet we started the year doing well enough (Bad by our standards, good for everyone elses) on Offense, it wasnt until Adams, Montgomery, Cobb and Jones all sustained season lingering injuries (and in the case of the first first two, injuries that kept them our for the majority of the season, and the rest of the season respectively) that they fell off, our laundry list of hurt O linemen didnt help either.

We were getting back on track in the playoffs, I mean hell, our 5th and 6th WRs were pushed into starting roles and absolutely DISMANTLED the 'vaunted' Cards secondary.

Our Defense for the majority of the season was ranked HIGHER then the Vikings, it was only towards the end of the season where teams started getting some rushing yards on us, it was just a product of how good our secondary was/is, nobody wanted to pass, you cant name a single game where rushing D actually cost the Packers a game, because it didnt happen. Nearly every time we needed to get a good performance against a top back from our D, we got it. Who cares what the Cards did in our first meeting? That is as relevant as what the Packers did to the Vikes in TCF, except, far less so.

Actually, in addition to the call being corrected (Contacted the facemask and caused a turn, that is why the NFL has stood by it) a week before the Packers were robbed of the game winning TD when an incorrectly blown whistle caused a touchdown to be nullified, not to mention when the Cards were handed a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter on an undisputably miscalled pick play. I have noticed everytime I bring these things up you have no retort and neglect to comment further?

Bwaha third? Lmfao. Bruh, you have won 1 of the last 7 games, finished a game ahead of the Packers, exited the the playoffs a week earlier, you didnt even have the most succesful season of all the NFC North teams, I think you should temper your bravado a slight bit. I also want to add, you do.. realize how long opposing fans have been saying this crap, right? BTW, you have fun with your stadium, I wouldnt trade ours for any in the world.

As I said the, the Packers Defense is young, ascending, and absolutelly the saving grace of last years Packers (Our O blew it all season), you can say Rodgers is the only reason we competed, but EVERY single statistic seems to imply you are talking out of ignorance and have absolutely nothing to back you up, I absolutely implore you to post otherwise.

Are you kidding? GB has Aaron Rodgers and one heck of a young D, there is no doubt they have to be considered the frontrunner for the North, I mean yea, you guys squeaked out a 1 game lead for the division in a Packers down year, but unless you think the Packers O is going to be in a funk again, I dont really see this being all that different from every other year. Personally, and this is just my opinion, dont take it as smack, but I think there is a reason that the Packers blasted the Vikes into oblivion while the vikings squeaked out nail biter, and I think it is the same reason the Packers made it farther into the playoffs.

All this said, it is just my opinion, and I am was only trying to reply to your above post, so dont take any of this personal, we will see who is closer to the truth this coming season. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Jordysghost on Tue May 03, 2016 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote:

My hope is that this Vikings squad officially dethrones GB by simply being too physical with them at the point, and kicking their #### over and over and over again on every snap. Defensively we may develop the horses to do that.
You think so? Dont take this in a hostile way, but I remain skeptical of that. One of our teams DID exactly that last year in one of our two matchups, and it wasnt the Vikings.

I can see the Vikes competing for the division again, but being that the Packers O was their achilles heel last year I find it hard to believe it was anything more then a down year, Rodgers is going to come back with avangence, this the most talented team we have had in a while.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: You think so? Dont take this in a hostile way, but I remain skeptical of that. One of our teams DID exactly that last year in one of our two matchups, and it wasnt the Vikings.

I can see the Vikes competing for the division again, but being that the Packers O was their achilles heel last year I find it hard to believe it was anything more then a down year, Rodgers is going to come back with avangence, this the most talented team we have had in a while.
I HOPE so. I remain skeptical too...especially on the offensive side of the ball. :)
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I HOPE so. I remain skeptical too...especially on the offensive side of the ball. :)
I have some faith and the more I look at our picks the more I like them. The two Clemson guys
seem pretty good and the seventh round guy quite a few picks in college. Griffin will probably
start the season but Kearse might really push the group. Brothers from Mizzou had over a 120 tackles
in one season. Treadwell is getting praise from a wide variety of HOF wideouts already.

Boone is a mauler and I am hoping Kalil catches some fire based off his play.

RT should be better with either Loadholt or Smith

RG should also improve with Fusco, or whoever wins the spot.

If Treadwell and the green Unicorn both workout in long term ... holy cow that would give us a really improved
team with Diggs and Wright finishing out a core group.

I could see Teddy going above 25 Td's if things play out well...keep in mind teams will have to worry about A.P.
still. If we go in the middle and say 20 TD's for Teddy and 12 or so for the running game 9 Peterson 2 Mckinnon
1 Zach Line and if we say Blair Walsh makes 22 field goals(far less than last, because of more TD's )

so we scored 3 TD's on defense (will say the same, but i think more )

3 on Returns.. will say the same

37 times 7 (TD's) on offense =259
21 points for both defense and special teams 42
22 times 3 (field goals)

367 total points scored 22.93 a game (IMO 400 is realistic still A.K.A 25 plus for Teddy)

I think our defense is even better so we say 15 points a game. last season we gave up 17.8 average or close (240 points season)

That would give us the the playoffs almost without a doubt and the division again. Those figures out to 10 points
on average exactly. Only Carolina and Arizona averaged that last season

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats ... inst/2015/

IMO a Superbowl Window is now wide open if these estimates are close to what happens.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Jordysghost wrote: and I think it is the same reason the Packers made it farther into the playoffs.
Packers made further into the playoffs because they played Washington first. No other reason. The Skins defense was ranked 28th in yards, 17th in points given up, 28th in yard per play.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote:Packers made further into the playoffs because they played Washington first. No other reason. The Skins defense was ranked 28th in yards, 17th in points given up, 28th in yard per play.
Eh debateable, the Skins only lost one more regular season game then the Sqwauks, and regardless, I think the Packers would have handled the Seahawks with ease.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Jordysghost wrote: Eh debateable, the Skins only lost one more regular season game then the Sqwauks, and regardless, I think the Packers would have handled the Seahawks with ease.
Seriously? One game. Let's see, the Skins played 2 games against teams that made the playoffs. They lost both, one by 17 points the other by 28. Seattle play 7 games against teams that made the playoffs winning 3 of them. And you think the teams are equal? Wow.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Seriously? One game. Let's see, the Skins played 2 games against teams that made the playoffs. They lost both, one by 17 points the other by 28. Seattle play 7 games against teams that made the playoffs winning 3 of them. And you think the teams are equal? Wow.
he also think the Packers have a good defense and Eli losing year after year..I.E. last year the Vikings
beat the living daylights out of the giants and our defense caught almost as many balls as there offense
did shouldn't affect Eli's rating ? :shock: :nono: :ripple:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote:
I never said I think they are equal.

I think the Seahawks would have lost to the Packers again though, yea. Especially if it was a home game.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: he also think the Packers have a good defense and Eli losing year after year..I.E. last year the Vikings
beat the living daylights out of the giants and our defense caught almost as many balls as there offense
did shouldn't affect Eli's rating ? :shock: :nono: :ripple:
The Packers do have a good Defense, the stats are the stats regardless of how familiar you are with them. I'd like to see you post some tangible statistics to dispute this but your arent going to.

What? What are you trying to say about Eli? First off, who cares what other years he has had previously, that doesnt change how awseome a year he had last, what does the game against the Vikings matter? ONE GAME DOES NOT WIPE AWAY AN ENTIRE SEASON OF GOOD PLAY. Eli had a 35-14 TD INT ratio, enough said.

By that logic the Vikes D cant be a top 5 unit because of what the Packers did to them in week 10 or whatever.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The Packers do have a good Defense, the stats are the stats regardless of how familiar you are with them. I'd like to see you post some tangible statistics to dispute this but your arent going to.
How about a QB running for 171 yards rushing against them.... Wow they held a player to an all time NFL record
yeah you guys have a great defense :rofl:

BTW don't ever tell me what I am and not going to do.... go to a packers site and live your
delusions of the past, please .. its kinda embarrassing .. if you want to be a Vikings fan we
probably wouldn't let you in, but there is always room on a bandwagon roaming the NFL landscape.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/o ... s-per-game

You guy rank very middle of the road defense (11th)... as last year proves when Rodgers can't
get id done 77 yards against Denver and not much better against Arizona. You guys get
slaughtered by much better teams(without Rodgers). IMO you guys would rank in the bottom ten teams. You
obviously don't know much about your team.. Go away and pout, now