Manziel benched (again)...

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Manziel benched (again)...

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote:Cleveland is like the Bermuda Triangle for QB's but if there's mutual interest then that should be interesting. Still, they've made no effort to fill any holes (and in fact have made more). I just don't get it.
It's Cleveland; they are just one of those franchises that makes you feel great to be a Vikings' fan! :v):

Kind of like the "Yucks" back when they were part of the NFC Central.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Cleveland will have a hard time getting Veterans.. the whole NFL knows what a mess the organization is.

I am guessing they will have over pay to get anyone to play for them.

They will have to pick a QB in the first few picks. I am guessing they will go with Wentz and not
Cal product Geoff with the second pick.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Wasn't there something about Cleveland bringing in "Moneyball" people to try a different approach in the NFL? I still have no idea what they are doing letting so many good players go, but I can only assume its part of whatever philosophy they are trying to implement.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yeah Cleveland did bring in some exec. from the New York mets..I think baseball and NFL might be too apples and oranges.
James
Rookie

Post by James »

I wonder who saw this coming first? lol While Manziel does have the physical ability to be something great, mentally it's just not there. This same antics, were in his college years. At the time Texas A&M had a great supporting cast, especially a really strong WR core. I think any QB could've looked good on that team during those years. Plus his family is rich so he's gonna have money regardless if he's in the NFL or not. I'm not even sure if he even seriously wants to be an NFL QB. He may like the fame and popularity that comes with it but im not sure if he wants to go through the hard grind of being a caliber NFL player.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

This is a very good read. Paints the picture of a very troubled and puzzling young man.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/15/john ... and-browns
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:This is a very good read. Paints the picture of a very troubled and puzzling young man.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/15/john ... and-browns
That was a great read, thanks.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I can't believe I read that whole piece, but it was fascinating.

The last two paragraphs are crushing.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

DK Sweets wrote:I can't believe I read that whole piece, but it was fascinating.

The last two paragraphs are crushing.
They sure are. It is very sad to see this kind of thing happen. Hopefully he can get things under control in his life.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

I just, is it really hard to stop partying? Like for real?

Im lucky my 15-17 cycle didn't end me, I know what its like to be an idiot, but wtf Johnny?

Its too much for me to feel sympathy, this dude has a problem, an idiot problem.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

The difference will ultimately come down to if you view addiction as a personality flaw or a disease, I think.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

DK Sweets wrote:The difference will ultimately come down to if you view addiction as a personality flaw or a disease, I think.
Agreed. I believe it is a disease, and a very difficult one at that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Agreed. I believe it is a disease, and a very difficult one at that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
If one takes a view of fallenness as diseased, there becomes very little space between personality flaw and disease. Its an interesting way of harmonizing those views, and being sympathetic without excusing or enabling.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

well its just keeps coming for Johnny football...

He rented a house in L.A. and destroyed it and drugs were suspected or found in house.

Charged for domestic assault in Texas incident
GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 »

At this juncture I declare it official (if it wasn't already) Johnny Football is a hot mess and needs someone to coach him in life! Forget about football. He is headed for jail time with substance abuse issues and alleged assault.

Would never consider him for an NFL roster ever again. He had plenty of chances to redeem himself and was never even close.