2016 mock drafts

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2016 mock drafts

Post by dead_poet »

Mr @JoshNorris & I teamed up to examine #Vikings Team Needs & create a Mock Draft for all of MIN's picks:
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/6 ... o:nfl:gnav
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Brugler new 7-round mock:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl- ... team-picks

23: Treadwell (with Doctson available)

54: Garnett

86: DT Sheldon Day

121: DB DeAndre Houston-Carson

160: LB Dominique Alexander

...rest at the link
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Eek.
Jaylon Smith - LB - Player
The Philadelphia Daily News' Les Bowen reports Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith's (ACL, LCL) medical recheck revealed he is still dealing with a "drop-foot problem."
Foot drop is the inability to lift the front part of the foot causing the toes to drag along the ground while walking. The issue suggests Smith is still dealing with nerve damage after tearing his ACL and LCL in the Fiesta Bowl. Already not expected to play in 2016, the problem at the very least casts doubt on Smith's ability to make a full recovery. It would be surprising if he came off the board in the first round.
Source: Les Bowen on Twitter Apr 18 - 12:10 PM
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Per Schefter:
After medical rechecks, Notre Dame's Jaylon Smith is not expected to play in 2016 and teams are unsure when he will play again, per sources.
I don't see how you take him in the first two days.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote:Per Schefter:
I don't see how you take him in the first two days.
Only fans would suggest such a thing, I can't imagine a single team taking him beyond the last two rounds.

Nerve damage..
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mid-round OLB to keep an eye on: Washington's Travis Feeney.

Long, athletic, fast.

4.50 40 (2nd amongst OLB)
40" Vert (1st amongst OLB)
130" Broad Jump (2nd amongst OLB)
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Per Albert Breer:
Dug a little -- Per sources, issue for UCLA LB Myles Jack is a chondral defect in his right knee. Problem it'll be for him is up for debate.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Great (depressing) read on injury guys, including Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack: http://shar.es/1eaS4x

Based on this I don't draft Smith before the fifth round and probably not until the sixth or seventh. He may never see the field.

Jack may fall (in fact he may go outside the top-10). Where he lands is one of the night's biggest storylines (for me anyway).

It's almost here!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Jason La Confora's mock: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... haking-out

23: Will Fuller
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote:Jason La Confora's mock: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... haking-out

I was not fond of this mock. For one, If Doctson and Treadwell go before we pick, as he mocks, I hope we go for another position altogether. But what annoyed me most about this mock was the combination of presumption and ignorance.

La Canfora states that he went over his mock with a "highly qualified college scout." As he puts it,
This is someone who has an exceedingly keen eye for talent that I have seen borne out over many years, and someone who isn't trying to steer or sway me. I come up with the skeleton of a mock draft and we go through each pick together and I end up re-shaping it as he recommends, factoring in the needs and strengths of teams and also his read on their tendencies and how their front office tends to operate.
This mysterious and highly competent scout reasons that,
"They need more speed."
???

I guess he thinks because we lost Wallace we need a speedy WR, but that smells to me like someone who simply doesn't know this team very well.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:Jason La Confora's mock: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... haking-out

Kiper had the Vikings taking Fuller is his mock but when he did a back and forth draft with McShay, he changed it to Treadwell.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Texas Vike wrote:
I was not fond of this mock. For one, If Doctson and Treadwell go before we pick, as he mocks, I hope we go for another position altogether. But what annoyed me most about this mock was the combination of presumption and ignorance.

La Canfora states that he went over his mock with a "highly qualified college scout." As he puts it, This mysterious and highly competent scout reasons that, ???

I guess he thinks because we lost Wallace we need a speedy WR, but that smells to me like someone who simply doesn't know this team very well.
Damn, I didn't see this earlier. I posted about this same draft in a topic in the Vikings Section of the board.

I couldn't help but shake my head at that analysis. This team doesn't need speed. They need a playmaker who they can pair with Stefon.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:Ed Bouchette's mock:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1604260045
Doctson not even a 1st round pick.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote: Doctson not even a 1st round pick.

He's a Pittsburgh Gazette "Beat writer" :wink: