Cleveland & Philly deal

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Cleveland & Philly deal

Post by dead_poet »

According to Alex Marvez of Fox Sports, the Eagles and Browns have set the framework for a potential trade involving the No. 2 pick.
Per Marvez, the Eagles would give up first and third round picks in 2016 and 2017. The Eagles are reportedly enamored with North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz and they'll probably have to trade up to No. 2 to get him. Then again, the Eagles have also shown keen interest in Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott, who they might be able to grab at No. 8. If the two sides can't reach an agreement, the Eagles could try trading up to No. 3. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the Chargers are shopping their pick.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Re: Cleveland & Philly deal

Post by S197 »

Man, am I the only one not all that impressed with Goff or Wentz? What the heck is going on.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:Man, am I the only one not all that impressed with Goff or Wentz? What the heck is going on.
You're not the only one. Just goes to show you how desperate teams are if you don't have a quarterback. It's really hard to win without one. New coaching staffs especially want "their own guy." They know they don't have very long to produce and it takes QBs a few seasons to "season."

Heck, this could conceivably happen:

Rams: Goff
Eagles: Wentz
49ers: (trade or sign Bradford)
Broncos (trade or sign Kaepernick)

Domino effect.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

S197 wrote:Man, am I the only one not all that impressed with Goff or Wentz? What the heck is going on.
Teams will do anything for 'The man'.

Personally though, I like Goff alot, alotta crap gets thrown around in regards to what is desirable for a franchise QB, but Jared Goff can pass like friken Champion, and what else would one want from their starting QB?
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

This puts the Browns in a fortuitous position.

If the rumors (Which I happen to believe in this regard) are true, and they want Jared Goff they can pick him in the 2nd overall pick, or if he is not there they can just trade back with the Eagles.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Confirmed.

Browns acquired the Nos. 8, 77, and 100 overall picks in the 2016 draft, a 2017 first-round pick, and a 2018 second-round pick from the Eagles in exchange for the No. 2 overall pick in the 2016 draft and a 2017 fourth-round pick.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

dead_poet wrote:Confirmed.

Browns acquired the Nos. 8, 77, and 100 overall picks in the 2016 draft, a 2017 first-round pick, and a 2018 second-round pick from the Eagles in exchange for the No. 2 overall pick in the 2016 draft and a 2017 fourth-round pick.
Holy smokes!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

that gives the Titans and Brown about 6 decent picks in this years draft, my gosh
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

Too early to call Goff a bust, but it's not too early to speculate that they should have traded down and that they over drafted him. #1 overall and your QB isn't even the active 46 dressing for the opening game. Wow!

I'll say nice call because it appears to be for now.
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

titans have to be thrilled with their trade. they could potentially have two top ten picks with the rams looking like a hot mess