Star Wars: The Force Unleashed *May Contain Spoilers*

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Post by Texas Vike »

I was a huge fan as a kid. The prequels were a huge let down.

Finally saw episode 7 and feel a bit lukewarm. I loved the first 45 minutes. I think many of the new protagonists are great. They young lady who played Rey, in particular, is a terrific actor, IMO. Surprisingly (to me), once the old characters started showing up, it felt a lot less interesting and the narrative lost its way.

I thought the new enemy was pretty solid until he took off his mask. From then on, he was terrible.

There were several chase scenes that were especially well handled IMO. I loved the first flight of the Millennium Falcon.

I left feeling pretty hopeful that the next installment will be very good. The new actors (with the exception of Kylo Ren) are great, IMO, and I like the new characters and want to know more about their narrative arcs. I think the director felt obliged to reconnect with fans that had been disappointed by the prequels, thus the many nostalgic moments and inclusion of old characters. The next one will be more of what I'm looking for.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

it was a little too disney for me...I may or may not see the rest....

nothing wrong with disney but I would have preferred to see some Darth Maul
type bad guys with some cool weapons
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I thought it was pretty good but have to agree with the Kylo Ren sentiment. I thought he came off a little wimpy. I also wasn't a fan of his lightsaber, when I first saw it in the previews I thought it was a nice change but it didn't really work in the movie for me.

I'm going to edit the title to indicate this thread may contain spoilers. I think the movie has been out long enough that people can discuss.
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed *May Contain Spoilers*

Post by jackal »

there are so many concept weapons they could have used a halberd, ninja stars, morning star
Battle axe, throwing knives, bo staff....etc etc

The problem I had with the new lightsaber the guard looks active.. it would
just slice what ever touched it? how is that a quard ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

I guess we won't have to wait too long

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm glad they're bringing back the walkers. I had one as a kid (it was actually my cousin's and he gave it to me when he got older). That thing was pretty big for a toy. I was more into GI Joe but I had a few Star Wars stuff thanks to him.