View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:54 am



Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3488
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Great thread, lots of solid info per usual, DP.

I watched most of the bowl games yesterday. Michigan State made our OL look good. I couldn't believe how ferocious Alabama's DL looked and how ineffective MSU's OL was in giving Cook some time to set up and see the field. Zimmer must be intrigued by some of those Crimson Tide D-linemen, DE Jonathan Allen in particular. I would stay a long ways away from Jake Conklin OL MSU, just based on last night's performance.


Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:17 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Isaac Seumalo - G - Beavers

Oregon State redshirt junior OL Isaac Seumalo is leaning towards declaring for the 2016 NFL Draft, according to Josh Norris.

Seumalo is in his fourth year but technically a redshirt junior after missing the entire 2014 season. Seumalo started 25 times prior to the 2014 season, 23 at center and two at right tackle. he has played plenty of guard this season, and at a high level. Many west coast scouts like what they have seen.
Source: Josh Norris on Twitter

---
Adrian Bellard - G - Bobcats

Texas State senior G/T Adrian Bellard has accepted an invite to the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

Bellard will have a chance to strut his stuff against other invites on January 23. The 6-foot-5, 345-pound senior's strength comes in blocking for the run. He was a four-star recruit out of high school and played in 11 games as a true freshman. This past season, he earned a spot on the Outland Trophy Preseason Watch List. Per NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter over the summer, Bellard has "surprising mobility given his build."
Source: NFLPA Collegiate Bowl

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:22 am
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:00 pm
Posts: 62
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
I remember watching Seumalo quite a bit before the injury and liking him a lot at center. With his versatility, he could be an ideal pick for the Vikings. You bring back Sullivan and Berger, and you have the chance to groom a center slowly. But it would be a plus if that future center had the versatility to provide depth elsewhere while he develops. I'm eager to watch some of his tape from 2015.

The other player I'd like to see more of is Denver Kirkland. I remember him absolutely demolishing at RG for the Razorbacks. I haven't seen him at LT yet.

Seems like there is a bit of a conundrum on the OL for the Vikings this offseason, with Sullivan and Loadholt coming off injury, Harris a FA, and Fusco underperforming. Just my two cents, but I think OL is the one position outside QB that is suffering from the biggest lack of talent in today's NFL. There are so many teams out there with a lack of OL talent. So I just can't see letting go of players who are potentially quality starters. I'd keep them all and draft to replace guys like Sirles, Shepherd, etc. with stronger depth that can develop to replace aging veterans. I don't see this team as needing so much extra cap space that they should be cutting veteran OL this offseason. The option to do so will still be there down the road, and at that point it won't create as much dead money.

The clearest road, in my view, to fixing this unit is to keep Sullivan, Loadholt, Fusco, and Harris and invest a couple picks as well. Minnesota still has the luxury of doing that with so many rookie contracts remaining. As extensions come up in the next season or two, those veteran OL can be released in favor of the guys who had a chance to develop behind them.


Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:42 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Banquo wrote:
The other player I'd like to see more of is Denver Kirkland. I remember him absolutely demolishing at RG for the Razorbacks. I haven't seen him at LT yet.


Kirkland is an interesting prospect. I've seen scouts have a first to fourth-round grade on him. I know he did a heck of a job at RG last year (only allowed one sack I believe). He's one of the biggest dudes out there at 6'5/343. Even though he played LT this year I think he's probably better suited to guard. I think Kiper has him as his top rated guard (or did at one point), even over the more lauded Cody Whitehair.

Quote:
Seems like there is a bit of a conundrum on the OL for the Vikings this offseason, with Sullivan and Loadholt coming off injury, Harris a FA, and Fusco underperforming.


It's a HUGE conundrum. Don't forget that Kalil's contract will also be tough as he's scheduled to make $11 million on the last year of his rookie contract. I can't imagine Rick will let him play it out at that price. A short-term contract extension seems to make the most sense for both sides but while he's done better this year (probably right around average if not a bit below for a starting NFL left tackle) I think long-term they need to look for an upgrade there. I don't trust his knees or his overall talent for the long-haul. But you're right that Sullivan and Loadholt's injuries make them question marks (though as I've mentioned before Loadholt's injury isn't necessarily a career-ender. It happened early in the year and players have come back from this injury to perform well, the most notable being Philadelphia's Jason Peters).

Quote:
Just my two cents, but I think OL is the one position outside QB that is suffering from the biggest lack of talent in today's NFL. There are so many teams out there with a lack of OL talent.


I agree. Thanks in part to injuries we're currently one of them.

Quote:
The clearest road, in my view, to fixing this unit is to keep Sullivan, Loadholt, Fusco, and Harris and invest a couple picks as well. Minnesota still has the luxury of doing that with so many rookie contracts remaining. As extensions come up in the next season or two, those veteran OL can be released in favor of the guys who had a chance to develop behind them.


That's where I'm at but I'd also like them to look long and hard at a quality free agent to shore up the LG position (Fusco has no business there in 2016). There are a couple names in free agency Rick should look at for immediate upgrade while also grooming young players.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:00 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:00 pm
Posts: 62
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
dead_poet wrote:
Banquo wrote:
The other player I'd like to see more of is Denver Kirkland. I remember him absolutely demolishing at RG for the Razorbacks. I haven't seen him at LT yet.


Kirkland is an interesting prospect. I've seen scouts have a first to fourth-round grade on him. I know he did a heck of a job at RG last year (only allowed one sack I believe). He's one of the biggest dudes out there at 6'5/343. Even though he played LT this year I think he's probably better suited to guard. I think Kiper has him as his top rated guard (or did at one point), even over the more lauded Cody Whitehair.

Quote:
Seems like there is a bit of a conundrum on the OL for the Vikings this offseason, with Sullivan and Loadholt coming off injury, Harris a FA, and Fusco underperforming.


It's a HUGE conundrum. Don't forget that Kalil's contract will also be tough as he's scheduled to make $11 million on the last year of his rookie contract. I can't imagine Rick will let him play it out at that price. A short-term contract extension seems to make the most sense for both sides but while he's done better this year (probably right around average if not a bit below for a starting NFL left tackle) I think long-term they need to look for an upgrade there. I don't trust his knees or his overall talent for the long-haul. But you're right that Sullivan and Loadholt's injuries make them question marks (though as I've mentioned before Loadholt's injury isn't necessarily a career-ender. It happened early in the year and players have come back from this injury to perform well, the most notable being Philadelphia's Jason Peters).

Quote:
Just my two cents, but I think OL is the one position outside QB that is suffering from the biggest lack of talent in today's NFL. There are so many teams out there with a lack of OL talent.


I agree. Thanks in part to injuries we're currently one of them.

Quote:
The clearest road, in my view, to fixing this unit is to keep Sullivan, Loadholt, Fusco, and Harris and invest a couple picks as well. Minnesota still has the luxury of doing that with so many rookie contracts remaining. As extensions come up in the next season or two, those veteran OL can be released in favor of the guys who had a chance to develop behind them.


That's where I'm at but I'd also like them to look long and hard at a quality free agent to shore up the LG position (Fusco has no business there in 2016). There are a couple names in free agency Rick should look at for immediate upgrade while also grooming young players.


Kalil, in my opinion, is the toughest call. As crazy as the salary is, I might be inclined to just pay him for the right to keep him for one more season of assessment without a long term commitment. It's an obscene cap number, but I'd rather they pay out for one year to know more precisely what they have and what that's worth as opposed to locking up a bad player to long term money OR cutting a player who ends up being really valuable.


Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:11 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Evaluation by Greg Gabriel: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/bre ... alexander/

Quote:
Vadal Alexander – OL – LSU

Vadal is a fourth year senior and a four year starter. Played right tackle as a freshman and a senior while he started at left guard as a sophomore and a junior.

Size –

6060 – 330 – 5.30 (all estimates)

Strong Points –

Four year starter with position versatility. Massive man with strength. Productive as a run blocker and pass blocker. Can get movement with run blocks. Good feet and balance.

Weak Points –

Just an average athlete, can be inconsistent getting to blocks on the second level. Doesn’t have the range required to be a top tackle. More strong than explosive, don’t see much snap through his hips.

Summation –

A productive four year starter at two different positions. Big and massive with strength. Might need to lose 10 pounds to be more effective in space and become more explosive. He is well coached and plays hard. Probably won’t start as a rookie but will dress on Sunday because of his position versatility. I see him becoming a starter by year two. His best position is most likely guard because of his athletic limitations.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:51 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Graham Glasgow - G - Wolverines

NFL Media draft analyst Mike Mayock says Michigan C Graham Glasgow "looks like an NFL starter."

Glasgow was one of the Day 1 stars on the practice fields of the East-West Shrine Game in St. Petersburg, Florida. "He was the guy who really stood out to me," Mayock said. "It's a strong year for centers, but he looks like an NFL starter. Very strong. He could compete at the Senior Bowl." NFL Media postulates that Glasgow "could move up to mid-round status as the draft process continues." He has a big fan in Wolverine coach Jim Harbaugh. "Graham Glasgow, what an amazing player," Harbaugh gushed. "He could be a first-round pick, the way he played, the way he's played all year."

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:39 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Austin Blythe - C - Hawkeyes

ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Iowa C Austin Blythe is a sleeper.

Kiper ranks Blythe as the No. 6 center in the class. "He was just so consistently good," Kiper wrote. "The coaches there rave about him." Blythe was consistently one of Pro Football Focus' top-graded run-blocking offensive linemen this past season. And you know the NFL loves them some Iowa offensive linemen.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:18 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Cody Whitehair - G - Wildcats

A film review of Kansas State OT Cody Whitehair left Rotoworld's Josh Norris disappointed.

"My expectations came back to bite me, as he did not live up to them," Norris wrote. "Obviously Whitehair is not Zack Martin or Brandon Scherff, but he has powerful hands and a wide base to control his opponent when in proper position." All that said, Norris ranks Whitehair as the No. 19 overall draft prospect. The 6-foot-4, 309-pounder was named to the Big 12 first-team in 2015.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:45 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:07 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
The Breeze wrote:
Is it just me, or are there a lot of quality OL guys in this draft?

Sounds like we should take full advantage this year considering the glut at positions of need.
I have to say that the LB issue was finally addressed at least enough to keep me quiet for a minute so now the next glaring need is the O-line. I am sure that it will be upgraded this draft.

_________________
Image
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter


Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:38 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Jason Spriggs - T - Hoosiers

Indiana T Jason Spriggs ranked No. 20 in PFF's run-block grades and No. 5 in its pass-block grades last year.

Spriggs allowed only 13 pressures. "His athleticism was on full display in Tuesday’s practice, particularly with his footwork," the PFF gang wrote from the Senior Bowl. "He consistently was able to mirror pass-rushers, even when they came at him with counter moves. Because he is better as a pass-protector than as a mauling run-blocker, he’s likely a better fit in a zone-heavy scheme than a power scheme. But he could be really highly valued by NFL teams that put a premium on athleticism on the offensive line. We wouldn’t be surprised if he emerges as a rising prospect in the coming weeks and months." Last month, CBS Sports draft analyst Rob Rang indicated that scouts were "excited about his upside." Rang believes Spriggs can stick at left tackle, too, given his "size and athleticism."
Source: Pro Football Focus

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:08 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Jason Spriggs - T - Hoosiers
'
NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah noted that while Indiana T Jason Spriggs failed to show consistency on film, "he put together a steady, dependable week of [Senior Bowl] practice."

Jeremiah termed Spriggs' practice week as "outstanding," as the 6-foot-7, 307-pounder "displayed quick feet, balance and knee bend." The draft analyst went on to write that he believes Spriggs will be off the draft board by the end of the second round and could even earn talk as a potential first round selection. The now-former Hoosier is an athletic pass-blocking savant, allowing just 13 pressures during the 2015 campaign.
Source: NFL.com

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:44 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
CbusVikesFan wrote:
The Breeze wrote:
Is it just me, or are there a lot of quality OL guys in this draft?

Sounds like we should take full advantage this year considering the glut at positions of need.
I have to say that the LB issue was finally addressed at least enough to keep me quiet for a minute so now the next glaring need is the O-line.


:lol:

Quote:
I am sure that it will be upgraded this draft.


Let's hope so! Otherwise, I have a feeling neither one of us will be too quiet about it.


Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:15 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:07 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Mothman wrote:
CbusVikesFan wrote:
The Breeze wrote:
Is it just me, or are there a lot of quality OL guys in this draft?

Sounds like we should take full advantage this year considering the glut at positions of need.
I have to say that the LB issue was finally addressed at least enough to keep me quiet for a minute so now the next glaring need is the O-line.


:lol:

Quote:
I am sure that it will be upgraded this draft.


Let's hope so! Otherwise, I have a feeling neither one of us will be too quiet about it.

:lol: :thumbsup:
I am sure that we won't the only ones if the draft falls short of expectations. The OL has generated the most animosity this year even though it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I am hoping that the draft falls just right to the Vikings and will be immediately better after the draft.

_________________
Image
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter


Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:42 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Cody Whitehair - G - Wildcats

NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein equated Kansas State OT Cody Whitehair to Zack Martin.
This is a ubiquitous comparison that has been made by a host of analysts from CBS Sports' Dane Brugler to Zierlein's colleague Mike Mayock (for the record, Rotoworld's Josh Norris disagrees with it). "Like Martin before him, Whitehair played tackle in college but projects as a guard in the pros," Zierlein wrote. "Like the two-time Pro Bowl selection Martin, Whitehair has really good body control and strength and both come into the league with high floors." Zierlein, a respected evaluator of offensive linemen, pegs Whitehair as the No. 16 player in the class.
Source: NFL.com Feb 15 - 8:43 PM

---

Rees Odhiambo - T - Broncos

Boise State T Rees Odhiambo's "draft grade will hinge on medical exams," writes TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline.

Odhiambo has struggled with health throughout his career, suffering from linger lower leg issues as an underclassman before a broken ankle eight games into last season ended his campaign early. "Odhiambo has been stamped with a second-round grade by a number of teams based off his game film," Pauline wrote. "Several scouts believe the 6-4 lineman can turn into an All-Pro at guard, assuming he stays healthy. I’m told there’s a chance Odhiambo participates in offensive line drills at the Combine after medical exams. Pro Day for Boise State is scheduled for March 31, and hopes are high he completes a full workout for teams at that time."

---

Joe Thuney - G - Wolfpack

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that "many" NFL scouts believe NC State OL Joe Thuney "will exit the Combine with improved draft grades."

"Lining up at left tackle for North Carolina State last season, Thuney is expected to test as one of the better blockers in attendance and I’m told teams will be impressed with his interviews," Pauline wrote. "He’s known as a thinking man’s blocker and can play any of the three interior offensive line positions, which further enhances his draft stock." Rotoworld's Josh Norris is a fan of Thuney's, calling him one of the very best prospects he scouted at the East-West Shrine Game. "An offensive lineman who can play five different positions, perhaps three well, has value on an NFL team," Norris wrote. "Thuney’s best spot is likely along the interior."

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:24 pm
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 311
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
only 17 reps of 225 for whitehair yesterday. for an interior lineman with short arms that's a horrible performance. for comparison's sake waynes put up 19 reps last year.


Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:54 am
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:10 am
Posts: 272
Location: Olathe, KS
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Landon Turner might be a fit in our system.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824165/landon-turner

Quote:
STRENGTHS: An imposing blocker with a thick lower body and core strength that allows him to latch-and-drive defenders with his hands. Has a wide base and anchors well, squaring to his target and dominating in a phone booth. Keeps his elbows in to quickly recoil and time up his punch. Able to crowd gaps and slow down multiple rushers; covers a large surface area with his wingspan. Has a nasty streak to him and finishes through the whistle. Uses consistent knee bend to generate point of attack burst from his lower body to be a physical people mover in the run game, showing patience and discipline. Snaps his hips at contact and will bowl over bodies in his way.
WEAKNESSES: Not a rangy player and his lack of hip flexibility shows in space. He can be too patient at times, which causes him to be late with his hands, relying on his big-bodied frame to do much of the work. Allows his upper body to get overextended, falling off balance and ending up on the ground. Heavy-footed and struggles to pull or climb to the second level and cut off linebackers. Lacks the necessary springs in his legs to generate power from his legs. Not a rangy blocker and the less space he has to work with, the better.

IN OUR VIEW: With some similarities to Duke's Laken Tomlinson a year ago, Turner is a physical masher in the run game, using his road-grading style to press defenders from his frame and generate movement. He has his athletic limitations, which will drop him down some draft boards, but he has starting potential for a run heavy scheme.

--Dane Brugler (2/4/16)


Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:17 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Ryan Kelly - C - Crimson Tide

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah says Alabama C Ryan Kelly is "going to be a Pro Bowl player with even All-Pro potential."

Jeremiah has been banging the drum loudly for Kelly for some time now. Very rarely do we hear other analysts touch on this prospect unless it's Jeremiah predicting he'll be special. Last month, in fact, Jeremiah said Kelly was one of the best interior offensive linemen to come out in the last five years. Kelly, a three-year SEC starter, declined a Senior Bowl invite, one reason he's been a forgotten man early in the process.
Source: NFL.com

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:28 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:07 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
dead_poet wrote:
Ryan Kelly - C - Crimson Tide

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah says Alabama C Ryan Kelly is "going to be a Pro Bowl player with even All-Pro potential."

Jeremiah has been banging the drum loudly for Kelly for some time now. Very rarely do we hear other analysts touch on this prospect unless it's Jeremiah predicting he'll be special. Last month, in fact, Jeremiah said Kelly was one of the best interior offensive linemen to come out in the last five years. Kelly, a three-year SEC starter, declined a Senior Bowl invite, one reason he's been a forgotten man early in the process.
Source: NFL.com

It seems to be somewhat of a boon at center this year. It would be good if we could snag a guy like Kelly. Grab a guard and a center and a safety or another LB and this team would be leaps and bounds better. Add a QB in there somewhere to add depth. Book it.

_________________
Image
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter


Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:18 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Why arm length may be overrated:

https://lbolineperformance.com/do-long- ... ly-matter/

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:36 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
And here's an evaluation saying it matters, to an extent.

Scouting report: Ronnie Stanley no. 1 overall?

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/3/28/11184 ... emy-tunsil

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:49 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Great interview with Taylor Decker: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2628 ... art-mid-16

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:12 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Quote:
I'm told #BoiseState OT Rees Odhiambo had a private workout with the #Saints recently. Also has visits lined up with the #Vikings and #Bucs.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:01 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Quote:
Add San Diego St. OL Darrell Greene to the list of draft prospects visiting the #Vikings today/tomorrow, I'm told. Had a good Combine.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:51 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23721
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Germain Ifedi/OL/Texas A&M visiting the Minnesota Vikings tomorrow

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:35 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3488
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
So much good info in this thread and fantastic analysis (tons by DP, where've you been?) and yet it was all for naught and here we sit, our season fading away because of a woeful OL. As DP points out OL talent takes time to develop, so the most worrisome thing is that we have such a dearth of talent that we're developing. We aren't going to be able to fix our problems in one season and we are dreadfully behind in developing a decent OL.

:cry: Maybe I should go into hiding too.


Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:38 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am
Posts: 567
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
OL drafted since 2011
Demaucus Love
Fusco
Kalil
Jeff Baca
Travis Bond
David Yankey
Clemmings
Tyrus Thompson
Austin Shepherd
Beavers


Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:50 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17814
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
Nunin wrote:
OL drafted since 2011
Demaucus Love
Fusco
Kalil
Jeff Baca
Travis Bond
David Yankey
Clemmings
Tyrus Thompson
Austin Shepherd
Beavers


What happened to Shepherd? Didn't we re-sign him?

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am
Posts: 567
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Nunin wrote:
OL drafted since 2011
Demaucus Love
Fusco
Kalil
Jeff Baca
Travis Bond
David Yankey
Clemmings
Tyrus Thompson
Austin Shepherd
Beavers


What happened to Shepherd? Didn't we re-sign him?

I really doan know. You could probably ask that about everyone of these guys though. It's been an amazing streak of injury and.... inepititude?


Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:15 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3488
Post Re: 2016 draft: offensive linemen to watch
That's a sad list right there. Studwell needs to think about hiring a better OL scout or three.


Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:24 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.