2016 mock drafts

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2016 mock drafts

Post by dead_poet »

4-round mock:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... 22123384=1

Vikes

R1: Doctson
R2: Darian Thompson
R3: Joshua Perry
R4: Christian Westerman
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Darron Lee - LB - Buckeyes

Ohio State LB Darron Lee is "more of a finesse guy than anything," an NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

"Has to be covered up," he said. "He goes out and plays on the slot a lot. First-round talent." Lee can play in the slot -- no easy task for any linebacker -- because he runs a ridiculous 4.43 second 40-yard dash, a mark that was faster than all but six wide receivers. "Run, see, hit type guy," another scout said. "Little bit like Myles Jack. Very athletic. Little undersized. 4-3 'will' or 3-4 inside backer. Immediate nickel backer."
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Mar 10 - 10:44 PM
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

7-Round Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft

http://coldomaha.com/2016/vikings/7-rou ... ock-draft/

R1: DT Andrew Billings
R2: S Karl Joseph
R3: WR Rashad Higgins
R4: OLB Deion Jones
R5: RB Kenyan Drake
R6: OT Joe Haeg
R7: FB/TE Glenn Gronkowski
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

dead_poet wrote:Darron Lee - LB - Buckeyes

Ohio State LB Darron Lee is "more of a finesse guy than anything," an NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

"Has to be covered up," he said. "He goes out and plays on the slot a lot. First-round talent." Lee can play in the slot -- no easy task for any linebacker -- because he runs a ridiculous 4.43 second 40-yard dash, a mark that was faster than all but six wide receivers. "Run, see, hit type guy," another scout said. "Little bit like Myles Jack. Very athletic. Little undersized. 4-3 'will' or 3-4 inside backer. Immediate nickel backer."
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Mar 10 - 10:44 PM
I really really want us to get him, however I seriously doubt he will fall to us.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

He not a real safety or LB. IM a bit tired of that type of guy. He honestly is fast enough to just concentrate on safety imo.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:7-Round Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft

http://coldomaha.com/2016/vikings/7-rou ... ock-draft/

R1: DT Andrew Billings
R2: S Karl Joseph
R3: WR Rashad Higgins
R4: OLB Deion Jones
R5: RB Kenyan Drake
R6: OT Joe Haeg
R7: FB/TE Glenn Gronkowski
Didn't realize Gronk had a brother in the draft. Somehow I think that connection alone will make his draft stock rise. Someone will take a flier on "baby Gronk" before the 7th I bet.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

John Ledyard mock 5.0: http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/0 ... y-edition/
23. Minnesota Vikings: WR Michael Thomas, Ohio State

Overview: I’m not as sold on Josh Doctson’s fit in Minnesota like everyone else seems to be. A vertical, deep ball receiver doesn’t seem to mesh with Teddy Bridgewater and the Vikings offense, and although Doctson is certainly capable of adapting his style at the next level, I think Thomas is the more nuanced, NFL-ready of the two pass catchers. He’ll give Bridgewater quick throwing windows with his advanced separation tactics, while adding a little juice after the catch.
dead_poet
Commissioner

2016 mock drafts

Post by dead_poet »

03/29:
27/30 mainstream draft writers have #Vikings going WR:
Doctson 10
Treadwell 5
Thomas 4
Fuller 4
Coleman 3
Boyd 1
Other: Rankins/Decker/Floyd
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

LB @ReggieRagland: More upcoming visits I have include the #Ravens, #Jaguars, #Vikings, #Rams, and the #Bills.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@darronlee:
Ahh yes Minneapolis again...I will be sure to purify myself in Lake Minnetonka this time
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Luke Inman's 7-Round Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft 5.0 (poet approved):

http://coldomaha.com/2016/vikings/7-rou ... draft-5-0/

1: WR Josh Doctson
2: C Ryan Kelly
3. FS Jalen Mills
4. OLB Deion Jones
5. RB Jonathan Williams
6. OT Joe Haeg
7. FB/TE Glenn Gronkowski
7. DT/DE Anthony Zettel
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:Luke Inman's 7-Round Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft 5.0 (poet approved):

http://coldomaha.com/2016/vikings/7-rou ... draft-5-0/

1: WR Josh Doctson
2: C Ryan Kelly
3. FS Jalen Mills
4. OLB Deion Jones
5. RB Jonathan Williams
6. OT Joe Haeg
7. FB/TE Glenn Gronkowski
7. DT/DE Anthony Zettel
I like the mock as well, although I don't think Doctson or Kelly will be available at those respective draft selections. Hope I'm wrong!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I was on board until they threw in the camel. Are they crazy?!?! You can't give up the camel, talk about mortgaging your future away! I didn't think the Walker trade could be beaten but you did it Rick, you did it...
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote:I was on board until they threw in the camel. Are they crazy?!?! You can't give up the camel, talk about mortgaging your future away! I didn't think the Walker trade could be beaten but you did it Rick, you did it...

Yeah, I didn't think Wobby had that much pull. Maybe his daughter is just THAT charming?