It's time for the NFL to find their humanity

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

It's time for the NFL to find their humanity

Post by dead_poet »

Via Tom Curran. Great piece I thought.

bit.ly/1UrcHCt
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: It's time for the NFL to find their humanity

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:Via Tom Curran. Great piece I thought.

bit.ly/1UrcHCt
Meh. We all know and have always known football was violent, concussions are bad for you etc. Nothin has really changed except the money grubbing lawyers are involved now, along with their journalistic allies eager for a sensational story. Football is either worth playing or its not. It will probably be outlawed or made prohibitively expensive due to litigation, first at the HS level, then the college level and eventually at the professional level. Why can't people just decide for themselves? All the hand wringing is pathetic and emasculating to the next generation.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: It's time for the NFL to find their humanity

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: Meh. We all know and have always known football was violent, concussions are bad for you etc. Nothin has really changed except the money grubbing lawyers are involved now, along with their journalistic allies eager for a sensational story. Football is either worth playing or its not. It will probably be outlawed or made prohibitively expensive due to litigation, first at the HS level, then the college level and eventually at the professional level. Why can't people just decide for themselves? All the hand wringing is pathetic and emasculating to the next generation.
Its reasons like this that has forced the NFL to attempt change the culture of the game.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011