View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Notable 2016 Offseason Moves 
Packers Suck

Post Re: Notable 2016 Offseason Moves
fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

The correlation between what? Consistent success and the Packers, or Consistent success and joylessness?

Consistent success and joy.

Well ####, id imagine it tends to be more joyful then consistent failure.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:21 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

The correlation between what? Consistent success and the Packers, or Consistent success and joylessness?

Consistent success and joy.

Well ####, id imagine it tends to be more joyful then consistent failure.

To some degree. Like I said, I'm just not sure how strong the correlation is. I'm sure there are millions of successful and unhappy people, and millions of "unsuccessful" and very happy people. I'm not against generalizations, I'm just not sure how true that notion is as a generalization.

Long story short, I think being a Packer is in fact probably pretty miserable. :wink:

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:30 am
Commissioner

Quote:
Cards-Pats blockbuster from @diannaESPN and me: Cards trade G Jonathan Cooper + 2nd-rd pick to NE for DE Chandler Jones, per sources.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:16 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
Broncos have informed RB CJ Anderson they are matching Miami's offer sheet, per source. He stays in Denver.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:26 pm
Fenrir

dead_poet wrote:
Quote:
Cards-Pats blockbuster from @diannaESPN and me: Cards trade G Jonathan Cooper + 2nd-rd pick to NE for DE Chandler Jones, per sources.

Wow. Cards D is now even scarier.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm
Career Elite Player

Woah! Chandler Jones is a beast.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:09 am
Packers Suck

Dumb, aggressive short term thinking by the Cardinals.

Patriots are laughing their #### off.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:11 am
Commissioner

Bears trade TE Bennett to Patriots

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:36 pm
Commissioner

Saints agreed to terms with LB James Laurinaitis

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:00 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Cards are serious about getting a ring. They have upgraded both sides of the ball.
Probably figure Palmer doesn't have to many years left.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:08 pm
Fenrir

halfgiz wrote:
Cards are serious about getting a ring. They have upgraded both sides of the ball.

And Fitz.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:13 pm
Packers Suck

halfgiz wrote:

Banking your future on maintaining a window for Carson Palmer is a silly move imo.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:25 am
Commissioner

Something to keep an eye on. I doubt we'd sign him if available (too pricy, especially with Kalil) but I certainly wouldn't mind me some Clady.

Ryan Clady - T - Broncos

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports the Broncos and LT Ryan Clady "are currently at impasse regarding his contract for 2016."
The Broncos want Clady to take a pay cut on his $9.5 million base salary. Clady, understandably, is not that interested in taking less money, but his opinion could be swayed by the visit of free agent LT Russell Okung to Denver this week. The Broncos can save $8.9 million against the cap by releasing Clady.

Source: Pro Football Talk Mar 17 - 9:24 AM

Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:47 am
Commissioner

Post Notable 2016 Offseason Moves
Okung to Denver. Clady likely traded or cut

Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:13 pm
Fenrir

Dammit, this is why we shouldn't have paid Kalil. 20/20

Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:22 pm
Commissioner

Interesting contract structure.

Quote:
#Jaguars signed LT Kelvin Beachum to a 1-yr, $4.5M deal… with a 4-year option worth $40M, source said. Creative with Beachum off an ACL

Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:52 pm
Commissioner

Via Kevin Seifert...

Quote:
VP of officiating Dean Blandino used video examples to explain the NFL's stance on the catch rule to reporters. Blandino repeated the new three-step mantra: A legal catch requires possession, two feet down and a subjective degree of time with possession. His presentation made sense, but most observers seem to have made up their minds on the rule. Even Blandino admitted that sometimes there will be plays that look like catches but aren't called that way.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Commissioner

At owners meeting

Quote:
A portion of Super Bowl Committee time was spent trying to improve the Pro Bowl. Among the options were increasing incentives for players.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:28 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
At owners meeting

Quote:
A portion of Super Bowl Committee time was spent trying to improve the Pro Bowl. Among the options were increasing incentives for players.

It would really be more fun if they just turned it into American Gladioters or American Ninja Warrior with the best NFL players. Crown the best all around athlete at each position group each year, and don't waste time on a football game played at half speed.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:38 pm
Site Admin

They're going to have to pay players significantly more, especially the stars, if they expect them to play harder. At the least they should give them as much as they'd make on a game check with a floor so low paid but high performing players still get a good chunk. Then the winners will need some kind of bonuses.

If they don't want to drop that kind of money (or at least near it) they need to completely change it up. I personally think the amount of viewers that kind of game would garner with players actually trying would make up for what they'd pay the players but I'm sure the NFL has already done that cost benefit analysis and they haven't changed, so ...

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:06 am
Commissioner

Cliff wrote:
They're going to have to pay players significantly more, especially the stars, if they expect them to play harder. At the least they should give them as much as they'd make on a game check with a floor so low paid but high performing players still get a good chunk. Then the winners will need some kind of bonuses.

If they don't want to drop that kind of money (or at least near it) they need to completely change it up. I personally think the amount of viewers that kind of game would garner with players actually trying would make up for what they'd pay the players but I'm sure the NFL has already done that cost benefit analysis and they haven't changed, so ...

Exactly. Paying more for attending won't do anything for the quality of the game itself. The only way I can see that maybe happening is if they offer significant injury insurance which, of course, they never will.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:40 am
Commissioner

This makes me disappointed. I want to see the numbers that prove the kickoff is one of the most dangerous plays. If that's true, why isn't that data available? If it "ebbs and flows" can you really make said conclusion? What is your "control" group? Do you also study other plays? If the data supports the conclusion (by a statistically significant margin than OK, but I have my doubts).

One day soon it won't make sense to return a kickoff

http://es.pn/1Rg3icK

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:00 am
Commissioner

rule changes:

Quote:
As expected, key Comp Committee moves passed - permanent move for PAT distance, eliminate chop block, direct comm b/n coaching box-players

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:35 am
Commissioner

Quote:
For #Vikings offense, new rule means OC Norv Turner could talk directly to Teddy instead of going through QB coach Scott Turner.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:38 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
NFL owners approval automatic ejection and new touchback rules. Touchbacks in NFL now will be brought out to 25-yard line.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:27 am
Commissioner

Not only are Rams doing this summer's Hard Knocks, they also are expected to play a regular-season game in 2018 in China.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:30 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
Quote:
NFL owners approval automatic ejection and new touchback rules. Touchbacks in NFL now will be brought out to 25-yard line.

further devalues kick returners. a 35 yard return from 10 yards deep is now the equivalent of a touchback. Kind of a bummer. They are trying to move it to a point where the kickoff is just eliminated.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:34 am
Commissioner

Quote:
Lesson from today: NFL coaches coach. Owners own, and make the rules, and pay the salaries, and decide all of the things.

...Kevin Seifert

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:47 am
Commissioner

fiestavike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Quote:

further devalues kick returners. a 35 yard return from 10 yards deep is now the equivalent of a touchback. Kind of a bummer. They are trying to move it to a point where the kickoff is just eliminated.

Yeah, I'm not happy with this change.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:48 am
Commissioner

Quote:
Text from one ST coach on touchback rule: "There'll def be more high, short kicks and squib kicks." Expects more creativity to pin teams.

Quote:
And to build on that, potential unintentional consequence ... More high, short kicks would likely mean more kills shots on returners.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next