2016 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2016 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: No, it's not and it will be interesting to see what, if anything the Vikes do at receiver from here. Will they add a receiver between now and the draft (or in the draft)? Will they go with the 5 they have under contract and try to expand Patterson's role? Maybe they'll do all of the above and try to create more competition this summer?
Well I am upset, but I think Baltimore is a better fit for Wallace.
With that said, we are really thin at legitimate WRs now. Which WRs are still available?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Wonder if Wallace can beat his stats he had for the Dolphins. Glad the virus is gone.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Well I am upset, but I think Baltimore is a better fit for Wallace.
With that said, we are really thin at legitimate WRs now. Which WRs are still available?
Rueben Randle might be the top free agent WR remaining on the market:

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2016WR.php

Harvin's available. :twisted:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Can you imagine if PH threw a weight at Zimmer? :lol:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

And I always though Ruben was pretty good. Made a few TD. But I still think the Vikes are in ok shape. Can always use Pruitt and Kyle as receivers too. Glad Rhett and Line are back.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:And I always though Ruben was pretty good. Made a few TD. But I still think the Vikes are in ok shape. Can always use Pruitt and Kyle as receivers too. Glad Rhett and Line are back.
They need to get Patterson up to speed.

However, it's probably more likely that they'll draft a WR (Doctson?) and we'll see Diggs the rookie and Wright starting or Diggs, Johnson and Wright starting until the rookie is ready.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Mothman wrote: They need to get Patterson up to speed.

However, it's probably more likely that they'll draft a WR (Doctson?) and we'll see Diggs the rookie and Wright starting or Diggs, Johnson and Wright starting until the rookie is ready.
Thats what I see happening too. Was hoping to avoid a 1st round WR pick.

I want to see Patterson get some time, with a new WR, CP is gone im afraid. Even with Ruben CP might be gone. Wouldnt that be something if Teddy and CP hit it off this season though?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Thats what I see happening too. Was hoping to avoid a 1st round WR pick.

I want to see Patterson get some time, with a new WR, CP is gone im afraid. Even with Ruben CP might be gone. Wouldnt that be something if Teddy and CP hit it off this season though?
I'd love to see it happen!
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Wonder if Wallace can beat his stats he had for the Dolphins. Glad the virus is gone.
I'll laugh like hell if we get someone like Doctson in the draft and he ends up with more long balls and yardage than Wallace. :tongue:
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

He's just mad cause diggs is better. Beat feet wallace
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Thats what I see happening too. Was hoping to avoid a 1st round WR pick.

I still have some hope of that. It would be extremely exciting to see that development.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Re: 2016 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Forum)

Post by S197 »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Spielman trading for Kyle Fuller, and then Norv taking a prized defensive prospect in Kyle Fuller away from Zimmer and making him a wide receiver?!

:oops:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Not a very classy move by Wallace but then he isn't the most classy guy. He may have a point but just move on and keep your yapper shut.

Anyway, I really think CP is done, at least in Minnesota. By the end of the year he was at the very bottom of the depth chart. Maybe he'll get a few gadget plays but it feels like he's in Norv's permanent doghouse. If they can get CJ's production up to how it was in the prior year and Diggs to continue his ascendance, that's probably the most immediate way they get more out of the WR corp. I think Pruitt really needs to step up this year as well to take some of the burden.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

S197 wrote:Not a very classy move by Wallace but then he isn't the most classy guy. He may have a point but just move on and keep your yapper shut.

Anyway, I really think CP is done, at least in Minnesota. By the end of the year he was at the very bottom of the depth chart. Maybe he'll get a few gadget plays but it feels like he's in Norv's permanent doghouse. If they can get CJ's production up to how it was in the prior year and Diggs to continue his ascendance, that's probably the most immediate way they get more out of the WR corp. I think Pruitt really needs to step up this year as well to take some of the burden.
Agreed and was going to post something similar.

I think the Ravens and Flacco are a MUCH better fit for Wallace. But let your play next year speak for itself and shut the hell up, dude. Show some class, thank the Vikings for your time in Minnesota, and move on. Sheesh.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Agreed and was going to post something similar.

I think the Ravens and Flacco are a MUCH better fit for Wallace. But let your play next year speak for itself and shut the hell up, dude. Show some class, thank the Vikings for your time in Minnesota, and move on. Sheesh.

Usually this kind of crap is borne out of insecurity. His ego must hurt that we let him walk. I'm actually glad he said it. I hope it lights a fire in Teddy.