Derrick Henry

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Derrick Henry

Post by allday1991 »

Ever year I notice one or two players that catch my eye (last year was Todd Gurley) at the combine. I watch very little college football so don't know much about the players except what I see at the combine. I am aware he had won the Heisman this year with a very impressive college season. At the combine I was shocked to see a hb that big with exceptional speed, seems like a total physical freak. Was wondering what the board thinks about him and how he will do in the NFL?
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Derrick Henry

Post by saint33 »

Think Steven Jackson. :thumbsup:
kurtkeoki
Backup

Post by kurtkeoki »

People are a little jaded on 'Bama RBs. It's tough to tell if their success is because of their surrounding cast, or individual greatness. Mark Ingram is starting to look like a solid RB, but it took a few years. Trent richardson was a bust. Eddy Lacy has been very up and down. Normally I don't think there is much merit in projecting a player's success based on how previous players from the same school did, but in 'Bama's case I think there is some merit, since they are SO dominant as a team and OL.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

kurtkeoki wrote:People are a little jaded on 'Bama RBs. It's tough to tell if their success is because of their surrounding cast, or individual greatness. Mark Ingram is starting to look like a solid RB, but it took a few years. Trent richardson was a bust. Eddy Lacy has been very up and down. Normally I don't think there is much merit in projecting a player's success based on how previous players from the same school did, but in 'Bama's case I think there is some merit, since they are SO dominant as a team and OL.
No Lacy hasn't been 'up and down'.

He has been nothing less then a blatant success.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
kurtkeoki
Backup

Post by kurtkeoki »

Jordysghost wrote: No Lacy hasn't been 'up and down'.

He has been nothing less then a blatant success.
As someone that used a high 1st round pick on Lacy in fantasy, I can guarantee he wasn't a 'blatant success' last year. He had a solid rookie year, an excellent second year, and a disappointing 3rd year.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I think Henry has a good chance to be a BUS type of player I would n't mind us grabbing him at 23
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

jackal wrote:I think Henry has a good chance to be a BUS type of player I would n't mind us grabbing him at 23
As much as we are good at hb and have holes else where I don't think I'd be mad at that pick either. I may end up eating crow which is fine with me but I think this kid will be special in the NFL.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

yeah big backs that can move at NFL speed are very unusual, McKinnon and Henry would be a good combo.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

jackal wrote:yeah big backs that can move at NFL speed are very unusual, McKinnon and Henry would be a good combo.
As much as A.p is my boy we do need a sucessor to him at some point (however I believe he can play at a higher level for another 4-5 years) and it would sting for me much less to know it's for another freak talent. Can't argue with Henry and McKinnon being a good combo we would have the best of both worlds.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Does anyone have an opinion or input to how good of a blocker Henry is? With his size you would assume so but doesn't always work like that.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I'd like Hnery if they really go BPA and he was there. But then we would have a big mess with the face of the franchise.

He had really good 'scores' on both blocking and receiving out of the back field. He slightly slower then gurley. Wouldnt surprise me if they were 1 and 2 though in stats all year. But AD isnt going anywhere.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

kurtkeoki wrote: As someone that used a high 1st round pick on Lacy in fantasy, I can guarantee he wasn't a 'blatant success' last year. He had a solid rookie year, an excellent second year, and a disappointing 3rd year.
Your fantasy season is irrelevant, (sigh) Fantasy isn't reality dude, dont confuse the two.

Lacy last year had a 4.1 ypc, no it wasn't even close to his two very good seasons to open up his career, but it was more then servicable and thanks to him and Starks the Packers boasted a higher rated running game then passing game most of the year.

Lacy has been rather consistent his three years into the league, even his worst year was good.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Zek is the guy I'd love but I bet hes gone in the top 10.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Zek is the guy I'd love but I bet hes gone in the top 10.
If Elliot is around when we're on the clock, you hand the card to the fastest man on your staff and sprint to the podium.

As a matter of fact, you bring back Randy Moss as a consultant and hand him the card in case there is any traffic.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:If Elliot is around when we're on the clock, you hand the card to the fastest man on your staff and sprint to the podium.

As a matter of fact, you bring back Randy Moss as a consultant and hand him the card in case there is any traffic.
You think he is the kind of back you spend a 1st on?