View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Derrick Henry 
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post Derrick Henry
Ever year I notice one or two players that catch my eye (last year was Todd Gurley) at the combine. I watch very little college football so don't know much about the players except what I see at the combine. I am aware he had won the Heisman this year with a very impressive college season. At the combine I was shocked to see a hb that big with exceptional speed, seems like a total physical freak. Was wondering what the board thinks about him and how he will do in the NFL?

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:38 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Post Re: Derrick Henry
Think Steven Jackson. :thumbsup:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:54 am
Backup

People are a little jaded on 'Bama RBs. It's tough to tell if their success is because of their surrounding cast, or individual greatness. Mark Ingram is starting to look like a solid RB, but it took a few years. Trent richardson was a bust. Eddy Lacy has been very up and down. Normally I don't think there is much merit in projecting a player's success based on how previous players from the same school did, but in 'Bama's case I think there is some merit, since they are SO dominant as a team and OL.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:25 am
Packers Suck

kurtkeoki wrote:
People are a little jaded on 'Bama RBs. It's tough to tell if their success is because of their surrounding cast, or individual greatness. Mark Ingram is starting to look like a solid RB, but it took a few years. Trent richardson was a bust. Eddy Lacy has been very up and down. Normally I don't think there is much merit in projecting a player's success based on how previous players from the same school did, but in 'Bama's case I think there is some merit, since they are SO dominant as a team and OL.

No Lacy hasn't been 'up and down'.

He has been nothing less then a blatant success.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:30 pm
Backup

Jordysghost wrote:
kurtkeoki wrote:

As someone that used a high 1st round pick on Lacy in fantasy, I can guarantee he wasn't a 'blatant success' last year. He had a solid rookie year, an excellent second year, and a disappointing 3rd year.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:42 pm
Strong Safety

I think Henry has a good chance to be a BUS type of player I would n't mind us grabbing him at 23

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:54 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

jackal wrote:
I think Henry has a good chance to be a BUS type of player I would n't mind us grabbing him at 23

As much as we are good at hb and have holes else where I don't think I'd be mad at that pick either. I may end up eating crow which is fine with me but I think this kid will be special in the NFL.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:24 pm
Strong Safety

yeah big backs that can move at NFL speed are very unusual, McKinnon and Henry would be a good combo.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:44 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

jackal wrote:
yeah big backs that can move at NFL speed are very unusual, McKinnon and Henry would be a good combo.

As much as A.p is my boy we do need a sucessor to him at some point (however I believe he can play at a higher level for another 4-5 years) and it would sting for me much less to know it's for another freak talent. Can't argue with Henry and McKinnon being a good combo we would have the best of both worlds.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:31 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Does anyone have an opinion or input to how good of a blocker Henry is? With his size you would assume so but doesn't always work like that.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:33 am
Hall of Famer

I'd like Hnery if they really go BPA and he was there. But then we would have a big mess with the face of the franchise.

He had really good 'scores' on both blocking and receiving out of the back field. He slightly slower then gurley. Wouldnt surprise me if they were 1 and 2 though in stats all year. But AD isnt going anywhere.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:59 am
Packers Suck

kurtkeoki wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
kurtkeoki wrote:

As someone that used a high 1st round pick on Lacy in fantasy, I can guarantee he wasn't a 'blatant success' last year. He had a solid rookie year, an excellent second year, and a disappointing 3rd year.

Your fantasy season is irrelevant, (sigh) Fantasy isn't reality dude, dont confuse the two.

Lacy last year had a 4.1 ypc, no it wasn't even close to his two very good seasons to open up his career, but it was more then servicable and thanks to him and Starks the Packers boasted a higher rated running game then passing game most of the year.

Lacy has been rather consistent his three years into the league, even his worst year was good.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:15 am
Hall of Famer

Zek is the guy I'd love but I bet hes gone in the top 10.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:32 am
Career Elite Player

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
If Elliot is around when we're on the clock, you hand the card to the fastest man on your staff and sprint to the podium.

As a matter of fact, you bring back Randy Moss as a consultant and hand him the card in case there is any traffic.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:34 am
Packers Suck

DK Sweets wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
If Elliot is around when we're on the clock, you hand the card to the fastest man on your staff and sprint to the podium.

As a matter of fact, you bring back Randy Moss as a consultant and hand him the card in case there is any traffic.

You think he is the kind of back you spend a 1st on?

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:13 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

Let's make a friendly bet, I think Henry rushes for more yards and TD's than zek does (baring injuries to either guy) winner chooses other guys avatar picture for at least a month? :tongue:

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:27 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:
DK Sweets wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

I think he'll be a great Pro. :confused:

Most RBs are pretty much a dime a dozen, even the good ones. I think EZ has a chance to be special.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:46 am
Packers Suck

Im not sure I understand what you are saying, Im assuming you would be ok with spending a first on him regardless of your comment about RBs being a dime a dozen?

Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:14 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:
Im not sure I understand what you are saying, Im assuming you would be ok with spending a first on him regardless of your comment about RBs being a dime a dozen?

I suppose if there is a RB worthy of a 1st round pick, I don't have a hard time seeing Elliot as that kind of back. I'm not crazy about the idea of spending those kind of picks on RBs generally though. But if he is there at 23 and they pick him, I won't be furious.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:24 pm
Hall of Famer

Jordysghost wrote:
DK Sweets wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

Zek is worth it. But he wont get AD money. The entire Vikings organization likes RB's it seems. One like Zek dont come around much. PLus hes better blocking and recieving then AD is.

Lacey going to be a darn good rb is he can control himself, keep the weight off, and stays in the gym. Like a top 5. Going to be hard to focus on Lacey with Rogers picking things apart.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:17 am
Packers Suck

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Zek is worth it. But he wont get AD money. The entire Vikings organization likes RB's it seems. One like Zek dont come around much. PLus hes better blocking and recieving then AD is.

Lacey going to be a darn good rb is he can control himself, keep the weight off, and stays in the gym. Like a top 5. Going to be hard to focus on Lacey with Rogers picking things apart.

Lacy was alright even overweight, I cant wait to see how he bounces back this up coming year, he made Tony Horton his personal trainer and he looks lean as he ever has before on his twitter photos.

If Elliot really is worth a 1st round pick, he will probably command AD type money eventually.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:54 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Lacy was alright even overweight, I cant wait to see how he bounces back this up coming year, he made Tony Horton his personal trainer and he looks lean as he ever has before on his twitter photos.

If Elliot really is worth a 1st round pick, he will probably command AD type money eventually.

No RB will command AD type money for a long time. I have no idea why the Vikings are paying AD that type of money. Next year he won't be making more than 7 million a year. It'll be up to him if he wants to be a Viking or make that much (or less) elsewhere.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]