Diet thread

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Diet thread

Post by Texas Vike »

Holy smokes, what an inspiring thread! Cliff, your story is really impressive. The human ability to make a choice, a very difficult one, to make a transformation in their lives is one of the most enjoyable narratives to read IMO. Kudos!

Same for all posters who have willed their way to improved quality of life.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yeah I gave up soda last Friday... I think its what I need to finish the journey...

I had maybe 25 ounces over the week.. I had some nasty headaches so I had two glasses over the
week. I think I am past that now... I am consistently over ten miles of walking a week... I am going to
some boxing training too. I need to fill up my stand alone bag with sand this week. I got some boxing wraps
to reduce damage to hands and wrists.

well the soda made a difference I lost four pounds last week,... I don't weigh in a lot because
I feel its to distracting and counter productive but I had a check up and they weighed me so..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iKBykxuCGw

I am going to try the Spartan Race this year
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote:Figure since I've gone this far might as well show some pics. The first one is us before ... about 2008 some time. The second is us a couple months ago after seeing Mathew Morrison (my wife is a huge Glee fan). I've still got a good 100-130lbs that I'm looking to lose and she's losing about another 60.

Wow! Congrats Cliff!
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Ran a five K again ..did okay ..better than
last time.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

jackal wrote:Ran a five K again ..did okay ..better than
last time.
I walked around the block with my dogs... :P

Jk... good job, Ken. I need to get better with exercise too. It is so hard to get started. :(
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yeah I know, just start small and fine something you like to do...even something small, is better than nothing ...

I am going to try my first 10K next month...6.2 miles...