Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

Post by jackal »

WTFF forcing women into interviews...

Why don't we hire a blind deaf mute with brain
damage in a wheel chair with missing wheels to
coach too. :soap .....
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

jackal wrote:WTFF forcing women into interviews...

Why don't we hire a blind deaf mute with brain
damage in a wheel chair with missing wheels to
coach too. :soap .....
Tell us how you really feel about women :D

Seriously though, notice it says for "executive positions" not coaching jobs. Honestly, I don't even know how a woman could possibly become a coach. There aren't female college football teams, etc. The pickins are slim.

There has been only one female NFL football coach period. She was an intern linebackers coach for the Cardinals for last year's training camp and preseason. She also played RB in the IFL.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Both this, and the 'Rooney Rule' kinda strike me as more offensive to the groups they suggest to help and typical of the NFL's list of 'solutions' to it's problems in the realm of public perception.
-
I think the Rooney rule should be rescinded at this point. I'm skeptical that it was responsible for the hiring of black HCs.....but in any event, there doesn't seem to be much of an issue around it these days. Now the awkward thing is when there are obvious 'token' interviews taking place. I would hate to be 'that guy'...the token interviewee or the guy having to do the interview.
-
As for the women executive issue: I'm not sure how forcing someone, who doesn't want a woman, to interview a woman, will result in them hiring a woman.
Maybe it sets up a possibility for a discrimination lawsuit if a less acredited man gets hired over the woman who is interviewed?
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

[quote]
Tell us how you really feel about women :D

Seriously though, notice it says for "executive positions" not coaching jobs. Honestly, I don't even know how a woman could possibly become a coach. There aren't female college football teams, etc. The pickins are slim.

There has been only one female NFL football coach period. She was an intern linebackers coach for the Cardinals for last year's training camp and preseason. She also played RB in the IFL.[quote]

Cliff, no its not about women its force hiring any type of race, gender, age, or social
group a job that someone who is probably less qualified. To me that is very wrong
the best for the job period.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I agree that forcing someone into an interview probably isn't any more likely to get them a job. Though, it's got a be at least a little more likely than not being interviewed at all :lol:

I guess I'd like to see the data on women actually applying for NFL executive jobs and being turned down. Is it a problem with them being turned down for interviews continually or not very many applicants?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Matt Forte: Days with Bears have 'sadly come to an end'
Matt Forte, the second-most-productive running back in franchise history, will no longer be a member of the Chicago Bears.

"Despite my wishes, my days as a member of the Chicago Bears have sadly come to an end," Forte said in an Instagram post. "I was informed earlier this week from the GM that they will not be attempting to re-sign me in free agency.

With the Bears informing Matt Forte he won't be back, Jeremy Langford is in position to assume the featured running back role, and if his rookie year was any indication, Langford is ready, Jeff Dickerson writes.
"I will remain forever grateful for my time spent in Chicago and being able to play for an organization with such a rich history. My only regret is not being able to win a Lombardi trophy for the best fans in all of sports. I'm excited about the next chapter of my NFL career. But, Chicago will always be home."
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

It seems like they never gave Forte enough love over there, I could be wrong though.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:It seems like they never gave Forte enough love over there, I could be wrong though.
He's actually a pretty big fan favorite in this area but every RB who plays in Chicago plays in the shadow of Payton.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

One of the guys thought Forte would be the most effective in New England I agree with Brady
quick release and Bellicheck being so effective in using players .. that would give New England
a much effective weapon in the run and short pass..
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote:One of the guys thought Forte would be the most effective in New England I agree with Brady
quick release and Bellicheck being so effective in using players .. that would give New England
a much effective weapon in the run and short pass..
Don't they already have that guy?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Joique Bell was released. I am a little surprised at that because I don't thin kDetroit has anyone else who can run well.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Joique Bell was released. I am a little surprised at that because I don't thin kDetroit has anyone else who can run well.
Abdullah and Zenner should be adequate
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Don't they already have that guy?
The Patriots love to run a stable of backs ... Bill also loves
players that can do multiple things on his team...
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

LA released James Laurinaitis.. I don't know much about him... would he be good on our defense? I know he has had some good seasons.