Super Bowl 50

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Super Bowl 50

Post by The Breeze »

I never expected the Broncos to beat NE...but when they did and they way they did it, I knew they had a very good chance against the Panthers.
I thought Carolina out played them in just about every aspect. The turnovers killed them. And that's how it goes.
I gotta admit that Peyton Manning won me over as a fan last night. I've never let myself really like him outside of his Nationwide commercials. Probably because it looked like everything was kinded handed to him in some sense.
But the guy makes the most out of all those gifts and is a consumate class act. It's easy to see why so any people like the guy. He'll go straight to Hades for drinking Budwieser...but maybe a concerned friend can get him on the true path of the micro-brew and on to redemption before it's mathematically too late.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I predicted a 17 to 14 Denver win. I had an inclination that Carolina was not going to score many points in this game. I never expected it to be a blowout for either side.

I am glad Peyton gets to ride out with a Super Bowl. He is retiring. There is simply no way he doesn't - at least in my view.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I predicted a 17 to 14 Denver win. I had an inclination that Carolina was not going to score many points in this game. I never expected it to be a blowout for either side.

I am glad Peyton gets to ride out with a Super Bowl. He is retiring. There is simply no way he doesn't - at least in my view.
Well he should. Most games won by QB, only QB to win the Super Bowl on two teams as the starting QB. Bunch of other records. Plus, I don't think he has the health for another full season. End up like Favre in his last year. Forgettable.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

In the "age of the QB" with all of the favorable passing rules, it was nice to see that defenses can still win championships.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

S197 wrote:In the "age of the QB" with all of the favorable passing rules, it was nice to see that defenses can still win championships.
It almost always does. It's just that only in games like this does it really show itself.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

808vikingsfan wrote:That's the Vikings blueprint to get to the SB. In fact, it almost felt like I was watching the Vikings (settle for FGs, play conservative at the end, rely on defense). Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vikings focus on defense in the draft and FA this year.

So glad the Patriots weren't in the SB. Didn't really care who won but it was good to see the Broncos win it. Had a small feeling Miller was going to win the MVP today.
And Mannings stats for that game was similar to Teddy's in a few of our games.
13 - 23 for 141 yards.
Maybe we are closer than we think.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

halfgiz wrote: And Mannings stats for that game was similar to Teddy's in a few of our games.
13 - 23 for 141 yards.
Maybe we are closer than we think.
Manning played complimentary football, which is often winning football.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Well Cam plays 'his way to win, so maybe he won'.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... re-excuses
Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera could've approached his media session at this week's NFL Annual Meeting in many ways. He could've deflected any questions that addressed the drama surrounding quarterback Cam Newton at Super Bowl 50. Rivera could've said all that stuff was behind him, that it was time to move on with life.

Instead, the head coach did the one thing that was ill-advised: He showed us all why Newton won't learn a thing from the biggest defeat of his football career.
Before we go further with this topic, let's make one thing clear: Rivera is a good-hearted coach with good intentions. He has a right to stick up for his players and he clearly sees the benefit in being on Newton's side in this case.

The problem is that this is just one more example of why Newton is becoming such a lightning rod in the first place. The more he gets enabled -- which is what Rivera basically was doing here -- the more he's going to act like he needs a different set of rules to play in the NFL.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I don't like the article just based on the excerpts you provided...