2016 mock drafts

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2016 mock drafts

Post by Texas Vike »

Bigwehrm wrote:
I guess you better believe it. If a guy can play it doesn't matter what level he comes from. If you got talent they will find you. He will struggle some to the NFL but what QB doesn't. Ponder came from a D1 school and he sucked. Flacco FCS and he turned out ok.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/ ... vp-BBourNa little piece on Carson Wentz
:lol:

Thanks for the "lesson".
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

-Two player-team connections I’ve heard so far that may be the pick if this player falls to their spot: RB Derrick Henry to the Vikings (surprising, but not without reason if they feel he’s one of the few first-round prospects) and OT Jack Conklin to the Colts.
http://optimumscouting.com/scouts-notes ... -more.html
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Henry is a huge back with the speed to play in the
NFL and if the Vikings have plans at all to
move on from Peterson this might be a big part.

The problem is the Vikings need to rebuild and improve
an weak OL. They also need to bolster the LB, WR and
secondary. If I was the GM I would move back often and
pick up multiple picks..several teams have several picks
in later rounds. Trading a future 1st round pick is also an
option.

Jaylon Smith
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... genpos=OLB

would be my pick if I didn't move back
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

CBS/Rob Rang (1/31): http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl- ... rson-wentz
23. Minnesota Vikings
Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State: Mike Zimmer clearly has the Vikings on the rise, with his club out-playing the two-time defending NFC champion Seahawks for much of their wildcard game loss. His fearsome defenders could be looking for a younger, cheaper alternative at outside linebacker than veteran Chad Greenway, a pending free agent. Lee has the awareness and closing speed to star against the run and in coverage, making him a potentially ideal replacement.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PFF Mock 3.0: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... 20th-pick/
Minnesota Vikings: Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
The last two mocks saw the Vikings taking Carroo, but with him off the board, they take Coleman who adds a similar intermediate and deep dimension to the offense. Coleman was incredibly productive in Baylor’s offense before quarterback attrition slowed him down, finishing with 3.98 yards per route (fourth in nation) and a +20.6 receiving grade.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Interesting stuff (abut both Lee and Coleman). I need to read up on these guys...
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Daniel Jeremiah mock 2.0: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-draf ... 21040963=1
PICK NO. 23 MIN: COREY COLEMAN WR BAYLOR

Coleman would team up with Stefon Diggs to provide Teddy Bridgewater with two young and explosive playmakers.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I'm hearing Coleman is the #1 WR. I'm hearing Treadwell is the #1 WR. I'm hearing Shepherd is the #1 WR.

I think its a deep class, but maybe there's not a guy who combines the size with the separation in this years crop. It seems like with most of these guys its one or the other.

Separation is probably more important, but it'd be nice to get a big body who can win jump balls and create a margin for error on deep throws that Mike Wallace simply can't provide.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

MOCK DRAFT: Belisle Version 1.0

Jaylon Smith, LB — Notre Dame

http://vikingsterritory.com/2016/nfl-dr ... ersion-1-0
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AldoBarkeeper
Mel Kiper's Mock 2.0

Bears - Jaylon Smith, LB
Lions - Jarran Reed, DL
Vikings - Cody Whitehair, G
Packers - Hunter Henry, TE
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Whitechair makes more sense then any WR. We still have some decent WR's if given plays, and Teddy get a little time from the Oline. We also need Kyle as a WR and not staying behind to block. But out Oline problems just didnt disappear.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@ChaseGoodbread Mayock: South Carolina's Pharoh Cooper and Pittsburgh's Tyler Boyd could be good WR options for #Vikings in 2nd-3rd round range.
‏@LedyardNFLDraft Mayock: Jason Spriggs could make a lot of sense for Minnesota.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:
I've been keeping my eye on Spriggs as the LT candidate most likely to still be on the board at 23.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Whitechair makes more sense then any WR.
I know football players aren't exactly known for their eloquence, but I think its a bit harsh to say a piece of furniture makes more sense. :confused:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

fiestavike wrote: I know football players aren't exactly known for their eloquence, but I think its a bit harsh to say a piece of furniture makes more sense. :confused:
It sounds racist too... why can't it be a black chair or a yellow chair? 8)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018