View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:09 pm



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards" 
Author Message
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23653
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"
Josh Norris Top-50 Big Board 2.0 (note this is not a mock)

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/6 ... o:cfb:gnav

Myles Jack is currently his #1 overall prospect.

Three interior linemen in his top-50 (Whitehair #20, Garnett #41 & Allen #42). Personally if we don't take Whitehair (if he's available) at our pick in R1 he will be gone in R2. I've started to come around on the idea of potentially taking a WR in R1 due to how stacked the interior line is this year compared to the receiver class (and the fact that interior linemen are "devalued", especially over WRs, meaning we can still get a stud guard/center in round 2 as well as perhaps one of the draft's best WRs in R1.

WRs he ranks them (in order):

Coleman (3), Treadwell (4), Thomas (15), Shepard (22), Doctson (23), Fuller (40), Miller (45)

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:12 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23653
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"
NFL Draftwire 2016 Big Board 2.0: http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/0 ... e-edition/

FWIW, ranking near our pick (19-27):

19. OG Joshua Garnett
20. DT Kenny Clark
21. WR Michael Thomas
22. DT Austin Johnson
23. DL DeForest Buckner
24. DT Andrew Billings
25. LB Darron Lee
26. WR Sterling Shepard
27. OG Cody Whitehair

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:22 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"
dead_poet wrote:
NFL Draftwire 2016 Big Board 2.0: http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/0 ... e-edition/

FWIW, ranking near our pick (19-27):

19. OG Joshua Garnett
20. DT Kenny Clark
21. WR Michael Thomas
22. DT Austin Johnson
23. DL DeForest Buckner
24. DT Andrew Billings
25. LB Darron Lee
26. WR Sterling Shepard
27. OG Cody Whitehair


The Vikes are probably ideally positioned in the first round to select one of the best interior o-lineman available. I just wonder if Spielman would be willing to pull the trigger on a guard (or guard/center) that early.

By the way, did you see the glowing film study/review of WR Tyler Boyd that was linked to on that big board page? It's worth checking out:

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/0 ... ss-player/


Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:48 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23653
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"
Josh Norris updated Big Board (2/4): http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/6 ... g-board-20

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:23 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23653
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"
Mothman wrote:
The Vikes are probably ideally positioned in the first round to select one of the best interior o-lineman available. I just wonder if Spielman would be willing to pull the trigger on a guard (or guard/center) that early.


It depends. I'm so undecided about the first round it's crazy. But I DO think the first two should be WR/OL but who is available will (for me) be the determining factor. As I mentioned on another thread, all things being equal I'm leaning towards WR in R1, if only because I think there will be much better value at interior line in round 2 (I do not think it would be the same in reverse, especially in this draft class).

Quote:
By the way, did you see the glowing film study/review of WR Tyler Boyd that was linked to on that big board page? It's worth checking out:

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/0 ... ss-player/


Not yet but I'll check it out.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:29 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10694
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"
dead_poet wrote:
Coleman (3), Treadwell (4), Thomas (15), Shepard (22), Doctson (23), Fuller (40), Miller (45)


I'd be elated to get Fuller in the 2nd round. The last receiver I lobbied strongly for (outside of the early picks) was Martavis Bryant. I see similar value in Fuller even though he'll most likely go a lot earlier than Bryant did. The guy just flat out gets open and makes big plays when they're most needed.


Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:34 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 6601
Post Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"
dead_poet wrote:
Mothman wrote:
The Vikes are probably ideally positioned in the first round to select one of the best interior o-lineman available. I just wonder if Spielman would be willing to pull the trigger on a guard (or guard/center) that early.


It depends. I'm so undecided about the first round it's crazy. But I DO think the first two should be WR/OL but who is available will (for me) be the determining factor. As I mentioned on another thread, all things being equal I'm leaning towards WR in R1, if only because I think there will be much better value at interior line in round 2 (I do not think it would be the same in reverse, especially in this draft class).

Quote:
By the way, did you see the glowing film study/review of WR Tyler Boyd that was linked to on that big board page? It's worth checking out:

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/0 ... ss-player/


Not yet but I'll check it out.


Minnesota is actually in a tough spot this year. I am not sure the talent on the board will justify Minnesota's position. One guy I think Minnesota should take a shot on is Noah Spence. That dude has some off-the-field struggles, but man, him and Anthony Barr at OLB? Watch out.

_________________
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.


Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:00 pm
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 311
Post Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"
whitehair makes a lot of sense. versatile lineman who can line up at left guard from day one. we can't keep trying to throw out a line with late round picks. time to get some legit talent in there.


Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:53 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3226
Post Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"
slapnut19 wrote:
whitehair makes a lot of sense. versatile lineman who can line up at left guard from day one. we can't keep trying to throw out a line with late round picks. time to get some legit talent in there.


What worries me is that if they don't get a LT prospect in the first, being positioned as they are, it won't be possible to get one later. There are a lot of good interior linemen they could get in the 2nd-3rd.

Garnett or Whitehair would both be great additions though.


Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:51 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23653
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"
Composite "Big Boards" (Feb. 22)

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/6 ... g-board-10

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:30 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23653
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"
Josh Norris Big Board 5.0: http://bit.ly/1MnzTyf

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:14 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.