2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"

Post by dead_poet » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:12 am

Josh Norris Top-50 Big Board 2.0 (note this is not a mock)

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/6 ... o:cfb:gnav

Myles Jack is currently his #1 overall prospect.

Three interior linemen in his top-50 (Whitehair #20, Garnett #41 & Allen #42). Personally if we don't take Whitehair (if he's available) at our pick in R1 he will be gone in R2. I've started to come around on the idea of potentially taking a WR in R1 due to how stacked the interior line is this year compared to the receiver class (and the fact that interior linemen are "devalued", especially over WRs, meaning we can still get a stud guard/center in round 2 as well as perhaps one of the draft's best WRs in R1.

WRs he ranks them (in order):

Coleman (3), Treadwell (4), Thomas (15), Shepard (22), Doctson (23), Fuller (40), Miller (45)
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"

Post by dead_poet » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:22 pm

NFL Draftwire 2016 Big Board 2.0: http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/0 ... e-edition/

FWIW, ranking near our pick (19-27):

19. OG Joshua Garnett
20. DT Kenny Clark
21. WR Michael Thomas
22. DT Austin Johnson
23. DL DeForest Buckner
24. DT Andrew Billings
25. LB Darron Lee
26. WR Sterling Shepard
27. OG Cody Whitehair
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37384
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"

Post by Mothman » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:48 pm

dead_poet wrote:NFL Draftwire 2016 Big Board 2.0: http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/0 ... e-edition/

FWIW, ranking near our pick (19-27):

19. OG Joshua Garnett
20. DT Kenny Clark
21. WR Michael Thomas
22. DT Austin Johnson
23. DL DeForest Buckner
24. DT Andrew Billings
25. LB Darron Lee
26. WR Sterling Shepard
27. OG Cody Whitehair
The Vikes are probably ideally positioned in the first round to select one of the best interior o-lineman available. I just wonder if Spielman would be willing to pull the trigger on a guard (or guard/center) that early.

By the way, did you see the glowing film study/review of WR Tyler Boyd that was linked to on that big board page? It's worth checking out:

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/0 ... ss-player/
0 x

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"

Post by dead_poet » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:23 pm

Josh Norris updated Big Board (2/4): http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/6 ... g-board-20
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"

Post by dead_poet » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:29 pm

Mothman wrote:The Vikes are probably ideally positioned in the first round to select one of the best interior o-lineman available. I just wonder if Spielman would be willing to pull the trigger on a guard (or guard/center) that early.
It depends. I'm so undecided about the first round it's crazy. But I DO think the first two should be WR/OL but who is available will (for me) be the determining factor. As I mentioned on another thread, all things being equal I'm leaning towards WR in R1, if only because I think there will be much better value at interior line in round 2 (I do not think it would be the same in reverse, especially in this draft class).
By the way, did you see the glowing film study/review of WR Tyler Boyd that was linked to on that big board page? It's worth checking out:

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/0 ... ss-player/
Not yet but I'll check it out.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11264
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"

Post by S197 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:34 pm

dead_poet wrote:Coleman (3), Treadwell (4), Thomas (15), Shepard (22), Doctson (23), Fuller (40), Miller (45)
I'd be elated to get Fuller in the 2nd round. The last receiver I lobbied strongly for (outside of the early picks) was Martavis Bryant. I see similar value in Fuller even though he'll most likely go a lot earlier than Bryant did. The guy just flat out gets open and makes big plays when they're most needed.
0 x

User avatar
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"

Post by HardcoreVikesFan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:00 pm

dead_poet wrote: It depends. I'm so undecided about the first round it's crazy. But I DO think the first two should be WR/OL but who is available will (for me) be the determining factor. As I mentioned on another thread, all things being equal I'm leaning towards WR in R1, if only because I think there will be much better value at interior line in round 2 (I do not think it would be the same in reverse, especially in this draft class).
Not yet but I'll check it out.
Minnesota is actually in a tough spot this year. I am not sure the talent on the board will justify Minnesota's position. One guy I think Minnesota should take a shot on is Noah Spence. That dude has some off-the-field struggles, but man, him and Anthony Barr at OLB? Watch out.
0 x
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.

slapnut19
Transition Player
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 am

Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"

Post by slapnut19 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:53 pm

whitehair makes a lot of sense. versatile lineman who can line up at left guard from day one. we can't keep trying to throw out a line with late round picks. time to get some legit talent in there.
0 x

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3472
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am

Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"

Post by fiestavike » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:51 am

slapnut19 wrote:whitehair makes a lot of sense. versatile lineman who can line up at left guard from day one. we can't keep trying to throw out a line with late round picks. time to get some legit talent in there.
What worries me is that if they don't get a LT prospect in the first, being positioned as they are, it won't be possible to get one later. There are a lot of good interior linemen they could get in the 2nd-3rd.

Garnett or Whitehair would both be great additions though.
0 x

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"

Post by dead_poet » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:30 am

0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2016 NFL Draft "Big Boards"

Post by dead_poet » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:14 am

Josh Norris Big Board 5.0: http://bit.ly/1MnzTyf
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

Post Reply