Vikings OL and GM discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Vikings OL

Post by dead_poet »

Ben Goessling reporting Phil Loadholt began running last week and and believes he'll be ready for the team's offseason workout program in April.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

dead_poet wrote:Ben Goessling reporting Phil Loadholt began running last week and and believes he'll be ready for the team's offseason workout program in April.
That is great news :smilevike:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Great news. I hope he comes through...i really had doubts with that injury.
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

the fact that he's running now probably indicates he's in the mix for 2016. very good news. if he's healthy then him and harris should form a solid right side, assuming harris comes back. plus it allows clemmings to move to the backup/swing role which is good for him while he develops.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The question isn't just if he can come back healthy but if he can stay healthy. At this point, he's missed the last 21 meaningful games due to injury.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote:The question isn't just if he can come back healthy but if he can stay healthy. At this point, he's missed the last 21 meaningful games due to injury.
Nobody can say for certain. The good news is the injuries aren't related (unlike some offensive tackles on our roster). Here's hoping he can return to form and stay healthy and effective.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote: Nobody can say for certain. The good news is the injuries aren't related (unlike some offensive tackles on our roster). Here's hoping he can return to form and stay healthy and effective.
I hope so. I'm a little concerned that his body is telling him it's had enough of football but it's also possible he's just had a run of bad luck.

Regarding that other tackle: I know Kali's had knee issues in the past but wasn't the injury he had problems with in 2015 a toe injury?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: I hope so. I'm a little concerned that his body is telling him it's had enough of football but it's also possible he's just had a run of bad luck.

Regarding that other tackle: I know Kali's had knee issues in the past but wasn't the injury he had problems with in 2015 a toe injury?
I'm not worried about Phil (yet). He wasn't the only player to sustain a torn pec and the knee injury I think was his first. As mentioned before it's an injury others (tackles included) have cone back from (at older ages).

Regarding Kalil, it was a toe I believe (at least what was reported). No idea how his knees held up this season as the team has been pretty secretive regarding his injuries/surgeries. Would be great news if he can avoid lower body surgery altogether this offseason and turn a corner. But color me skeptical on that and his knees in general long-term.

I'll be anxious to hear an update on Sullivan, whose injury most concerns me.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

dead_poet wrote: I'm not worried about Phil (yet). He wasn't the only player to sustain a torn pec and the knee injury I think was his first. As mentioned before it's an injury others (tackles included) have cone back from (at older ages).
Achilles?
Formerly AADPFan
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Grashopa wrote: Achilles?
Yep. My bad. That's not in the knee.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:I'm not worried about Phil (yet). He wasn't the only player to sustain a torn pec and the knee injury I think was his first. As mentioned before it's an injury others (tackles included) have cone back from (at older ages).

Regarding Kalil, it was a toe I believe (at least what was reported). No idea how his knees held up this season as the team has been pretty secretive regarding his injuries/surgeries. Would be great news if he can avoid lower body surgery altogether this offseason and turn a corner. But color me skeptical on that and his knees in general long-term.

I'll be anxious to hear an update on Sullivan, whose injury most concerns me.
I seem to be worried about all of them at this point. :lol:

By the way, here's a link to a nice overview of the o-line situation that was just published yesterday:

Krammer: A little luck could go a long way for Vikings’ offensive line
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I was reading somewhere that Phil is working out trying to get back into shape. And is supposedly planning to participate in off season work outs.
I will have to see if I can find the article.

http://www.startribune.com/phil-loadhol ... 367341461/
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

halfgiz wrote:I was reading somewhere that Phil is working out trying to get back into shape. And is supposedly planning to participate in off season work outs.
I will have to see if I can find the article.

http://www.startribune.com/phil-loadhol ... 367341461/
Good read. Thanks for the link!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Update on Sully:

John Sullivan Says He'll Be Ready For 2016
"I'm doing well, finally getting better," Sullivan said. "I think I'm 16 weeks out post-op from the second surgery. I'm doing stuff back on the field, back in the weight room. It's just been a long road.

"It's definitely an injury you can come back from...plenty of guys have," Sullivan added. "Linemen, tight ends, running backs...the full spectrum of position groups. Now we're getting to the point where we can push it a little bit and get me back into shape."
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/2/6/1 ... ce=twitter
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Wow...16 weeks is a long road. I had it in my head that Sully had missed a lot of time in his career, but the article states it's been only 3 games since 2009.
Was there a guy between Birk and Sully?
I hope he gets back healthy enough to re-man his position. It's good to have Berger though.