What??? Teddy to the Pro Bowl?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: What??? Teddy to the Pro Bowl?

Post by Raptorman »

Really folks it's this simple. Teddy played well enough to help get the team into the playoffs. He didn't play at an elite level. He didn't play at the "Suck" level. He played somewhere in between. Does he have room for improvement? Yes. Will he? Who knows. Would he have done better with better protection? Probably, but it's not a given. Did he play well enough to be in the Pro Bowl? No. If he had he would have been one of the first selections. Did he play well enough to be a back up in the Pro Bowl. Maybe. But he was selected. Most likely on the idea that he helped the Vikings to the playoffs. I am not sure how the replacements for the Pro Bowl are picked, but whoever did it, thought that he played better then a lot of other QB's in the league. Nothing we can do about it.

It's not like the Pro Bowl is such a high quality game anyway.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Raptorman wrote:Really folks it's this simple. Teddy played well enough to help get the team into the playoffs. He didn't play at an elite level. He didn't play at the "Suck" level. He played somewhere in between. Does he have room for improvement? Yes. Will he? Who knows. Would he have done better with better protection? Probably, but it's not a given. Did he play well enough to be in the Pro Bowl? No. If he had he would have been one of the first selections. Did he play well enough to be a back up in the Pro Bowl. Maybe. But he was selected. Most likely on the idea that he helped the Vikings to the playoffs. I am not sure how the replacements for the Pro Bowl are picked, but whoever did it, thought that he played better then a lot of other QB's in the league. Nothing we can do about it.

It's not like the Pro Bowl is such a high quality game anyway.
Pretty much. All that's left is where each of us personally stands on predicting what happens next and that always devolves with no new data coming in to sway anyone's opinion one way or the other.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

slapnut19 wrote:
same goes for smith and barr and kalil and rudolph in 2012. nobody takes these pro bowl nods seriously. just enjoy our guys getting some national attention.
So you're saying Harrison Smith doesn't belong in the Pro Bowl?

OK, whatever.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

808vikingsfan wrote:Couple of videos from vikings.com. Was ready to take the drive to the north shore today to watch them practice until I found out it's not open to the public. boo.
Thats a shame. I wonder why they close practices for a game like the Pro Bowl. It seems like a missed PR opportunity.

Thanks for the links and the picture of those beautiful Hawaiian girls!

Oh, I see there are some Vikings players in the picture too. ;)
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote: Thats a shame. I wonder why they close practices for a game like the Pro Bowl. It seems like a missed PR opportunity.

Thanks for the links and the picture of those beautiful Hawaiian girls!

Well, I'll have you know that I didn't look at the girls once!

Ahem...a thousand times, maybe...but not just once... :whistle:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:Well, I'll have you know that I didn't look at the girls once!

Ahem...a thousand times, maybe...but not just once... :whistle:
:lol:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: Thanks for the links and the picture of those beautiful Hawaiian girls!

Hmm, no matter how many times I look at the pic, I see only the girls... 8)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: So you're saying Harrison Smith doesn't belong in the Pro Bowl?

OK, whatever.
just saying he was an injury replacement. it's not about who deserves it, it matters as to who gets the initial nods. smith is a very good safety, but you can make an argument that four or five other safeties had better 2015 seasons.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

TSonn wrote:Teddy's going to light it up throwing to legit WRs like Fitz, Marshall, Hopkins, and Jones.
Unfortunately even good wide receivers and a good o-line won't help Teddy with his long ball accuracy problems.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

His first play interception was bad...... Julio had his guy beat if teddy can hit him deep.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Nice td pass there by teddy. Wish we had robinson on the vikings
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Purple Reign wrote: Unfortunately even good wide receivers and a good o-line won't help Teddy with his long ball accuracy problems.
Someone was right and someone was wrong. Hint: I was right.