Chargers to stay in San Diego at least for 2016

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Chargers to stay in San Diego at least for 2016

Post by Mothman »

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new ... iego-2016/
The Chargers on Friday announced they will stay in San Diego for at least the 2016 season and attempt to get a stadium built.

In a statement, Chargers chairman Dean Spanos said:

"Dear Chargers Fans,

Today I decided our team will stay in San Diego for the 2016 season and I hope for the long term in a new stadium.

I have met with Mayor Faulconer and Supervisor Roberts and I look forward to working closely with them and the business community to resolve our stadium dilemma. We have an option and an agreement with the Los Angeles Rams to go to Inglewood in the next year, but my focus is on San Diego.

This has been our home for 55 years, and I want to keep the team here and provide the world-class stadium experience you deserve.

Everyone on both sides of the table in San Diego must now determine the best next steps and how to deploy the additional resources provided by the NFL.

I am committed to looking at this with a fresh perspective and new sense of possibility."
More at the link.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Chargers to stay in San Diego at least for 2016

Post by PurpleMustReign »

San Diego needs the Chargers... St Louis and Oakland don't need tge Rams and Raiders. Although the Raiders are more Oakland than The Rams are St. Louis.

Cold is temporary. Purple Pride is forever.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Chargers to stay in San Diego at least for 2016

Post by jackal »

I don't know why they would want to leave..run down not so nice place for a not so nice area of
crowded city.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!