Championship Sunday

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Championship Sunday

Post by The Breeze »

Man, brady had tunnel vision for gronk there. 2 other guys were openish.

Their o-line got absolutely mauled.
Happy for Manning and I'd be ok seeing him win it all...and they might with this defense~
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Teddy played better than Brady did against Denver with an equally terrible offensive line.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Great game, maybe the last Peyton Vs Brady we will ever see.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Wow what a battle! Denver's defense is just on a whole different level.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

I have never seen an offensive line play as poorly as the Pat's. Encouraging to know that the Vikes can and will compete with any team out there. With a good draft, a few good trades, a new stadium the sky is the limit :thumbsup:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Purple bruise wrote:I have never seen an offensive line play as poorly as the Pat's. Encouraging to know that the Vikes can and will compete with any team out there. With a good draft, a few good trades, a new stadium the sky is the limit :thumbsup:

I had the same thought: we played AZ and DEN VERY tight on the road this year. They could end up playing for the SB (though I don't think AZ will win tonight).

We're getting close!
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Texas Vike wrote:
I had the same thought: we played AZ and DEN VERY tight on the road this year. They could end up playing for the SB (though I don't think AZ will win tonight).

We're getting close!
And we were the last team to beat the Panthers in the regular season before Atlanta beat the in week 16!
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Interesting thing to note in the first game that in spite of how bad the Pats o-line got beat, the critical difference in the game was a missed PAT
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

This was the 1st time in Tom Brady's career that he completed less than half of his passes and threw multiple INT in a game
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

The Breeze wrote:Interesting thing to note in the first game that in spite of how bad the Pats o-line got beat, the critical difference in the game was a missed PAT
Pats voted for the PAT to be moved back...
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

dead_poet wrote: Pats voted for the PAT to be moved back...
Shouldn't have kicked from the left hash though!
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... w-pat-rule
Place-kickers themselves face one relatively significant decision: Where to place the ball for extra points. As always, they'll have the choice between either hashmark or the middle of the field. A Pro Football Focus offseason study revealed that conversion rates on field goals from 30-35 yards over the past two seasons went this way:

Left: 91.6 percent

Center: 97.6 percent

Right: 93.8 percent
Interesting that after that there's a comment by Walsh!
Not all place-kickers prefer the middle, however, despite those percentages. The Vikings' Blair Walsh said it's easier for some to use the hash because it provides a fool-proof line for the long-snapper and holder to set up.

"If you're in the middle of the field, there's no line for the holder to put the ball down," Walsh said. "So that's the way we're looking at it."
Wonder what his personal rate is left/center/right
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Difference in Carolina game? Newton's O-line. No pressure. Easy throws.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:Difference in Carolina game? Newton's O-line. No pressure. Easy throws.
I was just thinking that. Carolina is an example of what a mediocre QB with mediocre offensive weapons can do with a brick wall in front of him.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Awful throw by Cam
dead_poet
Commissioner

Championship Sunday

Post by dead_poet »

This is a nuts end to the half