Overtime rules.

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Overtime rules.

Post by Raptorman »

So Clay Matthews is #### that the Packers didn't get to touch the ball in OT and thinks they should be changed to the college rules. What do you guys think?

I could see it. However, Would not start on the 25, I would have them start at the 40, the 25 makes FG's just to easy for NFL kickers.

Thoughts.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Overtime rules.

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote:So Clay Matthews is #### that the Packers didn't get to touch the ball in OT and thinks they should be changed to the college rules. What do you guys think?

I could see it. However, Would not start on the 25, I would have them start at the 40, the 25 makes FG's just to easy for NFL kickers.

Thoughts.
Clay should shut the #### up.

It be irrelevant if the refs hadn't handed ARI 7 on a blatant uncalled penalty.

I like the OT rules.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Jordysghost wrote: Clay should shut the #### up.

I like the OT rules.
You mean like dragging Palmer down out of bounds? Had that happened to Rodgers you would have been all over it like white on rice.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Raptorman wrote:So Clay Matthews is #### that the Packers didn't get to touch the ball in OT and thinks they should be changed to the college rules. What do you guys think?
I never want to see the college OT rules applied in the NFL. I'd actually prefer it if the NFL went back to the previous "sudden death" OT format: first team to score wins, regardless of how they score.

To Matthews' comments: if you want to see your offense take the field under the current rules, stop the other team from scoring.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote: Clay should shut the #### up.

I like the OT rules.
if you want to complain about the officiating, you know where to do it. :)
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Like the current setup.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote: You mean like dragging Palmer down out of bounds? Had that happened to Rodgers you would have been all over it like white on rice.
Right, like the uncalled facemask to end 09 right? :wink: I mean, that was on Rodgers soooooo.......

You know the call I am speaking of, but on further moderator direction I will not discuss it here.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote: I never want to see the college OT rules applied in the NFL. I'd actually prefer it if the NFL went back to the previous "sudden death" OT format: first team to score wins, regardless of how they score.

To Matthews' comments: if you want to see your offense take the field under the current rules, stop the other team from scoring.
As much as the Packers got jobbed, I agree, Clay should shut the #### up.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Matthews needs to take this up with ownership.
Bears last year proposed OT rule change to ensure each team a possession after Packers lost NFC title to SEA on 1st drive. GB voted against.
:lol:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:Matthews needs to take this up with ownership.
:lol:

LOL!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote:
LOL!
Clay is just an idiot who needs to shutup.

Im glad the Packers voted against, and I hope they persist should the issue arise in the future.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:Clay is just an idiot who needs to shutup.

Im glad the Packers voted against, and I hope they persist should the issue arise in the future.
Honestly, I'm glad they voted against it too. I was just amused by the irony...

As I said above, I preferred the "sudden death" rules.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote: Honestly, I'm glad they voted against it too. I was just amused by the irony...

As I said above, I preferred the "sudden death" rules.
I don't find it that ironic, it is large organisation it figures a player wouldn't agree on everything with management.

Yea, it would be very sad to see the NFL move toward a college like OT implementation, just.. no.