Divisional playoff games.

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Divisional playoff games.

Post by Mothman »

Purple bruise wrote: Did I miss the Viking/Panther game somehow :shock: :wink:
And so how did you feel when the Sea Hawks rallied back and nearly won the game. Maybe the Vikes do not have that far to go. :smilevike:

Maybe not... but I'm still waiting for them to convince me.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote:
Maybe not... but I'm still waiting for them to convince me.
The Vikings do still have a ways to go, but they are now building on a solid base. You get to that point in this game and improvements start being close to exponential. Their weaknesses are significant but each improvement is going to impact other aspects and that improvement will be mirrored and amplified at another position. They have a ways to go AND they are incredibly close.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:The Vikings do still have a ways to go, but they are now building on a solid base. You get to that point in this game and improvements start being close to exponential. Their weaknesses are significant but each improvement is going to impact other aspects and that improvement will be mirrored and amplified at another position. They have a ways to go AND they are incredibly close.
I see what you mean. they definitely have a strong, young base on defense. I'm not so sure about the offense.

I see them as a team on the brink of taking that next big step forward or falling back again, which is basically another way of saying "they have a ways to go AND they are incredibly close". :) They've been in this spot many times but they've rarely taken that next big step. Hopefully, this time they'll keep building in the right direction.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Funkytown wrote: Image
Cardinals coaching staff did a terrible job, 3 starting GB WRs out and spotted 7 on an blown call and they somehow let it go to OT, that was my point.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: Look at the bright side, you've got a whole list of complaints to add to the Fail Mary. The Fail Larry. The (coin) Flip Nary. The Mike Carey. The Tip Scary. The PI? Very!

Sometimes it just comes down to a coin toss. R-E-L-A-X.
Yup, the Tip call was the difference though.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Purple bruise wrote: Did I miss the Viking/Panther game somehow :shock: :wink:
And so how did you feel when the Sea Hawks rallied back and nearly won the game. Maybe the Vikes do not have that far to go. :smilevike:
No those is a game if matchups, who knows if Blair made the kick you might have been able to beat the Panthers, I don't find any of the playoff teams to be head and shoulders above the rest in the NFC.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote:Jared Allen with a broken foot.

Denver has no interest in catching Peyton's passes today. 6 drops already a 10-year postseason record
Man, that sucks for Allen alot.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: I see what you mean. they definitely have a strong, young base on defense. I'm not so sure about the offense.

I see them as a team on the brink of taking that next big step forward or falling back again, which is basically another way of saying "they have a ways to go AND they are incredibly close". :) They've been in this spot many times but they've rarely taken that next big step. Hopefully, this time they'll keep building in the right direction.
There are more glaring gaps on the offensive side of the ball to be sure. If they don't address them they'll be stuck where they are.

Some keys that will be interesting to watch.
FA and draft obviously. More interestingly and probably more tellingly, development of young players and Oline coaching. If Sparano can get elevated play out of even one or two of Fusco, Easton, Sirles, Harris, Clemmings, Shephard, Bykowski, etc that would be HUGE. How do McKinnon, Diggs, Bridgewater, Pruitt, Line etc progress?

I don't know or really care about win totals, but I would be willing to bet the Vikings will be a better team next year than they were this year...and they were a really solid overall team this year.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: Yup, the Tip call was the difference though.
Rodgers seemed to think it was the coin toss. :confused:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

I didn't like the coin toss but in a game that goes to OT a free 7 points is obviously pretty critical.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:I didn't like the coin toss but in a game that goes to OT a free 7 points is obviously pretty critical.
As a Packers fan, I'm certain that you know how critical a free 7 points can be to your team's success. Its considerably harder to win without it. :v):
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: As a Packers fan, I'm certain that you know how critical a free 7 points can be to your team's success. Its considerably harder to win without it. :v):
Yea your right, that incorrectly blown whistle on Thanksgiving Night that docked the Packers the game winning Touchdown was pretty critical I cant deny.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: Yea your right, that incorrectly blown whistle on Thanksgiving Night that docked the Packers the game winning Touchdown was pretty critical I cant deny.
And don't forget about the fail mary!

If it wasn't for luck, Mike McCarthy would win every game.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: And don't forget about the fail mary!

If it wasn't for luck, Mike McCarthy would win every game.
Damn straight! :D

As to your second comment? Well idk about that, but I certainly have no qualms with him after the other night, that was a great coaching effort to force OT with a team as talented as the Cardinals without our top 3 WRs.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: Damn straight! :D

As to your second comment? Well idk about that, but I certainly have no qualms with him after the other night, that was a great coaching effort to force OT with a team as talented as the Cardinals without our top 3 WRs.
The big slug certainly knows how to teach his guys to hold and get away with it.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins