Divisional playoff games.

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: Divisional playoff games.

Post by soflavike »

It got interesting in the 4th quarter. That's for sure.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

soflavike wrote:It got interesting in the 4th quarter. That's for sure.
Yes, Seattle made a game of it. That's a team with leadership and resilience.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Kind of rooting for Jared Allen to win a Super Bowl ring... go Panthers!

and Joe Webb, of course! :lol:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote: Yes, Seattle made a game of it. That's a team with leadership and resilience.
Honestly im surprised they lost.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Jared Allen with a broken foot.

Denver has no interest in catching Peyton's passes today. 6 drops already a 10-year postseason record
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Jared Allen with a broken foot.
That sucks. :(
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Once again, Peyton Manning has to face off against Belichick's Patriots for a chance to return to the Super Bowl.

Both Championship match-ups look promising. Hopefully, we'll see some great football next weekend.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

dead_poet wrote:Jared Allen with a broken foot.
You made me look into this!
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Panthers RE Jared Allen "plans to continue" playing despite Sunday's foot injury.

RapSheet characterized the injury as a "small" broken bone in Allen's foot. It sounds like an injury that may require surgery after the season, but Allen could play through for a few more weeks. Consider Allen questionable for next week's NFC Championship Game against the Cardinals.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Jordysghost wrote:Whatever the Cardinals know they cant win a SB, they will never win one ever.
Jordysghost wrote:Arians is an awful coach, to need blatantly incorrect calls to barely edge out a Packers team with there top 3 WRs out, just pathetic.

What a bad coach and bad franchise, they will never win a SB.
Jordysghost wrote:Ive never seen such a a terrible coaching job then by the Cards last night, just a worthless organisation from top to bottom, even with all that talent stockpiled from terrible seasons giving them high picks.
Jordysghost wrote:Oh well, still rather be a Packers fan then a Cardinals fan, any time any place any week, they are simply a mediocre franchise with nothing to be remotely proud of.
Jordysghost wrote:Our coaching staff is so much better it is ridiculous, that is why they need a blatant terrible call to hand them the game, there coaches are just to pathetic to take advantage of us having our top 3 WRs out.
Jordysghost wrote:Im somewhat relieved to know tbat AZ quite clearly isn't good enough to make this win mean something, I wouldn't take Arians as my #### quality control assistant, what a terrible job he did last night.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:Once again, Peyton Manning has to face off against Belichick's Patriots for a chance to return to the Super Bowl.

Both Championship match-ups look promising. Hopefully, we'll see some great football next weekend.

Did you see the play where Manning slid and then got up to complete a pass? It didn't affect the game much, but it could have been a big turning point.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:Larry never established possession so the steps don't matter, the rule is the rule is the rule.

Yea, I get it, you loved how the refs handed ARI the win with an indisputably blatant uncalled penalty, rah rah.

Janis did establish possession, with his left hand, far more then Larry, but even if he didn't, it doesn't matter because the ball didn't touch the ground, there isn't even an argument for that not being a catch.

Again, what a worthless coach Arians must be to need all that to barely beat the Packers without there top 3 WRs, completely and utterly mediocre.
Look at the bright side, you've got a whole list of complaints to add to the Fail Mary. The Fail Larry. The (coin) Flip Nary. The Mike Carey. The Tip Scary. The PI? Very!

Sometimes it just comes down to a coin toss. R-E-L-A-X.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Anyone notice how easily the Panthers could run against the Seahawks today? I couldn't figure out if it meant our offensive line was flat-out terrible or if AD is simply average.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

TSonn wrote:Anyone notice how easily the Panthers could run against the Seahawks today? I couldn't figure out if it meant our offensive line was flat-out terrible or if AD is simply average.
Peterson won the league rushing title again. At 30.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote:I realize the weather conditions were a big factor in last week's Vikes/Panthers game but as I'm watching the Panthers destroy the Seahawks, I keep thinking, "this illustrates how far the Vikes still have to go".

I know every game and every matchup is different but that thought keeps popping into my head.
Did I miss the Viking/Panther game somehow :shock: :wink:
And so how did you feel when the Sea Hawks rallied back and nearly won the game. Maybe the Vikes do not have that far to go. :smilevike:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote: Peterson won the league rushing title again. At 30.
The line is terrible. It really is.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins