Divisional playoff games.

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Divisional playoff games.

Post by Texas Vike »

:lol:

We see those two plays very differently. The refs did not determine the outcome of this game. They did let things go, I'll give you that, but it was pretty even, IMO.

:v):
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Sorry guys, but there is nothing you can really even say in defense of this one, the Cardinals were handed a game leading TD by the refs with a terribly blatant uncalled penalty and there is no way to dispute this.

It doesn't mean anything now, but it is what it is.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Texas Vike wrote::lol:

We see those two plays very differently. The refs did not determine the outcome of this game. They did let things go, I'll give you that, but it was pretty even, IMO.

:v):
Pretty even and being handed 7 points on an uncalled blatant penalty are mutually exclusive. ;)

At least we know the Cards are to pathetic to win a SB.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Jordysghost wrote:Sorry guys, but there is nothing you can really even say in defense of this one, the Cardinals were handed a game leading TD by the refs with a terribly blatant uncalled penalty and there is no way to dispute this.

There is a difference between a missed call and a call that actively gives the team a TD. As was pointed out upthread, GB was holding pretty much the whole game and yet it was never called.

AZ got wildly lucky that the ball bounced into Floyd's hands, but all you can really do is curse fate.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Texas Vike wrote:
There is a difference between a missed call and a call that actively gives the team a TD. As was pointed out upthread, GB was holding pretty much the whole game and yet it was never called.

AZ got wildly lucky that the ball bounced into Floyd's hands, but all you can really do is curse fate.
AZ was holding just as bad, including blatantly on the OT fitz play, we could play this game all day, but only one team was handed 7.

Refs gave it to them, just how it is, didn't give us the blatant PI on Janis, didn't give us the blatant illegal pick, just the fact of the matter, and even with out our top 3 WRs nonetheless.

We saw the stark difference between a good organisation and a doormat organisation capitalizing momentarily on years and years of high picks.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Jordysghost wrote:Sorry guys, but there is nothing you can really even say in defense of this one, the Cardinals were handed a game leading TD by the refs with a terribly blatant uncalled penalty and there is no way to dispute this.

Jordy how do you not cover Fitzgerald in crunch time?
There were a few bad calls both ways. But glad the officials let them play.

Palmers QB rating in the game 92%, Rodgers QB rating 77%

After the beating the Packers took from the Cards earlier in the season they did play a good game.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

halfgiz wrote: Jordy how do you not cover Fitzgerald in crunch time?
There were a few bad calls both ways. But glad the officials let them play.

Palmers QB rating in the game 92%, Rodgers QB rating 77%

After the beating the Packers took from the Cards earlier in the season they did play a good game.
Nope, the Cardinals were handed 7 with an undisputably bad call, anything you feel went uncalled on GB cant compare.

As to Fitz, it was Palmer utilizing the blatant holding to get away and give Fiz a chance to get open, we had to cover for too long.

Yes, with our 3 top WRs out we would have won if not for a blatant uncalled penalty that handed them 7, proud of my guys, and it is obvious ARI isn't ready to win a SB.

They let them play, more then us is my issue. The incorrect call that handed them 7 is the icing on the cake.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Our coaching staff is so much better it is ridiculous, that is why they need a blatant terrible call to hand them the game, there coaches are just to pathetic to take advantage of us having our top 3 WRs out.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Im somewhat relieved to know tbat AZ quite clearly isn't good enough to make this win mean something, I wouldn't take Arians as my #### quality control assistant, what a terrible job he did last night.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Im going to go play Maro Kart, catch you guys later Ill reply later on if you still have thoughts on the matter.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

dead_poet wrote: It's hard to beat the same team twice. Packers are getting players back and, well, I want to jinx them. Didn't you say you thought the Vikings would win last weekend?
I hope this works... I pick the Packers to win every game next year. [emoji48]

Sent from my mobile. Expect typos.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Thaumaturgist wrote: I hope this works... I pick the Packers to win every game next year. [emoji48]

Sent from my mobile. Expect typos.
I feel slightly vindicated.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Seattle/Carolina. For me, whoever wins this game I believe will win the Super Bowl. I think both teams can beat AZ and I can see both beating any AFC team.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote:Seattle/Carolina. For me, whoever wins this game I believe will win the Super Bowl. I think both teams can beat AZ and I can see both beating any AFC team.
Yes, the Cardinals are nothing special and should be short work for either team.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I've never heard such crying about the refs. Ever. Not even by Viking fans.