Carson Wentz

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Carson Wentz

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Anyone watching the division 1 aa national championship right now on espn 2? Carson Wentz from the north dakota bison is really good. I would love the vikings to draft him but I think he will go late first early second round.
His intangibles are off the charts 6'6" 4.0gpa 3 years in a row, can run and has a good arm.

Not to mention this is the 5th straight national championship for the Bison!
Good job NDSU!
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Carson Wentz

Post by IrishViking »

I am always leery about D2 QBs.

I feel like them more than anyone would struggle to adjust to the speed of the Pros.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Anyone watching the division 1 aa national championship right now on espn 2? Carson Wentz from the north dakota bison is really good. I would love the vikings to draft him but I think he will go late first early second round.
His intangibles are off the charts 6'6" 4.0gpa 3 years in a row, can run and has a good arm.

Good job NDSU!
If Heinikie wasnt any good, i kind of like this guy too. But I bet he doesnt go before the late 4th.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

IrishViking wrote:I am always leery about D2 QBs.

I feel like them more than anyone would struggle to adjust to the speed of the Pros.

Bingo!

I have to admit, though, that I have not watched him play. But the concept (D2 QB selected in first round) seems crazy to me.
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

If he has a good senior bowl and combine. He will be gone by end of round 2. Size, arm strength, can run well, the speed of the game will come with practice. A gm is gonna fall in love with 6'6" 235lbs and an arm. Would be a nice fit to sit in AZ behind Carson palmer for a couple years.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Isn't this the team that has a ridiculous amount of championships over the last 15 years or so? I've never seen him play so won't comment but if it's the team I'm thinking of, those championships should be taken with a grain of salt.
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

They are 5 in a row
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Mel Kiper has him going in the first in his initial mock draft. Third QB off the board.

How many NDSU players have had any success in the NFL?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

LondonViking wrote:They are 5 in a row
I know but their success stretches way before that.
The Bison have won 13 National Championships and 32 Conference Championships and are the five-time defending NCAA Division I-FCS National Champions (2011–2015). NDSU is the only college football program to ever win five consecutive NCAA national championships.

The team also has the record for the longest winning streak in Division I-FCS which stands at 33 consecutive games spanning from 2012 to 2014. It is also tied for the 3rd longest streak in NCAA football during the past 50 years.[1] In the final AP Football Poll of the 2013–14 season; after their third consecutive National Championship, North Dakota State finished with 17 votes which ranked them at #29 in all of D1 football, the highest of any team in the history of FCS football. Since 2011, the North Dakota State Bison have a record of 71–5 (.934) including an ongoing record 20 game playoff win streak, making them one of the most successful college football programs this decade at any level.

The Bison are 125–32 (.796) since moving to Division I in 2004. Since 1964, the Bison have had only 3 losing seasons and an overall record of 473–134–4 (.777) through that 52 year span, one of the best in all of college football. North Dakota State currently has more all time wins than any non-Ivy League FCS Program at nearly 700 all time wins. Of all teams established after 1894, only Oklahoma has won a higher percentage of their games than NDSU.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dak ... n_football

I'm wary he's a product of the program.
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

Demi wrote:Mel Kiper has him going in the first in his initial mock draft. Third QB off the board.

How many NDSU players have had any success in the NFL?
Craig Dahl, Marcus Williams, Joe (take your ear off) Mays, Ramon Humber, Phil Hansen, all are Ndsu guys that have done ok in the nfl. Also on rosters now but career success to be determined. Billy Turner, John Crockett, Kyle Emmanuel. So the school has turned a few guys out that can play ball.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Bigwehrm wrote: Craig Dahl, Marcus Williams, Joe (take your ear off) Mays, Ramon Humber, Phil Hansen, all are Ndsu guys that have done ok in the nfl. Also on rosters now but career success to be determined. Billy Turner, John Crockett, Kyle Emmanuel. So the school has turned a few guys out that can play ball.
Did Kleinsasser play for NDSU or UND?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

Kleinsasser was a UND player.
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

daniel jeremiah has him going to the cowboys in the top ten in his first mock.
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

Sounds like some Gm's aren't scared of a small school guy.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/ ... vp-BBourNa
GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Anyone watching the division 1 aa national championship right now on espn 2? Carson Wentz from the north dakota bison is really good. I would love the vikings to draft him but I think he will go late first early second round.

Good job NDSU!
Played for NDSU one year in college. Great program! World class. I ended up transferring closer to home, but it was a good year of football and school.

I always root for NDSU. Funny how now Wentz has put NDSU on the board in a big way. They should have a killer recruiting class this year with all the free publicity and championship.