Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

Post by Raptorman »

DK Sweets wrote:
You must be old.
Don't knock it. It's were John Travolta became a household name.

And yes, some of "old" people watched it first run.

But then I remember first runs of Giligans Island.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Rieux wrote: :shock: Ouch!

I don't know if I'm proving you right or wrong by telling you that I was born during the run of that show. I'm, uh, younger than Matt Hasselbeck....

I sure thought "Welcome Back, Kotter" was, and remains, a common pop-cultural reference. In any case, sportswriters tend to be either (1) old enough and/or (2) pop-culture savvy enough to be familiar with the show. Or at least it seems that way to me.
:lol:

I hope it was clear that I was try to be good natured with that jab.

I think you're right that most writers would get that reference and run with it.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:Honestly, I think Lovie getting fired is less surprising than Lovie getting hired.
Are you kidding? Did you see what he did with TBs craptastic roster and a rookie at QB?

TB will regret this, #### show organisation just got rid of the best HC they have had since Gruden.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Notable 2016 Offseason Moves

Post by dead_poet »

Rams to LA. Raiders staying put (for now) likely with extra $100 million towards new stadium. Chargers likely to opt-in with Rams in Inglewood. Thankfully Minnesota got this done. I feel awful for St. Louis & San Diego fans. We'll see if LA fans support these teams.

###

The Rams and Chargers are expected to be approved for relocation to Inglewood, Cal.
Stan Kroenke's project is taking the day, with Dean Spanos and Mark Davis' Carson proposal dissolving as soon as the bargaining began. The expectation is that Davis will receive extra NFL loan money as he seeks a new stadium in Oakland, a development that is sure to gall Rams and Chargers fans. Official word could come as early as Tuesday evening. It's an exciting day for football fans in the nation's second-largest market, but an awful betrayal for San Diego and St. Louis.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:Rams to LA. Raiders staying put (for now) likely with extra $100 million towards new stadium. Chargers likely to opt-in with Rams in Inglewood. Thankfully Minnesota got this done. I feel awful for St. Louis & San Diego fans. We'll see if LA fans support these teams.

###

The Rams and Chargers are expected to be approved for relocation to Inglewood, Cal.
Stan Kroenke's project is taking the day, with Dean Spanos and Mark Davis' Carson proposal dissolving as soon as the bargaining began. The expectation is that Davis will receive extra NFL loan money as he seeks a new stadium in Oakland, a development that is sure to gall Rams and Chargers fans. Official word could come as early as Tuesday evening. It's an exciting day for football fans in the nation's second-largest market, but an awful betrayal for San Diego and St. Louis.
I think there are still veiled threats that Davis could move to the San Antonio market and that he owns a big piece of land between Austin and SA. I'm not sure I want that to happen because of all the lowlifes that would be likely to follow the team out here.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

@UncleChaps
Done deal. Hue Jackson will be the next head coach of the Cleveland #Browns.
Over/Under on being there longer than 2 years?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Crax wrote: Over/Under on being there longer than 2 years?
He was pretty good as Wolverine but I don't know how I feel about him as a head coach. Wait ... never mind.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Cliff wrote: He was pretty good as Wolverine but I don't know how I feel about him as a head coach. Wait ... never mind.
It took you a minute to realize it was the Browns we were talking about? Not even wolverine could last there. Last 4 coaches lasted 2 years or less with Chudzinski lasting only 1 season.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Chip Kelly is the new head coach of the 49ers
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote:Chip Kelly is the new head coach of the 49ers
Bwahahahahahahaha.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

It'll be interesting to see what Chip can do with a quarterback that more closely seems to fit his offensive scheme and a pretty good running back (if he can come back healthy). Defense may need some work after all the turnover but I'm not sure there are a lot of missing pieces. The GM-Coach dynamic there may be interesting to watch. Baalke is kind of a power-hungry dude and Chip seems to have a lot of opinions on how his roster is constructed (he won't have control of the final 53 this time around). It'll be fun to watch their offseason moves and the draft.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

It feels like ole Chip just CRUSHED the Eagles for years to come and has moved on. I'd be so pissed if I were an Eagles fan.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:It feels like ole Chip just CRUSHED the Eagles for years to come and has moved on. I'd be so pissed if I were an Eagles fan.
I would too... and I'm somewhat surprised that SF would hire him after that.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

I do think Chip overall is a good coach. I do not think he is a good guy to be in charge of everything, plus that's too much for one guy IMHO to do these days. I do know what his role is going to be with the 49ers, but he may be able to resurrect Kaepernick.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hearing Brad Childress likely as the OC for Pederson
Pederson is new Eagles HC