Super Bowl I re-aired for the first time

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Super Bowl I re-aired for the first time

Post by DK Sweets »

First Super Bowl recovered after near half-century
On Friday night, Super Bowl I will air on NFL Network. Not just highlights and not just part of the game, but every single play. NFL Films went through an exhaustive process, searching through dozens of sources, and was able to find at least one camera angle of all 145 plays of the first Super Bowl and stitch it all together for the first time.

The game will air in its entirety on Friday along with audio from the original NBC radio broadcast, as well as additional footage including sideline footage of Packers coach Vince Lombardi, a postgame interview with Chiefs coach Hank Stram and a conversation between Commissioner Pete Rozelle and player-turned-broadcaster Pat Summerall.
I'm not sure how many people realize this, but as somebody who collects games, this is huge. The original game is considered the Holy Grail of NFL collections. This still isn't the original broadcast and this isn't the first reconstruction that's been done, but this will undoubtedly be the best.

I'm really excited for this.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Super Bowl I re-aired for the first time

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:First Super Bowl recovered after near half-century
I'm not sure how many people realize this, but as somebody who collects games, this is huge. The original game is considered the Holy Grail of NFL collections. This still isn't the original broadcast and this isn't the first reconstruction that's been done, but this will undoubtedly be the best.

I'm really excited for this.
Hoo Hoo thanks alot for posting this DK.

Sweet though, seriously this is #### awesome, the original broadcast would be immaculate though.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Super Bowl I re-aired for the first time

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Really? I just read an article on Thursday this couldn't be done. Is it only the first game (even thought hat alone would be nice), or a number of SB games? I cant read that article for some reason. Im still running windows 7 and never plans to use windows 8 or 10. I have had so many mind blowing headaches upgrading OS's that were supposed to be problem free.