PHP's "Way Too Early But I Love It" 2016 Mock Offseason

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: PHP's "Way Too Early But I Love It" 2016 Mock Offseason

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

IIsweet wrote:We need to look at what areas do we need to improve to beat playoff teams like Seattle, Denver, and Carolina.
Obviously, tonight, I hope to draft Roberto Aguayo the kicker from Florida State.
Next, the OL battled but we don't have an answer for a dominant interior DL. Nor can Kalil handle elite pass rushers. This interior has to be improved to give Teddy a pocket to step up into to throw. He's going backwards too often.
Another ball hawking Safety with ball skills.
A WR coach that teaches guys how to run routes. They're terrible. Too often pinching the sidelines giving Teddy no room to throw. Not having a feel of how to get open.

Most importantly, consistency! Teddy throws to open receivers. I rarely see him anticipate and throw to a spot before the WR breaks off his route. Timing, consistency, and familiarity create this.
With that being said, I don see much of a WR overhaul. I am hoping Wallace returns to a much lower contract.
I would much rather let Wallace go and draft Boyd. We need a big outside WR. i think we need to keep Harris and do something with either Fusco or Sully. I really like Vadal Alexander out of LSU. He can play both guard and tackle and provides us with a lot of versatility
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I would much rather let Wallace go and draft Boyd. ]
I know what you are saying, but like I said before, Wallace is the only established WR we had this season, and outside of Diggs, none of the others stepped up (whether it be Norv/Zimmer not letting them play, or some other reason). If we are going to get rid of a WR I would rather it be Thielen or Johnson.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote: I know what you are saying, but like I said before, Wallace is the only established WR we had this season, and outside of Diggs, none of the others stepped up (whether it be Norv/Zimmer not letting them play, or some other reason). If we are going to get rid of a WR I would rather it be Thielen or Johnson.
Well Wallace definitely shouldn't be coming back with that contract. And yeah he's "established" but so was Greg Jennings and neither of them made us a better team.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Well Wallace definitely shouldn't be coming back with that contract. And yeah he's "established" but so was Greg Jennings and neither of them made us a better team.
Maybe I wasn't clear, I meant restructure Wallace's contract (or give him a new one altogether). I have to believe he would accept some guaranteed money rather than be released.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
VikingFan50
Starter

Post by VikingFan50 »

Pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants Mike Wallace gone and off the Team after this Season, right? The guy did not produce the results we needed. Still say we need a Wideout like Calvin Johnson.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it.
John F. Kennedy
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

VikingFan50 wrote:Pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants Mike Wallace gone and off the Team after this Season, right? The guy did not produce the results we needed. Still say we need a Wideout like Calvin Johnson.

Is Johnson under contract? I assume he is.

I want Wallace back next year with a different contract. I don't know what his feelings are on returning though.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Maybe I wasn't clear, I meant restructure Wallace's contract (or give him a new one altogether). I have to believe he would accept some guaranteed money rather than be released.
I suppose. I wouldnt be against that. I mean I think he enjoyed being here and seemed like a good teammate but I would still take Boyd within the first two rounds regardless.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Is Johnson under contract? I assume he is.

I want Wallace back next year with a different contract. I don't know what his feelings are on returning though.
Johnson is back. Not understanding the healthy scratches lately with him though.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I suppose. I wouldnt be against that. I mean I think he enjoyed being here and seemed like a good teammate but I would still take Boyd within the first two rounds regardless.
That's fine, I just think of all the positions they need to address, WR is toward the bottom. OL and Safety would be the top two for sure, and I would say OL is priority #1 and #2.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingFan50 wrote:Pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants Mike Wallace gone and off the Team after this Season, right? The guy did not produce the results we needed. Still say we need a Wideout like Calvin Johnson.
We also didnt have the passing game for him to produce either
-Chazz Palminteri
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Wallace cost's nothing in dead money if they cut him next year.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Raptorman wrote:Wallace cost's nothing in dead money if they cut him next year.
That is why it is very tempting
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingFan50
Starter

Post by VikingFan50 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:We also didnt have the passing game for him to produce either
That's mostly thanks to our 'wonderful' Offensive Line... :roll:
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it.
John F. Kennedy
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I would much rather let Wallace go and draft Boyd. We need a big outside WR. i think we need to keep Harris and do something with either Fusco or Sully. I really like Vadal Alexander out of LSU. He can play both guard and tackle and provides us with a lot of versatility
What if Wallace takes a big cut *and* Spielman grabs Boyd?

I know that Wallace didn't exactly tear it up and had his struggles, but what if the Vikings get the offensive line protection issues resolved and Teddy starts to get enough time to let the deep routes develop? Wallace is immensely talented, and we know Spielman brought him in because Turner wanted that legit deep threat. Seems to me he could still be that, but I agree he needs to come way down on his salary. Not sure if he'll take the cut, but if so, I'd like to see what he can do with another year working with Teddy.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

I am ready for AD to be gone. I am so sick of his costly fumbles and his huge contract. It would be nice to send him to Dallas for a 2nd round pick and maybe a decent O-linemen.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.