Seahawks @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread - Wild Card Rd

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Seahawks @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread - Wild Car

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

tmscr wrote:It's been about 5 hours since the game ended. Perfectly fine to blow off some steam.
I think we're beyond that but ok
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

tmscr wrote: That and a few quarters will get you a call to your mother.

I don't get it.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

tmscr wrote: Vikings now have 28 playoff losses. Most in nfl history.
And Walsh's FG miss was his shortest FG he has ever missed!! You just can't make this $hit up.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
VikingFan50
Starter

Post by VikingFan50 »

Either Walsh or our Holder needs to be gone by next Season. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for them, but this is a Professional Sport and they get paid to make sure that Chip Shots like that are made. :deadhorse:
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it.
John F. Kennedy
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

purplehaze wrote:I am not sure what you call it. Choking? Karma? Jinx? Curse? Bad Luck? Evil Spell?
Going full "Vikings"
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

dead_poet wrote: Going full "Vikings"
Word.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
VikingFan50
Starter

Post by VikingFan50 »

Actually, I take back what I said. Didn't know Locke was the one holding the ball for Walsh. Both of them should be gone. Hopefully we can find someone who can at least hit the short ones, and are decent long.
Vince Lombardi

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it.
John F. Kennedy
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

VikingFan50 wrote:Either Walsh or our Holder needs to be gone by next Season. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for them, but this is a Professional Sport and they get paid to make sure that Chip Shots like that are made. :deadhorse:
Well than so should Peterson. After all, it's his job to hold on to the ball when he is carrying it. Correct?
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
VikingFan50
Starter

Post by VikingFan50 »

Raptorman wrote: Well than so should Peterson. After all, it's his job to hold on to the ball when he is carrying it. Correct?
I'm honestly all for doing something about Peterson too. His fumblitis has been an issue ever since he entered the league even if he fixed it for a few years. :confused:
Vince Lombardi

John F. Kennedy
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

We can really only get better for next year. Our studs are locked in. We'll have another solid draft. We'll address a few needs in free agency. We'll be back indoors. Our guys love playing for Zimmer. We'll beat the teams we should beat and probably a couple contenders next year. We'll come back hungry. Go Vikes.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

VikingFan50 wrote: I'm honestly all for doing something about Peterson too. His fumblitis has been an issue ever since he entered the league even if he fixed it for a few years. :confused:
I think the offense works better without Peterson myself. But that's just me. It would be interesting to see the stats on the offense with Peterson on the sidelines.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Raptorman wrote: I think the offense works better without Peterson myself. But that's just me. It would be interesting to see the stats on the offense with Peterson on the sidelines.
I agree. Him and Teddy don't mesh. Teddy is way more comfortable out of the gun and AP can't run out of the gun. I wouldnt be too upset if we could somehow get some good value for him and drafted a RB
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

TSonn wrote:We can really only get better for next year. Our studs are locked in. We'll have another solid draft. We'll address a few needs in free agency. We'll be back indoors. Our guys love playing for Zimmer. We'll beat the teams we should beat and probably a couple contenders next year. We'll come back hungry. Go Vikes.
This is my look on things as well. I have FULL confidence in Spielman and Zimmer
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingFan50
Starter

Post by VikingFan50 »

Raptorman wrote:I think the offense works better without Peterson myself. But that's just me. It would be interesting to see the stats on the offense with Peterson on the sidelines.
I'm ready for the McKinnon Show, I think he's miles better in the Passing Game as well as Protection. I love his North South, run hard attitude as well.
Vince Lombardi

John F. Kennedy
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

tmscr wrote: They will certainly benefit from having played in a close playoff game. I just hope the gut-wrenching way in which they lost doesn't put into place any kind of mental block that you do sometimes see (hello cincy). Let's face it, the vikings clubs have been mental midgets for decades. Think there won't be a big time FG attempt next year or whenever they make the playoffs again? Even if they lost against Arizona, a win in this game would have been exponentially beneficial. The pregame prognostications mattered not when it was 9-0 going into the 4th. They choked. Again. Not a good first playoff experience for this new regime.
I agree with this. It would have been better had Seattle outplayed them and won by 10 points or so. But this is the type of game that will get in the psyche of a young team, and it will be extremely difficult to overcome. Its hard to close out close games when you "know" you're going to lose.