Seahawks @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread - Wild Card Rd

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

SP1966
Franchise Player

Re: Seahawks @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread - Wild Car

Post by SP1966 »

Raptorman wrote:Because the first year if I switched, the Vikings would win the Super Bowl.
It's been nice knowing ya, good luck with your new team next year!

:tongue:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

TSonn wrote: Ding ding ding!
If you look at his profile, the thread he most participated in is the Teddy Bridgewater thread. Go figure.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
He shanked it. Missed it completely. He choked. God, why make excuses for a professional NFL player? He chocked.
You are completely missing my point. I know he's a choker. Everyone on the Vikings should know it as well. That's why everyone should have made it a priority to line him up on the right hash, knowing full well that he'd shank it from the left.

I agree, don't make excuses for Walsh. Fire him for all I care. But at that point in the game, with the most important kick of the season on the line and with Walsh as your kicker, you need to line him up on the right no matter what.
Last edited by w_huisman on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

mosscarter wrote:i know all you guys hate me, but the truth is is shouldn't have came down to that. until we can actually be more agressive offensively we won't win the big game anyway. i'm not sure how we won 11 games to be honest it defies logic with this poor of a passing game.
Naw. People are emotional and frustrated, but I doubt anyone truly *hates* you.

This game definitely wasn't lost by Bridgewater. Plus, the deeper passes he attempted both looked really good. Seattle defenders just made outstanding plays on both.

Bridgewater has some work to do for sure, and the way I see it he has one season to do it. If he's only got 14 TDs at this point next season I think you'll find few who disagree with you that it's time to move in a different direction or at the very least try to find a viable alternative.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

mosscarter wrote:sneax zero football knowledge?? how about a qb who has thrown for under 200 yards 8 games this season? explain to me how that is going to win us a championship performing at that level because i'd like to hear your knowledge regarding those high school statistics.
I already showed you that Aikman won 3 with nearly identical stats. You ignore it.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:One more year and the SB hope is smashed. I may as well realize the Vikings wont win a SB while I am alive. What a depressing thought. I wonder if Michael Bennett knows why god hates the vikings so much.
Did we think this was our Super Bowl year? I think most of us thought we was at least a year away.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote: Did we think this was our Super Bowl year? I think most of us thought we was at least a year away.
No, but Seattle is the only team we really don't match up well against, IMO. Get past them and anything is possible.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

Raptorman wrote:Because the first year if I switched, the Vikings would win the Super Bowl.

Well if that's what it takes to win a SB. Grt the hell outta here would ya. Thanks for taking one for the team.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Mothman wrote:All I have to say is the Vikings really know how to "turn the knife", don't they?

It was a good game and a good season. I wish the outcome had been better but hopefully, they'll be a better team next year and they'll learn enough from this loss to win in the postseason next year.
It was an outstanding season to be honest. If we weren't Vikings fans we'd have good reason to be very optimistic heading into next season actually. One of the youngest teams in football this year that saw a lot of the youngest guys outperform and even start or play significant roles throughout the year. They'll be opening a new stadium next year. The QB, while not a world beater, is still really young and showed at times he had command of the offense and the field. The WR corps has tons of promise, and the defense showed it can play. A few missing pieces get filled and the team matures and who knows?

Can't believe I'm writing the above right now, but as certain as I was that the Vikes would lose this game against the Seahawks somehow, I'm strangely equally certain this team is going to be a major factor next year. Weird...
glenecho
Veteran

Post by glenecho »

Walsh should be released asap. His confidence will never recover and as a Viking fan I really kind of just never want to see him again. Inexcusable to go out that way. Emotional whatever but I won't feel different about him come next year. I hope he never suits up for us again.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Been a fan since 1971, the playoff loses hurt more as the years go by.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

vikesfan87 wrote:I'm running the danger of sinking into the mentality that no matter what the Vikings do there will be some supernatural force working against them.
I agree.....Is there any fan out there (for say 3 decades) that thought the vikings would win, even when Walsh was lining up the kick?

Even if he made it, the Seahawks still would have scored in the final 26 seconds.

They should have moved 2 years ago and changed their name. There is just too much negative aura around this team to even win.
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

Husker Vike wrote:Been a fan since 1971, the playoff loses hurt more as the years go by.
Thanks... that's exactly what I needed to hear.... :(
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

VikingPaul73 wrote:
I agree.....Is there any fan out there (for say 3 decades) that thought the vikings would win, even when Walsh was lining up the kick?

Even if he made it, the Seahawks still would have scored in the final 26 seconds.

They should have moved 2 years ago and changed their name. There is just too much negative aura around this team to ever WIN
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Really want Washington to WHOMP the Pack now.