Does Carolina go undefeated?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

TeddyBaller
Starter

Re: Does Carolina go undefeated?

Post by TeddyBaller »

Jordysghost wrote:BWAHAHAHAHA.

Did, did you just say Cam is better then Rodgers? LMAO bruh, do you want to just go ahead and admit that you have nothing to back that up in the way of statistics and call it a day? Or are are you going to make me post the numerous statistics proving that to be wrong?

Again Rodgers is the greatest statistical QB in NFL history, he leads every single major passing statistic in the NFL, Cam hasn't even surpassed Brees legacy yet, let slone Rodgers.

Noone in the league would even think twice about who they would rather play against between Rodgers and Cam, Rodgers is so far ahead this conversation is laughable.

im talkiing about the present you are still talking about the PAST.... the present is that Cam is currently better than rodgers.. not opinion, but a fact
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

TeddyBaller wrote:
im talkiing about the present you are still talking about the PAST.... the present is that Cam is currently better than rodgers.. not opinion, but a fact

Aside from the fact that that is a roundabout way of thinking, I mean, by that logic Nick Foles was better then Brady, Manning, and Rodgers a few years ago..

Your still wrong, Cam has the same amount of passing TDs, more INTS and a lower passer rating then Rodgers.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

and less yards, and a lower completion pct.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
TeddyBaller
Starter

Post by TeddyBaller »

Jordysghost wrote:Bro, you may want to delete that post before more people see that you said that..

Rodgers has the highest passer rating in NFL history, Cam has a career passer rating of 87.3

Hell, even this year in a vaccume, Rodgers STILL has more TDs, less picks, and a better rating,

Cam has 35 total td's this year... rodgers does not have more than that, plus Cam has more total yards than Erin

lol i just checked, Cam is destroying erin in the stats department, from yards per attempt, to rush yards per attempt, to rush yards, to total yards, keep in mind, sometimes Cam is so dominant he doesnt play the 4th quarter

Cam in the last 6 weeks is second in total qbr, and is leading the best offfensive team in football and he is doing it without the gronkoski's of the world
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

TeddyBaller wrote:
Cam has 35 total td's this year... rodgers does not have more than that, plus Cam has more total yards than Erin

lol i just checked, Cam is destroying erin in the stats department, from yards per attempt, to rush yards per attempt, to rush yards, to total yards, keep in mind, sometimes Cam is so dominant he doesnt play the 4th quarter

Cam in the last 6 weeks is second in total qbr, and is leading the best offfensive team in football and he is doing it without the gronkoski's of the world
And that falls within the category of your opinion if you think his added rushing stats make up for his clearly inferior passing statistics, being that they are QBs, I don't, but it is close.

Again, better passer rating, same amount of passing TDs, 5 less picks, better completion pct, and more yards, It looks like there is definitely a strong case to be made that it is less of a 'fact' as you insist, and more of an 'opinion.' :wink:

Btw, QBR is some silly joke made up by ESPN, nobody takes or has taken it seriously since 2011 when Tebow graded out higher then the MVP at the time, Rodgers, passer rating is what you are looking for.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

In fact, Cams 35 total TDs as compared to Rodgers 29 total TDs is mitigated by Cams 8 additional Turnovers.
TeddyBaller
Starter

Post by TeddyBaller »

Jordysghost wrote:In fact, Cams 35 total TDs as compared to Rodgers 29 total TDs is mitigated by Cams 8 additional Turnovers.

will be intresting to see where the nfl players have cam and wilson ranked in the top 100 in comparison to manning, luck, rodgers, etc
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

TeddyBaller wrote:
will be intresting to see where the nfl players have cam and wilson ranked in the top 100 in comparison to manning, luck, rodgers, etc
I personally don't care about shallow popularity contests like the top 100, I care more about on field statistics and production, tangible things that don't fall within the realm of opinion, but I also counter that putting Rodgers in the same breath as Manning and Luck this year is passively insulting.. lol.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Jordysghost wrote: I personally don't care about shallow popularity contests like the top 100, I care more about on field statistics and production, tangible things that don't fall within the realm of opinion, but I also counter that putting Rodgers in the same breath as Manning and Luck this year is passively insulting.. lol.
How about Newton and Wilson, do they cause insult too?
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

TeddyBaller wrote: im talkiing about the present you are still talking about the PAST.... the present is that Cam is currently better than rodgers.. not opinion, but a fact
Bro, you have got to stop saying this. Your opinion does not become fact just because you make an online decree.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Jordysghost wrote:In fact, Cams 35 total TDs as compared to Rodgers 29 total TDs is mitigated by Cams 8 additional Turnovers.
Newton also provided 42 first downs with his legs compared to Rodger's 18. That's a pretty big deal.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

And look what Cam has to work with compared to Rodgers. Put Rodgers on that team and he still does well just because he is an elite QB. However, he would not come close to what Cam is doing. In fact, what Cam Newton is doing this year is remarkable.

Cam is the MVP this season without a doubt in my mind.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: And look what Cam has to work with compared to Rodgers. Put Rodgers on that team and he still does well just because he is an elite QB. However, he would not come close to what Cam is doing. In fact, what Cam Newton is doing this year is remarkable.

Cam is the MVP this season without a doubt in my mind.
What Cam has to work with compared to Rodgers? Huh? There is no way his WRs are as slow an inept as Rodgers, and his team hasn't been ravaged by injury with every top 5 WR and O lineman missing time for a nagging injury of some sort.

I actually agree Cam is this years MVP, but Rodgers has still done more with less at other points in his career, Cam will never have a season as good as Rodgers 2014 or 2011, and when it is said an done Cam won't even have a place being mentioned with Rodgers.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: Newton also provided 42 first downs with his legs compared to Rodger's 18. That's a pretty big deal.
Typically I would say to compare the total number of first downs picked up with both their arms and their legs, but this year Cam would still get the better of those numbers, the Packers have not been very good on third down this year unfortunately.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Jordysghost wrote: What Cam has to work with compared to Rodgers? Huh? There is no way his WRs are as slow an inept as Rodgers, and his team hasn't been ravaged by injury with every top 5 WR and O lineman missing time for a nagging injury of some sort.

I actually agree Cam is this years MVP, but Rodgers has still done more with less at other points in his career, Cam will never have a season as good as Rodgers 2014 or 2011, and when it is said an done Cam won't even have a place being mentioned with Rodgers.
Rodgers' receivers are inept? Are you joking me? Point to me who on the Pathers has the same skill set of Randal Cobb? James Jones? Devante Adams? Hell, even Ty Montgomery and Jeff Janis have more skill than most of their receivers.

Carolina has also had to deal with injuries - just like the Packers and just like the Vikings. Their pro-bowl caliber receiver, Kevlin Benjamin, never got to take a single snap this season. Devin Fuchness didn't see the field until after midway through the season as he battled injuries.

I don't agree that Rodgers has EVER done more with less than Cam. Rodgers has always had at least Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, or Randall Cobb for every season has started a game. Please tell me WHO on the Panthers can match that production at wide receiver.

Rodgers is an elite QB who I respect very much. But don't sit here and try to tell me he hasn't had some stability at receiver throughout his career. That is just simply not true.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.