Where my Iowa Hawkeyes brethren?

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Where my Iowa Hawkeyes brethren?

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

It pains me to not talk about Iowa here, but... I cannot due to certain reasons.

All I will say is don't sleep on this team, and go Hawks.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:It pains me to not talk about Iowa here, but... I cannot due to certain reasons.
It's the government, isn't it?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Desmond King with yet another interception. He's up to 8 now, which I think is the most in CFB and tied for season most in school history with a lesser-known guy just by the name of Nile Kinnick (1939 Heisman Trophy winner for which Iowa’s home stadium is named).
That doesn’t come naturally. Sophomore safety Miles Taylor said it’s astonishing how much film King studies. He's looking at opposing offenses in his free time, on his off days. Anybody that says hard work doesn’t pay off is a liar,” Taylor said. “You see it with Desmond.”
http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports ... /75240544/

King now has 11 interceptions in his last 17 games as a Hawkeye. Something to keep an eye on during the draft. Doesn't quite have the height Zimmer likes, though (5'11). But ball skills are kind of important. And I'm not sure there's a "top" corner taller than 6'0 or 6'1 coming out in the draft, either. But I might be wrong about that.

The Hawks are now 9-0. Yeah, I didn't see this coming. But boy is it fun. I can't imagine they'll go undefeated but hey...I didn't expect this either.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

anybody watching?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Needless to say I never saw this season coming. WOW. It really goes to show you how far you can get having a dominant offensive line and rushing offense with an opportunistic defense. I'm so freaking pumped. I have a feeling we're going to get crushed by Michigan State in the Big 10 Conference Championship, though. Still, nothing can take away this historic season. Super pumped.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Needless to say I never saw this season coming. WOW. It really goes to show you how far you can get having a dominant offensive line and rushing offense with an opportunistic defense. I'm so freaking pumped. I have a feeling we're going to get crushed by Michigan State in the Big 10 Conference Championship, though. Still, nothing can take away this historic season. Super pumped.
Congratulations. You should be pumped and for what it's worth, I think that Big 10 Championship game is basically a "pick 'em" game. Iowa definitely has a shot to win. Good luck!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Teams continue to prove how to build winning programs, and yet the Gophers still sit there picking their ####. So frustrating.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: Congratulations. You should be pumped and for what it's worth, I think that Big 10 Championship game is basically a "pick 'em" game. Iowa definitely has a shot to win. Good luck!
Thanks! Didn't your NIU have a good season, too?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote: Thanks! Didn't your NIU have a good season, too?

They did! They won the MAC West and they will be playing in the MAC Championship game on Friday night.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

feeling sad I just realized the closest Division One school is Sacramento State .... :(

there like the Browns of division one teams ,,, sigh
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

I grew up in Missouri, and I'm back here for college so I'm a Mizzou fan, but i went to high school in des moines so Ive gotten to know the Hawkeyes. I have several friends attending so I visit them every once in awhile, and damn is Iowa City amazing. Its been a great season so far, and lets hope they can finish off MSU and make it to the playoff! Also remember Ryan Boyle in a couple years, he might be the starting QB in 2-3 years. I went to high school with him, and no big deal but he spotted me on a bench press once lol.

Go Hawks!
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

So sorry, DP. :(

When you're ready to talk about it, would you have let them score?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Sorry about the loss, Dead_poet. I can sympathize after watching NIU lose the MAC Championship on Friday (with a freshman QB making his first start).

Iowa played a heck of a game, as did Michigan State. It was fun to watch, especially that 85 yard TD pass. The Hawkeyes almost stopped the Spartans there at the end but I have to give Michigan State credit for putting together one heck of a drive to win it. As a neutral fan (I like both teams) it was great football, two tough teams giving it everything they had.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Funkytown wrote:So sorry, DP. :(

When you're ready to talk about it, would you have let them score?

It's a very difficult decision, that's for sure. Personally, I thought Iowa made a good choice. Aside from the long TD, their offense was having a tough time in the second half.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Mothman wrote:
It's a very difficult decision, that's for sure. Personally, I thought Iowa made a good choice. Aside from the long TD, their offense was having a tough time in the second half.
I just realized, poor DP had a REALLY rough weekend with his sports teams. Watch out tomorrow! He's gonna be cranky. :D