Lions-Packers TNF

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Lions-Packers TNF

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

Wish we could get Stafford and Megatron... oh man... what a thought. Fudgies would be toys to us.
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Skoltastic_Voyage wrote:Wish we could get Stafford and Megatron... oh man... what a thought. Fudgies would be toys to us.
The cap ramifications from those two players would alter the entire structure of your roster.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Rieux wrote: That is simply a blatant denial of reality. You can say it over and over again—and boy, have you ever done that on this thread tonight—but it doesn't make your description any less dishonest.
His finger(s) pulling his jersey, or neck, is what cause the great performance Mr Rogers, to turn his head like that. The ref were quick to call that, to give their Packer 1 more shot at winning.

Please, dont mention the Fail Mary here again. Ever. We get it, the Packers got screwed. Once. Go troll some other board.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: His finger(s) pulling his jersey, or neck, is what cause the great performance Mr Rogers, to turn his head like that. The ref were quick to call that, to give their Packer 1 more shot at winning.

Please, dont mention the Fail Mary here again. Ever. We get it, the Packers got screwed. Once. Go troll some other board.
Debatable, me and Dean Blandino seem to have perceived it differently then a few of you apparently.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Oh, and Dean Blandino's name. Go back to your Packer boards and lets them know what a great job your doing trolling the VMB. Then please, go away. You've had your fun.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Oh, and Dean Blandino's name. Go back to your Packer boards and lets them know what a great job your doing trolling the VMB. Then please, go away. You've had your fun.
Agreeing with a call that you didn't like occuring does not constitute trolling.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote:Calvin taking the secret elevator out of the stadium after that junk.

iWPMl9H7Upj
What is this? I see Matt throwing his hat, but does Calvin just melt? Thats pretty funny.

BTW, why wasnt one of the best, tallest receivers in the NFL, not in the endzone on Mr Rogers Hail Mary? Some little. 6 foot or so guy just slides over and makes the catch? If I were a conspiracy theorist.....
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: What is this? I see Matt throwing his hat, but does Calvin just melt? Thats pretty funny.

BTW, why wasnt one of the best, tallest receivers in the NFL, not in the endzone on Mr Rogers Hail Mary? Some little. 6 foot or so guy just slides over and makes the catch? If I were a conspiracy theorist.....
Caldwell said that it was because they were anticipating another lateral play.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

But really, Ive only seen something like this done with comedians, like walking down imaginary steps. Im pretty dense, im wondering if this is so Photoshop/Illustrator type of image?
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

PurpleKoolaid wrote:But really, Ive only seen something like this done with comedians, like walking down imaginary steps. Im pretty dense, im wondering if this is so Photoshop/Illustrator type of image?
The man fell to his knees after the fudgies were gift wrapped another play (cough* game).

Edit: many grammatical errors and drunk... #### work I will die working.
Last edited by Skoltastic_Voyage on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Jordysghost wrote: The cap ramifications from those two players would alter the entire structure of your roster.
They would play this rest of this year for free... for revenge. How viking would that be?
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Skoltastic_Voyage wrote: The man feel to his knees after the fudgies were gift wrapped another play (cough* game).
I've put forth several calls in several games as a counterpoint to the asinine rationalization that they are being 'gifted' games, but it appears as if you would rather ignore them.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Skoltastic_Voyage wrote: They would play this rest of this year for free... for revenge. How viking would that be?
Did you guys pay Favre alot? I can't remember if he came in on some sort of deal, value wise.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:Did you guys pay Favre alot? I can't remember if he came in on some sort of deal, value wise.
They paid him a lot. It was something like $25 million over 2 years.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Well I'm sure everyone is already sick to death about this topic, and maybe I'm a little late to chime in, but here's my 2 cents anyway. I originally thought it was a facemask as well, when it happened live. The way the head jerked, yeah it looked pretty obvious, so I completely understand why the refs threw the flag. It turned out to be the wrong call, and I don't know how anyone can still be denying it now. Penalties can't be reviewed so it is what it is. I don't think (on that particular play) the refs had any bias, they just missed the call.
S197 wrote:Wasn't a facemask, brushing the facemask isn't a penalty you need to pull it. I can see how a ref would miss it in real time but anyone looking at it on replay and thinks that's a penalty doesn't know the rule. I guarantee there will be talk about it and it will be said it was a bad call.
Nailed it! Jordy you could have saved yourself a whole lot of backlash in this thread if you just said this and moved on.
me4get wrote:That why refs judgement calls are much BS, calling what they think happened, no what actualling happened, Need to review all calls.
I've been saying this for as long as I can remember. Penalties need to be reviewable. They have just as much impact on a game as any other play. PI and personal fouls definitely need to be reviewable. This game had at least 2 very bad PI calls (see below). Refs are human and they have to call this stuff live so it's understandable if this miss some calls, but there's no reason not to make them reviewable knowing they miss some. They can eliminate a lot of these conspiracy theories.
Jordysghost wrote:Hell the Fail Mary was a million times more egregious than this even if you guys were correct, lol. Just relax man, im not trying to troll you, ill try to come off as less antagonistic from now on.
And here's the difference with the fail mary. Vikings fans, hell every fan everywhere agrees that the Packers got jobbed. Nobody denies the overwhelming evidence smacking them in the face about it. But guess what? Those were replacement refs and they were all fired by the Thursday night game that week when they brought the real officials back. Think about all the bad calls that came before the fail mary that screwed other teams. The league waited until the Packers got screwed before they finally realized they needed to do something.
Jordysghost wrote:Can I politely inquire to your opinion on the Abbredaris PI no call? Did you think it was a good no call?
I take it you haven't seen the replay? Abbredaris should have been called for PI, not the Lions. Doesn't look like he's playing the ball to me. Clearly looks like he tackled the defender who was the only one playing the ball. He probably prevented a game ending interception and got away with it. Weird how 2 consecutive calls went the Packers way with the game on the line. I still blame the Lions though, for not being able to defend against a friggin 60 yard hail mary.

Jordysghost wrote:I'd agree, had his thumb not caused the turn of the facemask.
10 people have shoved the actual rule in your face about this already and you still can't admit it was the wrong call. You can actually grab the facemask now as long as you let go. It's call incidental contact, and this play was about as incidental as it gets. Listen to your own words, "his thumb". The video clearly shows it was an open palm. Can't grasp unless your fingers are curled.
TSonn wrote:Jordy - it's the "grasping" part of the rule. There was no grasp. The defender never closed his hand or his thumb while it was in the facemask. Sure, the helmet moved. Helmets move on every big hit.

Let's try an experiment - can you grasp a can of soda while using your thumb without bending your thumb?
See this Jordy? It can't be made anymore clear to you.
saint33 wrote:“No player shall grasp AND control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction"

in case you didn't see it the first time. And then this

"If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul."
More clarity. How is this not sinking in Jordy? Do you understand language? Now apply what everyone has told you here with the video you see. You have some serious denial going on. Don't worry Jordy, they're not going to take the win away from the Packers if you personally admit it was a bad call. Even if every Packers fan everywhere and the Packers organization themselves begged the league to concede their victory to the Lions, it still wouldn't happen.
TSonn wrote:Oh, here's a good example of what grasping a facemask looks like: http://imgur.com/b7SdNxA
And sadly that one didn't draw a flag. Teddy has received numerous hits to the head, facemasks, late hits, and hits to the knees that haven't been called. The kid has to get knocked out by a blatant elbow to the dome to actually draw a flag. And even on that play the flag came out pretty late.
Jordysghost wrote:Likewise! :) feels good to beat them after the refs took our win from us last time thanks to non called PIs and tried to do the same again, Ill enjoy this one for sure.
If you want people to believe you, you have to produce your own evidence. Most of us didn't get to watch that game. But you know what I didn't see or hear about? The entire country talking about how the Packers got jobbed in that game, only Packers fans. Unlike this game where the whole country seems to be in agreement that the Lions got jobbed. My brother is a lifelong Packers fan and he even said it was a bad call.
Skoltastic_Voyage wrote:the was the stupidest #### PI call I ever saw
Going by the timeline, I think you were talking about this call at the time. The 2nd and 21 bomb from their own 10 yard line. It was probably the right call IMO. Defender interfered with the receiver without playing the ball.
Jordysghost wrote: Oh please dude, how was that not PI?

Yes I felt there was a large number of uncalled PI against the Lions last matchup, they don't owe us #### but I fail to see how that wasn't PI just there.
Jordysghost wrote: :confused: It looked like a whole lot of pre throw contact to me. The Rodgers one I disagree with.
The 2nd PI later that half looks to be complete BS though. This was 3rd and 11, Detroit up 17-0 with 5:40 remaining in the half. Thankfully the Packers didn't score after either PI.

"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh