Lions-Packers TNF

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Lions-Packers TNF

Post by Purple bruise »

Anyone else sick and tired of logging on to the VIKING MESSAGE BOARD and reading all of the Packer rant :wallbang:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple bruise wrote:Anyone else sick and tired of logging on to the VIKING MESSAGE BOARD and reading all of the Packer rant :wallbang:
I'm tired of you complaining about it.

Seriously, as long as fans of other teams follow board rules, they can be here. This thread is titled Lions-Packers TNF and it's in the NFL Talk section. Anybody who came into it not expecting Packers talk has nobody to blame but themselves.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Calvin taking the secret elevator out of the stadium after that junk.

iWPMl9H7Upj
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote: I'm tired of you complaining about it.

Seriously, as long as fans of other teams follow board rules, they can be here. This thread is titled Lions-Packers TNF and it's in the NFL Talk section. Anybody who came into it not expecting Packers talk has nobody to blame but themselves.
I was not referring to just this thread but what you say goes.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

How about getting mad at Detroit for scoring only 6 points inthe second half... or for allowing 27 points in the second half... ot for not putting Calvin Johnson in the endzone on the hail mary... or for going after Rodgers on the last play rather than keeping him in the pocket... or for not coaching their defenders to look for the ball on the last play rather than staring at the Packer WRs... or for calling ultra-conservative playcalls on the last drive when they needed to run out the clock.

Even if it was the worst call in the history of sports, Detroit lost the game, and Green Bay took advantage. This whining is a new low for Viking fans, IMO. It's embarrassing.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Superman
Backup

Post by Superman »

I have seen the defense of the facemask use the words "push" and "pull" and am wondering if it is understood that these terms are mutually exclusive. The actions oppose each other. How can you be so sure of what you saw, while simultaneously contradicting yourself? The only actions I see at work here are neither pull nor push, but a reach.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:How about getting mad at Detroit for scoring only 6 points inthe second half... or for allowing 27 points in the second half... ot for not putting Calvin Johnson in the endzone on the hail mary... or for going after Rodgers on the last play rather than keeping him in the pocket... or for not coaching their defenders to look for the ball on the last play rather than staring at the Packer WRs... or for calling ultra-conservative playcalls on the last drive when they needed to run out the clock.

Even if it was the worst call in the history of sports, Detroit lost the game, and Green Bay took advantage. This whining is a new low for Viking fans, IMO. It's embarrassing.
Well said. I thought it was a shaky call because the contact with the facemask was so incidental but the bottom line is Detroit lost the game. They had chances to put it away and they blew it. The refs gave Green Bay an extra play on the call but the Lions needed to just suck it up and close out the game with a final stop on a freakin' Hail Mary and they didn't get it done. Last night I said the officials cost them the game but the truth is, even with the extra play, they did that to themselves.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Stupid, stupid, STUPID Lions.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Mothman wrote: Well said. I thought it was a shaky call because the contact with the facemask was so incidental but the bottom line is Detroit lost the game. They had chances to put it away and they blew it. The refs gave Green Bay an extra play on the call but the Lions needed to just suck it up and close out the game with a final stop on a freakin' Hail Mary and they didn't get it done. Last night I said the officials cost them the game but the truth is, even with the extra play, they did that to themselves.
Yes, the Packers took advantage of a bad call but would they have made the call without Rodgers selling it? I think that's what I'm most upset about. I've seen more flopping in football recently and I can really only love one sport (the NBA) that allows players to flop to get a call.

Rodgers is so dang good already that it bugs the crap out of me that he also sells out for penalties. Just like when Lebron flops or whines.

Teddy sold a hit a few weeks ago and that bugged me, too.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

TSonn wrote:Yes, the Packers took advantage of a bad call but would they have made the call without Rodgers selling it? I think that's what I'm most upset about. I've seen more flopping in football recently and I can really only love one sport (the NBA) that allows players to flop to get a call.
:lol:
Rodgers is so dang good already that it bugs the crap out of me that he also sells out for penalties. Just like when Lebron flops or whines.

I'm with you. That behavior bugs me. Just a play or two before the facemask call last night, Green Bay attempted a deep pass that was well-defended by a Lions DB playing the ball and the receiver, Rodgers, and other Packers were all standing around after the play with their hands in the air and "What? No call?" expressions on their faces, just expecting to be bailed out by the referees. :steamed:
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

Is he gone for good?
Viking fan since '65
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

TSonn wrote: Yes, the Packers took advantage of a bad call but would they have made the call without Rodgers selling it? I think that's what I'm most upset about. I've seen more flopping in football recently and I can really only love one sport (the NBA) that allows players to flop to get a call.

THIS I agree with. Flopping in the NFL is as bad as it is in the NBA. Especially with the WRs... they all whine every poass that is thrown to them. It is so annoying.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Mothman wrote: I'm tired of you complaining about it.

Thank you...
Vincent Vega
Rookie

Post by Vincent Vega »

Do you know who complains about referees? Losers.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote: :lol:
I'm with you. That behavior bugs me. Just a play or two before the facemask call last night, Green Bay attempted a deep pass that was well-defended by a Lions DB playing the ball and the receiver, Rodgers, and other Packers were all standing around after the play with their hands in the air and "What? No call?" expressions on their faces, just expecting to be bailed out by the referees. :steamed:
Are you talking about the blatant PI that wasn't called on Abbredaris's defender? There should have been a flag, but the refs have made it a point this year to let Lions DBs mug Packers WRs, one could just as easily blame the outcome of the last time we played them on such ridiculous non calls (People who are into that kind of thing anyway) as could you had the Packers not made one of the most incredible hail marys in football.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011