Manziel benched (again)...

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

UK Phil
Franchise Player

Manziel benched (again)...

Post by UK Phil »

What are people's thoughts on this?

I don't see the big deal. He went out, had a few drinks in a bye week. Boo f****ing hoo! The NFL currently has players playing who have been accused (and convicted of some horrendous crimes).

Johnny goes for a few beers one night and the world erupts. I just don't get it.

22 years old. Just let the guy get on with his football and let's see if he can do the business on the field. Stop harassing him off it.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Manziel benched (again)...

Post by PurpleMustReign »

UK Phil wrote:What are people's thoughts on this?

I don't see the big deal. He went out, had a few drinks in a bye week. Boo f****ing hoo! The NFL currently has players playing who have been accused (and convicted of some horrendous crimes).

Johnny goes for a few beers one night and the world erupts. I just don't get it.

22 years old. Just let the guy get on with his football and let's see if he can do the business on the field. Stop harassing him off it.
Well it was the Browns... I Can see why they were upset. They told him to behave, and I guess they thought he didn't. He can't stay out of his own way.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Manziel spent 10 weeks in a treatment facility during the offseason for undisclosed reasons, reportedly for substance abuse problems. I imagine that's why the Browns consider this a big deal and if he's an alcoholic who is already slipping back into habits he tried to break earlier this year by going to the aforementioned treatment facility, it IS a big deal.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

He admitted to be drinking the day of the freeway incident as well.

Pretty much all of the beat writers and team sources have said its an drug issue of some
kind, or multiple kinds. :ripple:

some people just can't drink, its that simple...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Kidfozzy
Starter

Post by Kidfozzy »

Johnny Manziel
Justin Blackmon
Josh Gordon.

The three J's, what could've been.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Justin Blackmon .. I actually kinda wanted him too....I heard the GM saying he couldn't even keep
a current contact number with Blackmon ... wow
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

Watching the game... yeah Austin Davis making some great plays... off the bench lol
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Welp that was something...

Edit: just for the record anyone who wanted that clown Manziel on the Vikes has an appointment with nurse Ratchet.
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Skoltastic_Voyage wrote:Welp that was something...

Edit: just for the record anyone who wanted that clown Manziel on the Vikes has an appointment with nurse Ratchet.
I'll admit it: I was one of those. I still think his ability on the field may make him an asset (he had been showing signs of growth), though it's beyond clear that his personality/attitude/maturity is derailing his career. It'll be interesting to see what the Browns do now that McCown is likely done for the year. Whatever they do, knowing the Browns, it'll be the wrong decision.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

dead_poet wrote: I'll admit it: I was one of those. I still think his ability on the field may make him an asset (he had been showing signs of growth), though it's beyond clear that his personality/attitude/maturity is derailing his career. It'll be interesting to see what the Browns do now that McCown is likely done for the year. Whatever they do, knowing the Browns, it'll be the wrong decision.
Probably I still think Davis looked sharp... for one drive anyway but that blocked field goal I was laughing because... well Only the browns.
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Just wonder if Dallas will eventually end up with Manziel . Jerry seems to like them kind of players.
Davis done good coming off the bench I thought. It just the Ravens wanted the win more.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote:Just wonder if Dallas will eventually end up with Manziel . Jerry seems to like them kind of players.
Davis done good coming off the bench I thought. It just the Ravens wanted the win more.
I don't know. Seems like a "Jerry" move but he just said today he thinks Romo can play 4-5 more years so...
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mark my words, "Johnny Football will be a Dallas Cowboy by the start of next season" take it to the bank 8)
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Austin Davis will start over Manziel.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

dead_poet wrote:Austin Davis will start over Manziel.
You could be right.
I think there is a lot more going on behind the scenes for him to get demoted to 3rd string. Than what we are hearing about.