View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Tears of the purple 
Packers Suck

Post Tears of the purple
So I was initially going to make a thread in NFL talk about the calls that did or didn't go your way in last Sunday's game, but at the direction of a moderator, I will post this in the smack shack, and likewise, the tone of said post my shift a little bit to reflect such a thing. :wink:

Come my purple compadres! Lets us talk of calls for ill or benefit from Sundays football spectacular! Let me hear the fearsome traditional warcry of the mighty Norsemen, 'SKOL REFS SKOL!' My bet for this thread is that I can raise you a bad call for every bad call that you have decided is worth nitpicking and fixating on!

The stinging pain of reality can be a tough one to deal with, but fear not, for I, the mighty Jordy am here, to help you through this time of hurt and confusion for you. :)

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:44 pm
Defensive Tackle

Post Re: Tears of the purple
Oh, this is going to go well... ;)

My take is simple: the Vikes played sloppy, undisciplined football, committed a lot of penalties and suffered the consequences. I'm not going to whine or complain about the officiating today. There may have been a few close calls where the refs could have held onto the flag but in no way do I think they cost the Vikes the game.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:52 pm
Career Elite Player

I didn't see the bad calls. I saw a bad team effort.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:59 pm
All Pro Elite Player

I think most of the calls against us were legit but that wasn't the issue (well, it was definitely a problem because we need to more disciplined). It was the zero calls and zero penalties called on the Pack in the first half and only 19 penalty yards for the entire game. I don't think it is quite the conspiracy like some fans but the discrepancy was evident.

Maybe the Packer coaches teach the players how to sell things and our coaches don't?

It reminded me of an NBA game between Lebron and a lottery team where the box score shows that Lebron took 18 free throws and the other team other team took 10 as a whole.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:04 pm
Packers Suck

TSonn wrote:
I think most of the calls against us were legit but that wasn't the issue (well, it was definitely a problem because we need to more disciplined). It was the zero calls and zero penalties called on the Pack in the first half and only 19 penalty yards for the entire game. I don't think it is quite the conspiracy like some fans but the discrepancy was evident.

Maybe the Packer coaches teach the players how to sell things and our coaches don't? It reminded me of an NBA game between Lebron and a lottery team where the box score shows that Lebron took 18 free throws and the other team other team took 10 as a whole.

Or we just played more disciplined football? I actually agree there were probably some missed holding calls in our favor, but there were missed calls on you guys as well.
But im going to wait to bring up specific calls until somone else does.

When it comes to missed holding calls, missed facemasks etc. etc. it is stuff that quite commonly cuts both ways.

Last edited by Jordysghost on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:06 pm
Packers Suck

Mothman wrote:
Oh, this is going to go well... ;)

My take is simple: the Vikes played sloppy, undisciplined football, committed a lot of penalties and suffered the consequences. I'm not going to whine or complain about the officiating today. There may have been a few close calls where the refs could have held onto the flag but in no way do I think they cost the Vikes the game.

Interesting take, thanks for the input.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:07 pm
Packers Suck

DK Sweets wrote:
I didn't see the bad calls. I saw a bad team effort.

Yea, I tend to agree, the Vikings did not play up to their ability, imo.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:07 pm
Fenrir

Reason I said to put it here is while you may want a civil debate, it's an entirely subjective topic at a heated time. I don't mind you linking to this topic from general, I just want it contained away from Viking talk.

As for penalties, the real head scratcher for me was the non-calls for neutral zone infraction. There were at least two plays where Teddy got the DT to jump. Any closer and he's touching Bergers helmet. I don't think he got set back behind the line before the ball was snapped.

While some of the penalties were borderline ticky tacky, the Floyd hit on Rodgers and the head butt by Patterson to Crosby, it showed lack of discipline and I think Zimmer will rip them for this.

It's fine, the win in Lambeau will be all the more sweeter as the tears freeze to Rodgers face, not because he just got knocked out of the playoffs but because he has to spend his career in that god forsaken land. The reason your fan base travels so well is because even people that live there don't want to be there. Frozen tundra is right, too bad you obese, toothless hillbillies don't realize that name isn't a compliment.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:22 am
Packers Suck

S197 wrote:
Reason I said to put it here is while you may want a civil debate, it's an entirely subjective topic at a heated time. I don't mind you linking to this topic from general, I just want it contained away from Viking talk.

As for penalties, the real head scratcher for me was the non-calls for neutral zone infraction. There were at least two plays where Teddy got the DT to jump. Any closer and he's touching Bergers helmet. I don't think he got set back behind the line before the ball was snapped.

While some of the penalties were borderline ticky tacky, the Floyd hit on Rodgers and the head butt by Patterson to Crosby, it showed lack of discipline and I think Zimmer will rip them for this.

It's fine, the win in Lambeau will be all the more sweeter as the tears freeze to Rodgers face, not because he just got knocked out of the playoffs but because he has to spend his career in that god forsaken land. The reason your fan base travels so well is because even people that live there don't want to be there. Frozen tundra is right, too bad you obese, toothless hillbillies don't realize that name isn't a compliment.

:lol: Oh yea, because I hear Wisconsin and Minnesota are such vastly different places. :thumbsup:

I think the biggest difference between the two states is that Wisconsin typically hands Minnesota their #### in competitive athletics. This is the reason it usually comes down to silly insults and petty namecalling, and honestly I cant blame you, its not like the Vikings have given you much on field trash to talk. :tongue:

We don't really 'travel' well, per say, moreso we just have large contigents of fans nearly everywhere on Earth, thats what its like, being an icon and all. :)

Last edited by Jordysghost on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:27 am
Packers Suck

As to beating us at Lambeau, well see, I just hope you guys talk all of that good #### like this week. :mrgreen:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am
Packers Suck

How dissapointing, none of the fans that are harping on the calls want to come here and discuss them, I wonder why.. :mrgreen:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:33 pm
Career Elite Player

Post Tears of the purple
When we kick Green Bay's #### to take the division at the end of the year, we're never going to hear from you again, are we? ;)

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:49 pm
Fenrir

To be honest, I was just in Lambeau earlier this year for the MNF game and I have to say it really ticked me off how nice your fans are :lol:

It's cool to have a rivalry that doesn't spill into the stands although I can't say if it stays that way when GB is losing. I would definitely go again if I ever had the need to visit a barren wasteland. Chin up, just 8 more months until you see the sun again!

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:52 pm
Packers Suck

S197 wrote:
To be honest, I was just in Lambeau earlier this year for the MNF game and I have to say it really ticked me off how nice your fans are :lol:

It's cool to have a rivalry that doesn't spill into the stands although I can't say if it stays that way when GB is losing. I would definitely go again if I ever had the need to visit a barren wasteland. Chin up, just 8 more months until you see the sun again!

If your looking for a barren wasteland, why not Minnesota? Maybe we will have a harder time taking over your stadium per the usual. :D

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:56 pm
Packers Suck

DK Sweets wrote:
When we kick Green Bay's #### to take the division at the end of the year, we're never going to hear from you again, are we? ;)

On the off chance you guys pull one out against us, ill gladly show up to take my punishment. :)

I mean, its not like it would be a real big deal, Ill still be able to fall back on the fact that you guys have no SuperBowl Wins. :D

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:59 pm
Fenrir

Jordysghost wrote:
S197 wrote:

If your looking for a barren wasteland, why not Minnesota? Maybe we will have a harder time taking over your stadium per the usual. :D

Minnesota has a high number of Fortune 500 companies, top 10 in the US. I would imagine at least double that of Wisconsin. As for taking over the new stadium, I'm doing my part, I own the rights to 3 seats for the next 50 years :wink:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:20 pm
Packers Suck

S197 wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
S197 wrote:

Minnesota has a high number of Fortune 500 companies, top 10 in the US. I would imagine at least double that of Wisconsin. As for taking over the new stadium, I'm doing my part, I own the rights to 3 seats for the next 50 years :wink:

That seems... interesting I guess? If a little bit off topic, but I still don't think it changes the fact that most view Minnesota and Minnesota culture as not to dissimilar from their Wisconsin counterparts. I don't live in either place so that is neither here nor there. I don't think fortune 500 companies, or Wisconsins consistently superior education system have any bearing on the matter at hand.

Oh that is a sweet haul man, you should go to the inaugural game, bring ear plugs so the deafening 'Go Pack Go' doesn't grate on your ear drums.
:D

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:27 pm
Packers Suck

Just so everyone knows, im only trolling incessantly because I find it apparent that none of the 'blame the refs' crew is willing to actually back up their beliefs under scrutiny, and would rather just cry and whine amongst themselves to nurse their bruised ego, so this thread has to be put to use for something! :) Also, I find it courteous to not be overactive on the main forum right now.

Though I do find it nessecary to let you all know that im quite intentionally being obnoxious. :D

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:43 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Jordysghost wrote:
Though I do find it nessecary to let you all know that im quite intentionally being obnoxious. :D

So, just like usual then?

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:47 pm
Packers Suck

Crax wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

So, just like usual then?

I don't think thats fair, i've been quite level headed and rule abiding since I joined, not that I would last long otherwise.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:50 pm
Fenrir

You're toeing the line well. We had a resident packer fan that lasted quite a while on these forums. I can't recall if he left on his own or we eventually had to show him the door but you seem to have a good idea of when to press and when to back off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:31 pm
Packers Suck

S197 wrote:
You're toeing the line well. We had a resident packer fan that lasted quite a while on these forums. I can't recall if he left on his own or we eventually had to show him the door but you seem to have a good idea of when to press and when to back off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I appreciate that, It is easy to get caught up in the smack and rivalry but I really find this to be a pleasant board with a TON of knowledgable posters, I have no interest in pushing it over in the main forums and getting banned.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]