Doug Flutie loses both parents on same day

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Doug Flutie loses both parents on same day

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Doug Flutie's parents both passed away within an hour of each other Wednesday after being married for 56 years, the former NFL quarterback said on Facebook.

Flutie said that his father, Dick, had been ill and died of a heart attack in the hospital. Less than an hour later, Dick Flutie's wife, Joan, suddenly had a heart attack and also passed away.

"They say you can die of a broken heart and I believe it," Flutie said. "I would like to honor my parents for all that they did throughout my and my brothers' and sister's lives. My parents were always there for their children, from the days my Dad coached us as kids and my Mom would work the concession stands, through to this morning."
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/doug-fluti ... d=35288711

What a horrific thing to go through. I have heard of people dying due to a broken heart before. It is a rare thing, but it has to be extremely tragic when it does happen.
Prayers to Flutie and his family...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Doug Flutie loses both parents on same day

Post by Mothman »

I just heard about this from another friend. It's terrible news. My prayers are definitely with Doug Flutie and his family.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I feel bad for Doug Flutie and his grief, but its really quite a beautiful story. God bless that man and woman. Very touching story.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

fiestavike wrote:I feel bad for Doug Flutie and his grief, but its really quite a beautiful story. God bless that man and woman. Very touching story.
This.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I have always like Flutie...the guy has his share of bad days for sure...

Bless him and his family
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote:I feel bad for Doug Flutie and his grief, but its really quite a beautiful story. God bless that man and woman. Very touching story.
Yea, really.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011