XBOX ONE

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

XBOX ONE

Post by jackal »

Well I finally made the jump to an XBOX ONE.. It is a huge upgrade from the 360 platform in graphics especially.

I had thought about the PS4, but I made more games and liked some of the fantasy/ NFL stuff with the XBOX
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
S197
Fenrir

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by S197 »

Been thinking about getting another console. Haven't played my 360 in two years.

I'll see what the black Friday deals look like, I bet they'll go for 300

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I gotta say, if anyone is thinking about upgrading to an Xbox One, now is the time. The system has vastly improved since it has launched. I have had it since the first day it came out and I can definitely attest to its progression as a console.

I am not a console fan-boy, but, I could never really get into PS3. I liked my PS2, but I was really blown away by Xbox original and Xbox 360. So, for me, getting the Xbox One over a PS4 was a no brainer.

Anyway, if anyone needs any more insight on the Xbox one, I would be glad to offer any suggestions that I can.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The game play is four or five times better than the XBOX 360 was...

I created a team of superstar players and am crushing the NFL ..my kid says dad that's too easy

and I say I just enjoy seeing the purple win huge game after game.. next season I play in the new stadium.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Just saw a PS4 bundle for $275 using promo code and Amex savings. Very tempting...

If it was the battlefront bundle I would have pulled the trigger.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

My kid got the PS4 and playing GTA on it seemed very addictive ...I think there both good. My son said at first PS4 was outselling Xbox two to one.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:My kid got the PS4 and playing GTA on it seemed very addictive ...I think there both good. My son said at first PS4 was outselling Xbox two to one.
Yes, the PS4 was killing the Xbox One at first but that isn't always indicative of quality in consoles.

Im no fanboy or anything, but I've done my due dillegence and thought that Xbox One was the superior product.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Jordysghost wrote: Yes, the PS4 was killing the Xbox One at first but that isn't always indicative of quality in consoles.

Im no fanboy or anything, but I've done my due dillegence and thought that Xbox One was the superior product.
Based on what? I'm still on the fence about which to get. It seems like the Xbox One is a better all around entertainment unit while the Playstation has the edge in hardware (graphically).

From what I read they're both very good and it's close. I think the main differentiator is the games that are console specific.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Based on what? I'm still on the fence about which to get. It seems like the Xbox One is a better all around entertainment unit while the Playstation has the edge in hardware (graphically).

From what I read they're both very good and it's close. I think the main differentiator is the games that are console specific.
I have seen and played both systems, and there are things I like, about both. I think the XBOX ONE has more to offer, in social media
skype, fantasy players etc.. As usual Microsoft wants to control too much, and the game system has huge updates. I don't like how
how you have to use so much hard drive to play games, either. I think the PS4 might actually be the stronger system in motherboard
ability and graphics. I think both systems are a huge leap, in gaming.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

jackal wrote: I have seen and played both systems, and there are things I like, about both. I think the XBOX ONE has more to offer, in social media
skype, fantasy players etc.. As usual Microsoft wants to control too much, and the game system has huge updates. I don't like how
how you have to use so much hard drive to play games, either. I think the PS4 might actually be the stronger system in motherboard
ability and graphics. I think both systems are a huge leap, in gaming.
That's what I gather too. I've always had an Xbox and never a PlayStation but may switch this time. My console is rigged to a spare tv so I don't really need all the extra options of the Xbox. It will be strictly for gaming and nothing else.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'll probably end up getting the PS4. I had both the PS3 and a 360 and in my opinion, the PS3 was clearly the better system. Sounds like the next gen systems are just improved versions.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Ended up grabbing the PS4, $270 on Amazon with Chase Freedom 10% cash back (same for Xbox One). Then grabbed Witcher 3 ($25), Metal Gear V ($35), and COD Ghosts ($8) from BestBuy. Should keep me busy for quite a while.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

S197 wrote:Ended up grabbing the PS4, $270 on Amazon with Chase Freedom 10% cash back (same for Xbox One). Then grabbed Witcher 3 ($25), Metal Gear V ($35), and COD Ghosts ($8) from BestBuy. Should keep me busy for quite a while.
Do yourself a favor S197 and grab Fallout 4. You will really busy after buying that game. :)
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Do yourself a favor S197 and grab Fallout 4. You will really busy after buying that game. :)
Plan is to grab the games after they've been out a while so they're cheap. That's the good thing about not having played anything for the last 2 years, you can get great games on the discount rack!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Do yourself a favor S197 and grab Fallout 4. You will really busy after buying that game. :)
I was waiting for Fallout 4 for YEARS. Was so elated when it came out.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011