Browns looking to dump Mack and Joe Thomas

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Browns looking to dump Mack and Joe Thomas

Post by jackal »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... joe-thomas

wow I think either of these two guys could really help us.. please make a move Slick Rick

Mack does have a no trade but if he signed off on it ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Browns looking to dump Mack and Joe Thomas

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... joe-thomas

wow I think either of these two guys could really help us.. please make a move Slick Rick

Mack does have a no trade but if he signed off on it ...
Tbe cap ramifications would not be worth it.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The cap ramifications would not be worth it
We got some wiggle and could rework some things I would love to get at least one of them.

What day is the trade deadline ? I know its real soon??
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: We got some wiggle and could rework some things I would love to get at least one of them.

Do you have some wiggle? I mean, I know your team is young but I haven't checked the cap numbers for a minute and it seems like Spielman engineers alot of trades as it is. Yea, idk week 8 I believe? It used to be week 6 or 7 I believe.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote: We got some wiggle and could rework some things I would love to get at least one of them.

Trade deadline is November 3 @ 4 p.m. ET.

We have very little wiggle room. Don't expect the Vikings to be able to trade for either of these guys. If the information here is accurate, they have a little over $3.4 million left. Alex Mack has an $8 million contract. Joe Thomas has an $8.8 million contract ($10.2 million cap hit). Even IF Patterson is traded to them or someone else, Patterson only carries a $1.97 million cap hit.

The Vikings would have to do a LOT of house cleaning and contract restructuring or something to even have a shot but that's incredibly, incredibly remote given how many millions of dollars they'd have to shave. As much as I'd love either of these guys, there's about a 0.00002% chance of this happening.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

We have very little wiggle room. Don't expect the Vikings to be able to trade for either of these guys. If the information here is accurate, they have a little over $3.4 million left. Alex Mack has an $8 million contract. Joe Thomas has an $8.8 million contract ($10.2 million cap hit). Even IF Patterson is traded to them or someone else, Patterson only carries a $1.97 million cap hit.

The Vikings would have to do a LOT of house cleaning and contract restructuring or something to even have a shot but that's incredibly, incredibly remote given how many millions of dollars they'd have to shave. As much as I'd love either of these guys, there's about a 0.00002% chance of this happening.
If the vikings could back load a deal, and have the player sign off, it could happen...The problem is the players know the NFL and owners
love to nix those deals and not pay the players properly, who allow those deals. Maybe its a pipe dream, but I am going to hold onto it
a few more hours anyways.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

FWIW Alex Mack has a "no trade" clause and he intends to honor that. He said it's in there for a reason. He won't waive it. For all intents and purposes Mack won't be going anywhere. Thomas is a pure LT. As much as I love him ours is faring fine right now. We need G/C/RT help. Joe will not be in Purple by day's end.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@RapSheet On the #Browns: I hear they want more than a 1st for Joe Thomas, wanted a 3rd for Alex Mack, want a 3rd for Mingo. Steep on all accounts.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Mack says he is not willing to drop his no trade so that rules him out
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Holy crap...
Browns & Broncos rushing to beat the NFL trade deadline that will send LT Joe Thomas & a 4th pick in '16 to Denver for a 1st/2nd in '16
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

And just now:
Mike Pettine says Browns made no moves at the deadline. "That's my understanding."
A potential Joe-Thomas-to-Denver deal that both sides were working on up until the deadline did not get completed, per league sources.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Funkytown wrote:And just now:
Thank God! It would be unreal to see an undefeated Broncos squad PLUS Thomas and Vernon Davis.