View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl 
All Pro Elite Player

Post Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl
I DO NOT want this

But as of now we are nearly half way to a superbowl between undefeated Pats and Packers.

anyone have stats on the longest string of games there has been an unbeaten team in both division at the same time?

Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:53 am
Commissioner

Post Re: Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl
IrishViking wrote:
I DO NOT want this

But as of now we are nearly half way to a superbowl between undefeated Pats and Packers.

anyone have stats on the longest string of games there has been an unbeaten team in both division at the same time?

I don't have those stats but if the Vikings can't win it all I wouldn't mind the Packers losing in heartbreaking fashion in the Super Bowl and selecting 31 in every round.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:20 am
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:
IrishViking wrote:
I DO NOT want this

I don't have those stats but if the Vikings can't win it all I wouldn't mind the Packers losing in heartbreaking fashion in the Super Bowl and selecting 31 in every round.

Word :-D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 am
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player

That would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside :)

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:34 am
Commissioner

Post Re: Halfway to an
DK Sweets wrote:
That would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside :)

It's not a bad consolation. Last season in the NFC Championship it was fairly gratifying to see them go up 16-0 at the half and 19-7 with 5 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter, with the ball and end up losing in overtime. Sometimes if I have trouble sleeping I think back to that game and my brain snuggles it like a teddy bear and I fall into a peaceful slumber.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:43 am
Packers Suck

Relying on another team to beat your biggest division rival? Weak sauce Vikes fans, weak sauce. :D

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:47 am
Commissioner

Jordysghost wrote:
Relying on another team to beat your biggest division rival? Weak sauce Vikes fans, weak sauce. :D

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:51 am
Packers Suck

dead_poet wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Yea, but feeling all smitten and fuzzy about your division rival losing in the NFCCG while your team sits out? Weak. Weak. Weak. Regardless of the teams in question.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:04 pm
Career Elite Player

Jordysghost wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Yea, but feeling all smitten and fuzzy about your division rival losing in the NFCCG while your team sits out? Weak. Weak. Weak. Regardless of the teams in question.
Hey, ideally the Vikings smash the Packers. But if we can't be good enough to beat you, I hope somebody else is. I'll own that.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:06 pm
Packers Suck

Well I can certainly understand wanting your division rival to not win a SB, but when it comes to making fun of, or ridiculing the Packers for an NFCCG loss, I really, really don't think a Vikings fan is sitting in a great position to talk, no disrespect intended. Especially when they missed last years playoffs.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 pm
Packers Suck

At any rate, I seriously doubt either team goes undefeated for a whole season.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:19 pm
Commissioner

Jordysghost wrote:
Well I can certainly understand wanting your division rival to not win a SB, but when it comes to making fun of, or ridiculing the Packers for an NFCCG loss,

I'm not making fun of them. I'm reminiscing. There's a difference.

I'm so deeply unashamed by the satisfaction I felt/feel about that game and could give a Ragnar hot crap about your opinion of that. You're not a Vikings fan. You haven't lived through what we have. Think about how you felt after that game and multiply that by about 100 and you might start understanding our/my perspective. Am I happy my team was sitting out during that? Absolutely not. What would've been even sweeter would be the one delivering that glorious dagger. It wasn't, but at least it was delivered. How many people were really all that sad when Joffrey Baratheon was poisoned? Yes, I'm saying the Packers are the Joffrey Baratheon of the NFL.

You will never understand my perspective, and I don't expect you to. So feel free to judge all you want and look down on those of us that do, but you might not be able to see us very well atop your high horse made of Lombardi trophies. Just a friendly warning: winter is coming.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:39 pm
Commissioner

Jordysghost wrote:
At any rate, I seriously doubt either team goes undefeated for a whole season.

Ugh. I hope not. That'd be disgusting.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:39 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Well I can certainly understand wanting your division rival to not win a SB, but when it comes to making fun of, or ridiculing the Packers for an NFCCG loss,

I'm so deeply unashamed by the satisfaction I felt/feel about that game and could give a Ragnar hot crap about your opinion of that. You're not a Vikings fan. You haven't lived through what we have. Think about how you felt after that game and multiply that by about 100 and you might start understanding our/my perspective. Am I happy my team was sitting out during that? Absolutely not. What would've been even sweeter would be the one delivering that glorious dagger. It wasn't, but at least it was delivered. How many people were really all that sad when Joffrey Baratheon was poisoned? Yes, I'm saying the Packers are the Joffrey Baratheon of the NFL.

You will never understand my perspective, and I don't expect you to. So feel free to judge all you want and look down on those of us that do, but you might not be able to see us very well atop your high horse made of Lombardi trophies. Just a friendly warning: winter is coming.

Well said.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:44 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

dead_poet wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Packers Suck

dead_poet wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Thats the thing though, reminiscing about another teams losses is weak, I wasn't jumping up and down when Wilson threw that pick at the goalline in the SB, and for good reason.

'Your perspective' my 'highhorse'.. :lol: is this 'lost cause' rhetoric really nessecary? It just doesn't make much sense to feel so jovial as fan over a game your team didn't even participate in, what are you really even saying? 'Oh haha, you didn't win the SB that year'? Well neither did you, I might as well start 'reminiscing' about every loss that made you miss the playoffs last year, it really wouldnt be much different..

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:42 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Jordysghost wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Thats the thing though, reminiscing about another teams losses is weak, I wasn't jumping up and down when Wilson threw that pick at the goalline in the SB, and for good reason.

'Your perspective' my 'highhorse'.. :lol: is this 'lost cause' rhetoric really nessecary? It just doesn't make much sense to feel so jovial as fan over a game your team didn't even participate in, what are you really even saying? 'Oh haha, you didn't win the SB that year'? Well neither did you, I might as well start 'reminiscing' about every loss that made you miss the playoffs last year, it really wouldnt be much different..

You don't understand and who cares? Your team lost. It was beautiful to watch a rival who has had an embarrassment of riches at the hardest position to fill in football for over two decades stump a fail in a heartbreaking fashion.

scha·den·freu·de
ˈSHädənˌfroidə/
noun
pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune

Its a real thing and honestly its a very "high horse" response from you to say "you shouldn't feel that" fine, great, I don't think Packers should feel a sense of pride over hitting on a backup trade in the 90s and a draft pick in the mid 2000s. You don't feel it, congrats. Who cares? We do and so many other people do that the Germans have a word for it.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:41 am
Packers Suck

IrishViking wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

You don't understand and who cares? Your team lost. It was beautiful to watch a rival who has had an embarrassment of riches at the hardest position to fill in football for over two decades stump a fail in a heartbreaking fashion.

scha·den·freu·de
ˈSHädənˌfroidə/
noun
pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune

Its a real thing and honestly its a very "high horse" response from you to say "you shouldn't feel that" fine, great, I don't think Packers should feel a sense of pride over hitting on a backup trade in the 90s and a draft pick in the mid 2000s. You don't feel it, congrats. Who cares? We do and so many other people do that the Germans have a word for it.

Wait.. you dont feel that.. Packers fans should feel pride in their teams accomplishments? :lol: Because that is uh.. what you just said.. thats quite a difference from the 2014 NFCCG, which had nothing to do with the Vikings.

But was it really a fail though? I mean, they got to the NFC Championship Game and lost, by that logic the Vikings going 7-9 last year should be a season to remember for a Packers fan like me.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:59 am
Defensive Tackle

Jordysghost wrote:
But was it really a fail though? I mean, they got to the NFC Championship Game and lost, by that logic the Vikings going 7-9 last year should be a season to remember for a Packers fan like me.

Oh, yes, that championship game loss was definitely "a fail". the blew a lead in spectacular fashion.

IrishViking, you beat me to the punch. I was thinking of posting about schadenfreude in this thread too. Well done.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:16 pm
Strong Safety

Goodness the two teams I hate the most in the Superbowl NE/GB

I would have to root for the Refs,

Jordysghost, If you expect fair or rational; when it comes to the Packers, from a Vikings fan.
You would have better luck doing a scratch and sniff, on the most unappealing Wal-Mart customer
nether regions and expecting minty freshness. :mrgreen:

Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:56 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:
Wait, OK, 13. That's how many Packer fans have stated they are hoping the Bears beat the Vikings this week. Want me to count last weeks?

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:53 pm
Packers Suck

Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Oh, yes, that championship game loss was definitely "a fail". the blew a lead in spectacular fashion.

IrishViking, you beat me to the punch. I was thinking of posting about schadenfreude in this thread too. Well done.

Oof, if that was a fail i'd hate to hear you opinion on the Vikings 7-9 season.

To even be leading in the NFCCG in one of the hardest stadiums to play in, with a hobbled one legged QB is impressive in its own right, if that is a fail, what was the 2014 Vikings season? A super utra mega deluxe fail?

Last edited by Jordysghost on Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:35 pm
Packers Suck

Raptorman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Wait, OK, 13. That's how many Packer fans have stated they are hoping the Bears beat the Vikings this week. Want me to count last weeks?

Difference between wanting a certain team to lose, and 'reminiscing' about another teams loss, in another teams stadium, while your team was on the couch eating crackers.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:36 pm
Career Elite Player

Post Halfway to an "unbeaten" superbowl
No one here cares what you say or think purp

Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:14 am
Career Elite Player

Happy Halloween

Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:14 am
Packers Suck

Why the hostilities? Don't take this stuff so personal, happy halloween indeed.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:19 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Jordysghost wrote:

I have to say that I did tell you that the Broncos would end your dream, right :tongue:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:35 pm
Packers Suck

Purple bruise wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

I have to say that I did tell you that the Broncos would end your dream, right :tongue:

For this year at least, yea you were right. But my real 'dream' is winning another SB, and we have a pretty good chance to put ourselves in position to do just that.

I told you the Niners would win week 1, and you chalked it up to me being a Packers fan, so I suppose we are even for now.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:43 am
Packers Suck

At least Sunday night gave you guys one to 'reminisce' about. :wink:

Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]