Around the League - Week 8

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Around the League - Week 8

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

jackal wrote:Rodgers only had 777 yards ? from what they were saying post game... :whistle:
An extra 7 in there, but yeah, that Denver D is pretty good. Thats why im so glad it looks like the Vikes are going heavy on D first. Praying Waynes is as good as advertised, Denver's corners had as much to do with the win over GB then anything.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Around the League - Week 8

Post by DK Sweets »

I agree, the things that have given Rodgers problems in this game are things we could be doing really well when we play them.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I normally don't like being this lazy, but I'm feeling tired today: does anybody know when the last time the other three teams in the division lost in one week but the Vikings won?
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

77 Yards is unreal I bet cheddar heads everywhere just got a rude awaking. How interesting this is, I remember just last week how all the people were saying the packers had the division all locked up, now we're only a game back. 3-0 in our division, things are getting to a point where the media may think we're competition.

@DK Without looking it up the last one I remember was the first game a season or two... or three ago. Sorry mate I'm still half ran over by the Miller truck.
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

[quote="Skoltastic_Voyage"]77 Yards is unreal I bet cheddar heads everywhere just got a rude awaking. How interesting this is, I remember just last week how all the people were saying the packers had the division all locked up, now we're only a game back. 3-0 in our division, things are getting to a point where the media may think we're competition.

@DK Without looking it up the last one I remember was the first game a season or two... or three ago. Sorry mate I'm still half ran over by the Miller truck.[/quote]

:rofl:
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Skoltastic_Voyage wrote: Sorry mate I'm still half ran over by the Miller truck.
:lol: We've all been there before.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Anyone watching the Carolina/Colts game? In OT now after a 17pt 4th qtr comeback by the colts. Wouldn't have mattered if Carolina didn't miss an XP. Colts got the ball and kicked a FG and now Ginn just dropped a wide open TD
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Well gee wiz that game sucked.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Skoltastic_Voyage wrote:77 Yards is unreal I bet cheddar heads everywhere just got a rude awaking. How interesting this is, I remember just last week how all the people were saying the packers had the division all locked up, now we're only a game back. 3-0 in our division, things are getting to a point where the media may think we're competition.

@DK Without looking it up the last one I remember was the first game a season or two... or three ago. Sorry mate I'm still half ran over by the Miller truck.
Rude awakening? lmao no. We are 6-1, unless someone actually thought we were going to do go undefeated, this really isn't much. We lost in one of the toughest places to play with our number 1 CB and second round CB knocked out early. It was quite lame, but nothing earth shattering.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:I agree, the things that have given Rodgers problems in this game are things we could be doing really well when we play them.
Im curious what has given Rodgers problems, in your opinion? Aside from the Broncos D that is.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Niners bench Colin Kaepernick; Blaine Gabbert to start
Three years after leading the San Francisco 49ers to Super Bowl XLVII, Colin Kaepernick has been benched in favor of a quarterback with a 5-22 record as an NFL starter.

The 49ers have informed Kaepernick that former Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert will start versus the Atlanta Falcons this week, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports, via a source informed of the situation.

Kaepernick faced a locker-room split, per Rapoport. The organization's decision makers stayed with the 2012 breakout star as long as they could, but dysfunction on offense could no longer be ignored.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

It'd be funny if the 49ers season wasn't so sad.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:It'd be funny if the 49ers season wasn't so sad.
Yeah, they're not having a good time of it, are they?

Admit it, you still think it's a little funny.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: Yeah, they're not having a good time of it, are they?

Admit it, you still think it's a little funny.
Oh alright. But it'd be significantly funnier if it was Green Bay.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Jordysghost wrote: Im curious what has given Rodgers problems, in your opinion? Aside from the Broncos D that is.
It's not a Rodgers problem. It's a team problem. The team has depended on Rodgers to win games for them for 4+ years. They forgot how to win without Rodgers behind center. People can talk all they want about Peyton Manning, but Denver is winning as a team, not as one player. Same with the Vikings. They are winning as a team. I have been saying it for years, stop Rodgers, stop the Packers. If Rodgers throws 1 TD or less on the road the Packers lose 70% of the time.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966