2016 Projected picks based on season so far

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

2016 Projected picks based on season so far

Post by jackal »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... every-team

If the season ended today the Vikings would estimated as a wild card pick.

The article lists LB, OG, and DE are biggest needs based on Greenway and Robison being replaced

OL would still trump anything based on this season.. We have Crighton, Hunter, and Tratou(sp)
at DE..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 2016 Projected picks based on season so far

Post by Norv Zimmer »

What about safety?
I watched a duke game and I was pretty impressed with their safety.... I think his last name was cash.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

For guard there is a kid outta Arkansas that looks like a beast, he is a great run blocker and a pretty good pass blocker. Tratola is his name I thinks.
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

This reaffirms how utterly moronic some sports journalists and so called "experts can be at times. Just regurgitating false information they themselves were fed, and try to package it up and pass it off for actual analysis. Lancey Z has proven that, indeed he spent minimal if any time analyzing the Minnesota Vikings this year. If he honestly thinks we would draft one LB in the first one year, another LB in the second the next year, then the year after spend another early round pick on a LB?

This is utterly erroneous.

And then... LOL

And then, he proceeds to talk about the defensive end position...... This man clearly knows next to nothing about the Minnesota Vikings and should be ashamed that he would just regurgitate false information, or fabricate elaborate story lines, and try to present it as Draft analysis.

Honestly, this alone was enough to prevent me from giving a single crap about reading the rest of his piece.
I really would not put up with this if I were his boss.. Then again, not everyone can be John Clayton, or Mike Mayock out here. I just expect better from guys that get paid the big bucks, who at times present us with dishonorable garbage.
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

Now that I got that off my chest. :soap

Here's how (IF the season ended today) I would break down our draft needs. At this time.

Top Needs:
OG
C
SS

Depth security:
LB
DT
OT
CB

Here are some prospects I've been scouting, and feel could really help our football team.
*The following player analysis are from http://walterfootball.com

ImageDenver Kirkland*, G, Arkansas
Height: 6-5. Weight: 340.

Projected Round (2016): 2-4.
10/17/15: Kirkland has played well for Arkansas as he has been a tough run blocker for the Razorbacks. Arkansas plays him at left tackle, but that clearly is not his home for the NFL as he struggles with speed rushers. Kirkland is a power guard for the next level.

8/15/15: When you watch Arkansas, Kirkland stands out as a mauler at the point of attack. The Razorbacks feature a power ground attack and have had success running behind their power right guard. Kirkland allowed only one sack as a sophomore in 2014 and had only three penalties on the season. He's a prospect who hasn't gotten much attention, but could easily rise.

ImageLe'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech (As a guard)
Height: 6-6. Weight: 313.

Projected 40 Time: 5.21.
Projected Round (2015): 1-3.
10/17/15: Clark is having a strong season for the Red Raiders and is improving his draft stock.

8/15/15: Clark has natural abilities as a pass-protector and moves well for his size. He also has the size to open holes in the ground game. Clark has a lot of upside to develop, but his NFL fit could come at guard.

Clark played well for Texas Tech in 2014. He had a solid showing against Arkansas and edge rusher Trey Flowers in limited reps against each other as Flowers more often went against the right tackle. Clark was wise to return for his senior year.

Texas Tech toyed with moving Clark to right guard for 2014, but he spent the season as the team's starting left tackle. Clark was a freshman sensation in 2012 as he started all 13 games at right guard and played at a high level for the Red Raiders. He was on numerous all-freshman teams nationally. In 2013, Clark took over at left tackle and once again was selected by the media as an all-conference standout.

Image Germain Ifedi*, OT, Texas A&M (As a Guard, or Possibly someone to push our Tackles for a starting role, really like this kid)
Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.

Projected 40 Time: 5.33.
Projected Round (2016): 2-3.
10/17/15: Ifedi has played well for the Aggies. He opens holes in the ground game and is reliable in pass protection. Ifedi has more strength and nastiness to him than some other recent Aggie offensive line prospects like Luke Joeckel, Jake Matthews and Cedric Ogbuehi. However, Ifedi isn't as quick or athletic to be a left tackle like that trio. Sources say they see him more as a guard for the NFL.

8/15/15: The Aggies have produced three first-round offensive tackles over the past three years, and Ifedi has the physical skill set to make a run at four in a row. He didn't always play up to his skill set in 2014, but the Aggies' offensive line had to be jockeyed in the mid-season with a few players slumping after a strong start. Ifedi has athleticism to go with size.

Image Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame
Height: 6-4. Weight: 301.
Projected 40 Time: 5.00.
10/17/15: Martin has played well for Notre Dame. He is a sound blocker who could use more strength for the NFL.

8/15/15: Martin played well for Notre Dame in 2014. He was very solid with reliable pass protection and good contributions in the ground game. For the NFL, it would help Martin if he added more strength, but he is a good athlete with quickness. Martin should have the ability to add weight and play guard as well.

Martin started 11 games at center in 2012 as the replacement for Braxston Cave. Martin played well as a run-blocker and pass-protector for the Fighting Irish, but had his season end early with a torn MCL in the home finale. Martin needs to stay healthy and productive as a senior. Nick Martin is the younger brother of Zack Martin, first-round pick and instant success at guard for the Dallas Cowboys from the 2014 NFL Draft

ImageKevin Byard, S, Middle Tennessee
Height: 5-11. Weight: 207.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.
10/17/15: Thus far, Byard has 35 tackles, two interceptions and one pass broken up.

8/17/15: Byard has displayed some serious instincts and ball skills over the past three seasons with interception totals of four (2012), five (2013) and six (2014). He has taken four of his 15 interceptions back for touchdowns. Beyond his nose for the ball, Byard also is a willing tackler despite having a career-low 66 tackles in 2014. He had 106 as a sophomore and 74 as a freshman. Byard has totaled 11 passes broken up across his career.

Image Isaiah Johnson*, S, South Carolina
Height: 6-1. Weight: 210.

Projected 40 Time: 4.63.
Projected Round (2016): 3-4.
10/17/15: This year, Johnson has 35 tackles with two passes broken up for the Gamecocks.

8/17/15: Johnson transferred to South Carolina and that is a good move considering the mess that Charlie Weis left behind in Kansas. The Jayhawks' defense got a decent 2014 season out of Johnson with 75 tackles, one interception and a couple of passes batted. He was better as a freshman when he had five interceptions and 73 tackles

ImageJayron Kearse*, S, Clemson
Height: 6-4. Weight: 205
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.
10/17/15: Kearse has started the season strongly with 23 tackles, two passes broken up and an interception.

8/17/15: Kearse notched 60 tackles with two interceptions and five passes broken up in 2014. He had a quality season and was a bigger presence than the numbers indicate. Kearse has nice size and length to help him match up against tight ends and big receivers. His stock could rise.

ImageEddie Jackson*, S/CB, Alabama
Height: 6-0. Weight: 175.

Projected 40 Time: 4.53.
10/17/15: This year, Jackson has 22 tackles and three interceptions. He was moved to safety in the spring and looks better as a cover safety for the NFL.

8/17/15: Jackson showed improvement in 2014 and took on a bigger role. The sophomore totaled 41 tackles with six passes broken up and one interception. As a freshman, he had 19 tackles with two passes broken up and a pick. Jackson has a physical skill set, but he needs to get more consistent about preventing separation.

ImageHassan Ridgeway*, DT, Texas
Height: 6-3. Weight: 314.
Projected 40 Time: 5.25.
Projected Round (2016): 1-3.
10/24/15: Ridgeway can be overwhelming for the interior of an offensive line with his size and strength. The junior has put together some excellent games where he has beaten offensive tackles and guards to make plays in the backfield. He's showed the ability to be a stout run defender and collapse the pocket in the pass rush. In 2015, Ridgeway has 21 tackles with 4.5 for a loss and two sacks. He's beaten some double-teams and is a well-balanced defender.

Last year, Ridgeway stood out while playing next to Malcom Brown. He totaled 48 tackles with 9.5 for a loss and six sacks in 2014.

ImageAdolphus Washington, DT, Ohio State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 295.

Projected 40 Time: 4.85.
Projected Round (2016): 1-2.
10/24/15: In 2015, Washington has 34 tackles with 5.5 for a loss, one forced fumble and three sacks. He dominated Penn State's offensive line with two sacks and tons of disruption in the backfield.

8/22/15: Washington made a nice impact in 2014 as part of an excellent defensive line. He teamed with Michael Bennett and Joey Bosa to produce a consistent pass rush and a ton of plays behind the line of scrimmage. Washington had 48 tackles with 10.5 for a loss, 4.5 sacks, three passes batted and one forced fumble on the season. He totaled five sacks over his a sophomore and freshman years.

Image Yannick Ngakoue, OLB/DE, Maryland
Height: 6-2. Weight: 255.

Projected 40 Time: 4.82.
Projected Round (2015): 2-3.
10/24/15: Ngakoue, who has impressed NFL talent evaluators, has started the season very strongly with 19 tackles, seven for a loss, seven sacks and one pass breakup. While he doesn't get a lot of publicity, he could have a lot of potential as a pro edge rusher.

8/22/15: Ngakoue caught my eye in 2014 when he was owning Iowa left tackle Brandon Scherff (the fifth-overall pick to the Redskins in the 2015 NFL Draft). Ngakoue was able to beat Scherff with speed and showed the ability to convert speed to power, putting Scherff on roller skates. In other games Ngakoue played well against Michigan State left tackle Jack Conklin and Ohio State left tackle Taylor Decker. Ngakoue totaled 37 tackles with 13.5 for a loss, six sacks, and two passes broken up for the year. His best fit could come as a 3-4 outside linebacker.
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

84BreaksAnkles wrote:Kevin Byard, S, Middle Tennessee
Height: 5-11. Weight: 207.
i would just like to bring up the fact that we wiffed on this guy....
7 picks for the Titans this season..
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

84BreaksAnkles wrote: i would just like to bring up the fact that we wiffed on this guy....
7 picks for the Titans this season..
Life goes on.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018