Around the League - Week 3

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Around the League - Week 3

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Roethlisberger out... With he and Romo out, i wonder how long it will be until the qbs have flags in their pockets for flag football.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Around the League - Week 3

Post by DK Sweets »

Watching RedZone. They aren't showing much of Seattle/Chicago and I'm probably skipping over to it soon.

Kaepernick...lol

Tyrod Taylor is impressing me so far.

What games are you guys watching?
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Roethlisberger out... With he and Romo out, i wonder how long it will be until the qbs have flags in their pockets for flag football.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I got in trouble by my fiancé for laughing when Rapistberger went down. That flies in the face of pretty much everything we value in sports...but then again, so does Roethlisraper.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Boy the refs just SCREWED Chicago. That punt clearly hit Seattle. Someone has money on Seattle covering, apparently.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Boy the refs just SCREWED Chicago. That punt clearly hit Seattle. Someone has money on Seattle covering, apparently.

It sure looked that way. Brutal call.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

My upset of the month is the Broncos losing to the Lions tonight.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

If the Broncos lose tonight, I'm going to be furious. I've picked them to lose both of the first two games, so if this is the one where they finally blow it, I'm going to be convinced Manning's only goal in life is to frustrate me.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Also, I'd really like to face a Broncos team that's sitting comfortably at 3-0 next week than a team trying to rally from their first loss.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

blowout festival this week! WOW! Bears shut out in a 26 to nothing loss, Patriots/Jaguars looked like one of this deliberate blowout college football games. 47-7 Cardinals over 49ers! Buffalo 41-14 over the Dolphins!
Even the Vikings put a nice butt whooping on in a game that was nowhere near as close as the score indicates, 31-14.

Craziness.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Bengals/Ravens as the "upset" of the week was a no brainer in the Pick 4 league.

I like that Dalton fellow.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Watching this Denver game closely tonight. One of the more important game of the Mike Zimmer era coming up next Sunday.

It's going to be TOUGH for the offense to get things going against that defense.

I hope Rhodes can play, we'll need him, but I'm actually quite confident in our defense. We can get in Manning's face. I hope we smack him around a bunch and get him off his spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

frosted wrote:Watching this Denver game closely tonight. One of the more important game of the Mike Zimmer era coming up next Sunday.

It's going to be TOUGH for the offense to get things going against that defense.

I hope Rhodes can play, we'll need him, but I'm actually quite confident in our defense. We can get in Manning's face. I hope we smack him around a bunch and get him off his spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our offensive line doesn't stand a chance. Of course, perhaps neither does Denver's against ours. I'm serious when I say that Peyton could be taken out of the game if he absorbs half the hits Stafford/Rivers have the last two weeks.

You're right about needing Rhodes. We'll need AD to make a lot out of a little, per usual. As high as we might be right now I don't predict a win in this one unless we take out Manning and/or AD keeps us in this one.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

All I can say is, I'd hate to be the quarterback for either team. it is gonna be a sack and big hit jamboree out there.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

That was a crazy play there on the 4th and 1 right before halftime in the Denver/Detroit game. Thought they'd go for the field goal, but they went for it all.
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

DK Sweets wrote:Also, I'd really like to face a Broncos team that's sitting comfortably at 3-0 next week than a team trying to rally from their first loss.
Agreed. 1. Hunnid
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"