Gameday Pictures

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Gameday Pictures

Post by DK Sweets »

Most of us feel like we know each other somewhat well. Many of us have started referring to each other on a first name basis and I thought this would be a great way to not only put a name with a face but to share some memorable experiences.

To start this off, I would like to share my new addition, Oliver.

He entered my life 2 months ago and he's ready to cheer the Vikings on to victory!

PS: I'm the bigger guy in the chair.
Last edited by DK Sweets on Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Gameday Pictures

Post by DK Sweets »

Um...so...if nobody else posts anything I'm going to feel super weird.

C'mon! Surely somebody has a cool picture to share.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Gameday Pictures

Post by Mothman »

DK Sweets wrote:Um...so...if nobody else posts anything I'm going to feel super weird.

C'mon! Surely somebody has a cool picture to share.

LOL! I'll see if I can find one worth posting.

Your little Vikes fan looks great in his Vikes jersey!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I'll try to remember next game day. :smilevike:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Sorry, i missed this thread somehow. I will get some pics posted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

This was a long time ago. I'm 19 now, haha. This was from my 2nd vikings game. Vikings vs Lions, which we came out on top luckily.

This was from 2009 when the Vikings played the Cowboys in the playoffs. Next to me is the reason why I'm a Vikings fan, my grandpa. The next game I decorated even more, but I don't want to talk about that game. :wallbang: :wallbang:

Also a little embarrassing backstory. From about 1st grade to 4th/5th grade I was very connected to the Vikings. I still am, but luckily I've grown up ( a little). Well I use to cry after every single Vikings lost. Pre-season, regular season, playoffs it didn't matter. Me and my grandpa both cried in 09, only time I have ever seen him cry in my entire life. Since than the only time a sports team has made me cry was the Kansas City Royals world series, but that was mainly tears of joy since they were completely #### for 18 years of my life.

SKOL!
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Thanks for sharing Eliot!

And yeah...I don't think I cried after 09, but I did sleep the rest of the day and that was the only Super Bowl I haven't watched since becoming a fan.
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

I have some pictures of training camp from 2011 and 2012 but I have never figured out how to post pictures.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

9man wrote:I have some pictures of training camp from 2011 and 2012 but I have never figured out how to post pictures.
The easiest way would be to use a site like photobucket or tinypic and use the option that starts with "img" inside the brackets.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

TO date, my only Vikings game. 2013 vs the Eagles.

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Eliot wrote:Image

This was a long time ago. I'm 19 now, haha. This was from my 2nd vikings game. Vikings vs Lions, which we came out on top luckily.

This was from 2009 when the Vikings played the Cowboys in the playoffs. Next to me is the reason why I'm a Vikings fan, my grandpa. The next game I decorated even more, but I don't want to talk about that game. :wallbang: :wallbang:

Also a little embarrassing backstory. From about 1st grade to 4th/5th grade I was very connected to the Vikings. I still am, but luckily I've grown up ( a little). Well I use to cry after every single Vikings lost. Pre-season, regular season, playoffs it didn't matter. Me and my grandpa both cried in 09, only time I have ever seen him cry in my entire life. Since than the only time a sports team has made me cry was the Kansas City Royals world series, but that was mainly tears of joy since they were completely #### for 18 years of my life.

SKOL!
Were pretty close to the same age, and I used to cry after every Packers loss, so dont feel embarrassed. LOL.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Well, I'm not in this picture since I was taking it, but this is a picture from the Vikings/Broncos game last week so I figure it qualifies as a gameday pic.

There was a guy from Paulaner beer that is a Vikings fan and he set up a tent and gave out free beer and food to Vikings fans before the game(and a few broncos fans, but it was mostly all vikings fans by that tent). I talked to him afterward when I saw him out at dinner where I was eating and he said they want through around 50 cases of beer(x12 each) so gave out around 600 beers and were grilling up hotdogs, hamburgers, brats for everyone too. It was pretty awesome to see a ton of Vikings fans out there before the game

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Great shot, Crax. It's very cool to see all those purple jerseys at an away game. If not for the stadium in the background, someone might think that picture was taken at a Vikes home game.
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

Mothman wrote:Great shot, Crax. It's very cool to see all those purple jerseys at an away game. If not for the stadium in the background, someone might think that picture was taken at a Vikes home game.
That is one of the things I noticed the most about the Vikings/Broncos game. There was a ton of Vikings fans! Was it people from the Dakotas, or is Denver just a popular away game because of something being legal there ;)
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!