Around the League - Week 2

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Around the League - Week 2

Post by jackal »

Wow 0-2 teams Seattle, Indy, Baltimore, Eagles and a few others I am not too surprised by...Giants

Its going to be a crazy season ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

GB and Denver in the SB...mark my words
GB maybe

Denver ? I don't think so ...Peyton's arm looks weaker....
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm not a believer in Denver either, but we'll see how this new offense works after they iron it out a bit.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:I'm not a believer in Denver either, but we'll see how this new offense works after they iron it out a bit.
I think CJ Anderson will have to ball it up for the Broncos to get to the Super Bowl.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

New England looks as good as anybody so far...not happy about that
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote:New England looks as good as anybody so far...not happy about that
Looking at their schedule, they have a gross, legit chance to run the table. Who is going to challenge them? The Jets?

Steelers are point monsters and that's before they get Bryant and Bell back.

Denver is legit if Kubiak gets out of Peyton's way and they find a run game. That defense is legit.

Kansas City, Cincinnati and Seattle are still good.

Screw Green Bay.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote: Looking at their schedule, they have a gross, legit chance to run the table. Who is going to challenge them? The Jets?

Steelers are point monsters and that's before they get Bryant and Bell back.

Denver is legit if Kubiak gets out of Peyton's way and they find a run game. That defense is legit.

Kansas City, Cincinnati and Seattle are still good.

Screw Green Bay.
I seriously doubt the Pats run the table.

Denver is ok but noodle arm ohoolihan is getting up there in age.

Steelers might be in the SB, and I think GB has been the best team in the conference since the last month of the regular season last year.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Jordysghost wrote:I seriously doubt the Pats run the table.
I know it's pretty unlikely but I look at their schedule and the way they've been playing thus far and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, barring injury. Here's their remaining schedule

Panthers -- They should win here
Cowboys -- No Romo. No Dez. The Cowboys' defense is trending up but I can't see them putting up enough points to contend with the Patriots
Colts -- If Vontae Davis is back in the lineup that will help. This one could be close (and a shootout) as the Pats' defense isn't quite the Jets
Jets -- This will probably be the toughest test they face to this point with a very good defense and a couple of good corners.
Dolphins -- Dolphins defense looks to be a mess right now and their secondary lacks good enough talent. This may be a shootout as well but I think one the Pats will win
Redskins -- If a Kirk Cousins-led Redskins beats Brady and the Patriots that will be something else
Giants -- Lacking a pass rush, secondary and really anything defensively the Patriots and Gronksmash should tear them up. Can Manning/OBJ keep up?
Bills -- See matchup #1
Broncos -- This will be a great game, as usual. Brady Vs. Manning (assuming Manning's arm hasn't fallen off). I can see the Patriots losing this one (it's in Denver)
Eagles -- Will the Eagles have corrected enough to put up a fight? As of now, they'd get destroyed.
Texans -- Better hope Foster heals up and can take a heavy workload and/or the defense can create a bunch of turnovers/points because Mallet won't beat Brady
Titans -- Patriots win
Jets -- See above
Dolphins -- See above
Steelers might be in the SB, and I think GB has been the best team in the conference since the last month of the regular season last year.
I neglected to mention Arizona, which looks fantastic as well. And I'm still trying to figure out St. Louis. Yes, the road to the North goes through Green Bay. Let's see if they can stay healthy.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote: I know it's pretty unlikely but I look at their schedule and the way they've been playing thus far and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, barring injury. Here's their remaining schedule

Panthers -- They should win here
Cowboys -- No Romo. No Dez. The Cowboys' defense is trending up but I can't see them putting up enough points to contend with the Patriots
Colts -- If Vontae Davis is back in the lineup that will help. This one could be close (and a shootout) as the Pats' defense isn't quite the Jets
Jets -- This will probably be the toughest test they face to this point with a very good defense and a couple of good corners.
Dolphins -- Dolphins defense looks to be a mess right now and their secondary lacks good enough talent. This may be a shootout as well but I think one the Pats will win
Redskins -- If a Kirk Cousins-led Redskins beats Brady and the Patriots that will be something else
Giants -- Lacking a pass rush, secondary and really anything defensively the Patriots and Gronksmash should tear them up. Can Manning/OBJ keep up?
Bills -- See game #1
Broncos -- This will be a great game, as usual. Brady Vs. Manning (assuming Manning's arm hasn't fallen off). I can see the Patriots losing this one (it's in Denver)
Eagles -- Will the Eagles have corrected enough to put up a fight? As of now, they'd get destroyed.
Texans -- Better hope Foster heals up and can take a heavy workload and/or the defense can create a bunch of turnovers/points because Mallet won't beat Brady
Titans -- Patriots win
Jets -- See above
Dolphins -- See above
Wow, with that schedule I really could see them going 16-0. They'll probably lose a few games along the way but it would sure be tough to predict where and when.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

frosted wrote:The Jets defense is awesome. They'll be one of the best defensive units in the league this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my opinion Bowles is kind of setting up the Jets like the cardinals.
Great defensively , With an average QB that's been in the league awhile and a couple good wide receivers.
I think that is going to be a tough division this year.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote: Yes, the road to the North goes through Green Bay. Let's see if they can stay healthy.
Im hoping that the road to the SuperBowl goes through Green Bay, and God willing, I think it will. Aaron Rodgers, is just crazy, he still seems like he is improving his game.

If he is upright, I feel like we have a good as chance as anyone, I also think the Vikings are an ascending young talent and will be our biggest threat to the division title this year. The NFC is wide open right now, for real. I anticipate the Squawks rising like a phoenix from the ashes of 0-2 pretty soon. I dont think the Cardinals are a legit SuperBowl contender.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Jordysghost wrote:I dont think the Cardinals are a legit SuperBowl contender.
Why not? They have a QB playing as good as anyone, talented, deep receivers, good special teams, tough defense and a running game that's good enough. I'm not seeing many weaknesses.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote: Why not? They have a QB playing as good as anyone, talented, deep receivers, good special teams, tough defense and a running game that's good enough. I'm not seeing many weaknesses.
I like Carson Palmer, but I just dont trust him to keep pace with the elite teams in the league come playoff time, hopefully he stays healthy this year though, guy is always catching rough breaks.

I would like to see how their Running game holds up over the course of the season, doesn't seem like they have to much at running back, but they have been producing very well thus far, so we will see.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Jordysghost wrote:I like Carson Palmer, but I just dont trust him to keep pace with the elite teams in the league come playoff time, hopefully he stays healthy this year though, guy is always catching rough breaks.

I would like to see how their Running game holds up over the course of the season, doesn't seem like they have to much at running back, but they have been producing very well thus far, so we will see.
Yeah, as we saw last year Palmer staying healthy is easier said than done but that team was good enough to win some games with second and third-stringers so it's not a stretch that Palmer playing all 16 games will be huge. I don't see how he doesn't keep pace, though. I'm not sure he's even been sacked yet and they're going to get Iupati back this week.

So far their running game has been fine, and that's without Iupati and Ellington. It's too bad Arians doesn't trust David Johnson yet as he's been pretty electric with the ball in his hands and his role is expected to grow. They're a team to watch.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote: Yeah, as we saw last year Palmer staying healthy is easier said than done but that team was good enough to win some games with second and third-stringers so it's not a stretch that Palmer playing all 16 games will be huge. I don't see how he doesn't keep pace, though. I'm not sure he's even been sacked yet and they're going to get Iupati back this week.

So far their running game has been fine, and that's without Iupati and Ellington nursing injuries. It's too bad Arians doesn't trust David Johnson yet as he's been pretty electric with the ball in his hands and his role is expected to grow. They're a team to watch.
I agree. In fact, I think they're the best team in the NFC. If they stay healthy at key positions, I think they can advance to (and perhaps even win) the Super Bowl.